Notices

Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 09:45 AM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS

Well i am 90% ready to finish my setup but i still have some questions about my downpipe and how can i get to do it.
First for references, here is my other build up thread.All my block and motor build is there..
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=860134

I had posted that i had problems with a manifold i got because it was not too A/C friendly..There was barelly 3" of clearance between the Turbo and A/C compressor so i sold that manifold and ordered a MiniMe from LoveFab(Cody).I wanted to do a 3" Downpipe

Well i got my manifold and it is beautifull BUT, when test fitting again it seems that now i even have less clearance than with the old manifold(the quality and prettyness of this manifold makes it a Keeper so thats why i want some feedback as to what to do).

Here are some pictures
Welds on the manifold are preeeeeeeeetty

Manifold, Turbo and Racegate(42mm)

In the car

Old 08-30-2004, 09:46 AM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Clearance issues:
If you can se in the pics..The space between the turbo and A/C compressor is thight.. I dont think a 3" DP fits..So can i make a 2.5" and Flare it to 3" ?

Under the car!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Absolutely beautiful manifold. Nice setup as well!

As far as help goes, I've got nothing, but i do love the car!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:53 AM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fjt)

Intercooler: 31 x 6 x 2.75

I will have to loose my fog lights because the inlet/outlets are barely 1/2" from the fogs..The fogs are just right in the middle so cutting the fogs bracket as others do will not work(with a smaller FMIC it works).

Heres my fancy radiator

Old 08-30-2004, 10:25 AM

Default Re: (fjt)

go for it with the 2.5-3 inch flare.your turbo probably has a 2.5 exducer bore so i dont think you would lose much at all by sarting off with a 2.5.or you could suffer like me and take out the ac i hate south florida weather,and im sure pr isnt any better
Old 08-30-2004, 10:29 AM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (buckfittyone)

Taking A/C out is not an option je je(i would have ordered the Non AC mani and saved 100 bucks there)..Our winters here are 80degrees weather ..lol

Old 08-30-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (fjt)

Looks good, just get rid of the zip ties.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (fjt)

From the looks of it, a 2.5 inch wont fit in that space....

Good luck...
Old 08-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (EM1 MIKE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1 MIKE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks good, just get rid of the zip ties. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the zip ties will get rid of themself once they feel that heat
Old 08-30-2004, 11:55 AM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (redturbocivic)

Lol i should had put a Zip tie Warning on the thread..That was just to test fit... Oviously it will have the right bolts when i install everything
Old 08-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Ds are next to impossible to go with a full 3". 2.5-3" fits with ease though!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (Tinker219)

yeah, it looks to me that you have plenty of room for a 2.5"-3" dp
Old 08-30-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (Tinker219)

you should of had cody make you one with the manifold. then you know it would have been all set.

Landon
Old 08-30-2004, 01:16 PM

be careful of that wastegate...ive seen them turn to **** in no time and boost creep like crazy...
Old 08-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lanojp1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lanojp1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">be careful of that wastegate...ive seen them turn to **** in no time and boost creep like crazy...</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is the Race gate, not the Delta gate.. or have you had personal bad experiance's with the Racegate ??
Old 08-30-2004, 03:03 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Dturbocivic)

why dont you flip the turbo around
Old 08-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that is the Race gate, not the Delta gate.. or have you had personal bad experiance's with the Racegate ??</TD></TR></TABLE>

why even bother with those wg's get a tial and if you can afford it turbomuff.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:06 PM

I say your best bet is to try and find a Cast Iron downpipe.A cast downpipe will throw less heat on the compressor than a thin guage pipe and I seen a few that almost come straight down off the turbine....like this Greddy
Old 08-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where is the a/c fan ?? or whatever it called....
Old 08-30-2004, 06:05 PM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (RACEPAK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RACEPAK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
where is the a/c fan ?? or whatever it called....</TD></TR></TABLE>
in those pics both fans where removed..the Wastegate hit the Radiator fan..both fans will be replaced by thin Push fans<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D-Man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I say your best bet is to try and find a Cast Iron downpipe.A cast downpipe will throw less heat on the compressor than a thin guage pipe and I seen a few that almost come straight down off the turbine....like this Greddy
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm do you know where i can find one of those?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integlspwr2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why even bother with those wg's get a tial and if you can afford it turbomuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>
1. this is not a creepy Deltagate..It is a Racegate 42mm so it should do the work.
2. i had to keep it cause i ordered the Manifold and Cody needed to custom fit it,which he did nicelly...I didnt wanted to risk having this gate as a Paper holder on my desk when i spent money on it(it costs 400+ new )..I tried to sell it but with so lil time it was impossible..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tinker219 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Ds are next to impossible to go with a full 3". 2.5-3" fits with ease though!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks Cody ill work it out as a 2.5" flared to 3" then.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:34 PM

Damn that is a beatiful manifold.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fjt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
in those pics both fans where removed..the Wastegate hit the Radiator fan..both fans will be replaced by thin Push fans
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

where can i buy thin push fans?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (FOrSfEd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FOrSfEd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn that is a beatiful manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>
not bad for an 18 year old kid eh? Yep, thats my brothers work! The lil ******* getting penetration a lot more solidly than I am...at least on the first pass
Old 08-31-2004, 04:50 AM
fjt
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS (RACEPAK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RACEPAK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where can i buy thin push fans?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well push fans in general are thin...atleast all ive seen.

I believe almost any autopart store sell them
Old 08-31-2004, 04:58 AM

autozone and advanced auto sells them for about 69.00

Quick Reply: Almost ready.some clearance issues(Tinker come and see =) ) PICS PICS PICS