Notices

all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside...

well, after ordering a turbo kit (drag gen4 for accord 98-02) from a dealer (from classified forum) who ordered from a prominent distributor/seller here at h-t.com and waiting for 5 months, i finally got my stuffs in. the main problem is that i do not have the tial upgrade. the package looks like it went to hell and back. styrofoam stuffed inside the charge pipes/intercooler fins/everywhere-literally and the packaging looks very shitty to be honest. almost makes me want to question the seller's reputations.

i will not point my fingers and tell you guys who the dealers were since they have *almost* kept their end of the bargain...i do seriously hope that they will correct this situation however...

ok, here is what is wrong with the kit...is anything else missing? i've been reading up on the forums and learning a great deal, but never seen these parts up close, so i'm kinda lost (especially since the kit did not ship with parts list).

can someone tell what these parts are?

1. Maybe some vacuum tubes/tees...where would this go?

2. I think top one is the wastegate dumptube...what's the bottm one for? Where would these pipes plug to?

3. I'm thinking these are oil pan plug, oil feed lines?

here's the snail...

thanks guys...
Old 12-25-2002, 11:30 PM
New User

Default Re: all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside... (ash.zero)

1. Check valves and vacuaam tees. I suggest purchasing at least a missing link to replace the check valves.

2. Top is wastegate dump tube. bottom one is oil return pipe that you supposely weld it to the oil pan. I highly suggest don't use the oil return supplied by Drag. Use stainless steel braided lines and hose ends.

3. All the misc. feed, return lines, barbs, and little clamps.

If you pay extra for the Tial wastegate upgrade then you should tell the seller that it's missing or need to be replaced. Hose clamps are cheap unless you really have the time to wait for the seller to send you some. Good luck with the install!!!
Old 12-25-2002, 11:32 PM

Default Re: all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside... (ash.zero)

that sucks. shouldnt be a biggy though, just sell the deltagate on ebay or something. what bov flange is on the charge pipe..hks or blitz, if its blitz, i'd just keep that bov. you can buy hose clamps from pepboys.

1. those vaccuum and tsplitters are for hooking up your vaccuum sources (bov vaccuum source, FMU vaccuum source, wastegate vaccuum source).

2. yes, that is a wastegate dumptube. it bolts onto the other flange on the wastegate. i dont know what that little pipe is.

3. i felt like being helpful:

the other bolts are self explanatory. those 2 small clamps are used to tighten around that fat red oil return line. you should really look into buying a stainless steel return line kit.
Old 12-26-2002, 04:26 AM
New User

DRAG kits are like a box of chocolates - you never know what you are gonna get. They are never consistant. I've seen kits get polished compressor housings free of charge, missing stuff, etc. Looks like you got a free anodized back plate. Never seen DRAG send T04E 50 trims though, usually it's 54 trim for E housings. Anyway, don't blame the dealer, blame DRAG, but I would definately contact the dealer to get the stuff you paid for.

[Modified by VaporTrail, 8:27 AM 12/26/2002]
Old 12-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ash.zero:gota love that icon
Old 12-26-2002, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside... (DLB1994)

thats kinda icky..
but i would say the blitz dd bov is better than the hks one..so dontworry about that.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside... (DLB1994)

Yes! I second that
Old 12-26-2002, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside... (LsTurbo91)

Yes! I second that

true dat!!!!
Old 12-26-2002, 03:06 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside... (Blake)

I actually find his avatra pic offensive. I dont wanna see that **** when i'm surfing honda-tech
I find the language you use sometimes offensive.
Old 12-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside... (VaporTrail)

what is the main difference between 50 and 54 trim? is it just the compressor housing size? as for the oil return lines, i think i'll order the earls stuff...just gotta search and get the correct part numbers...
also, the charge pipe is already flanged for the blitz bov...so i'm thinking i'm stuck with blitz bov...
went to local advanced auto and they were out of the clamps...so i'll check back on them...they were also out of the exhaust manifold gasket...
so which parts should i be worried about? just the turbo and wastegate situation?

thanks for the replies guys...i changed the avatar...hope you guys like this...
Old 12-26-2002, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: all these agony...worth it??? help me join the darkside... (Blake)

i like the other one better
Old 12-26-2002, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

difference between 50 trim and 54 trim anyone?
the engine driving it will be f23a (2.3L, sohc) from 99 accord with 5spd...
planning on vafc hack...
Old 12-27-2002, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 12-27-2002, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your spool will benefit but peak power will suffer slightly