Notices

All FORCED INDUCTION GURUS chime in!!!....Want to SUPERCHARGE a b18c/b18c5....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All FORCED INDUCTION GURUS chime in!!!....Want to SUPERCHARGE a b18c/b18c5....

As of yesterday, i wasnt able to post in this forum... so i brought this up in the CRX section. But now i am allowed to ask my question here... so here's the deal!

I am basically wanting to buy either a b18c1 or c5. i am really considering doing some sort of forced induction later on. Its not set in stone, but just in case i do decide to do it, i want to be ready. BUT, the other thing is... this car is going to be my primary vehicle. Daily driven, 90 miles round trip with traffic.. EVERYDAY! I know that is what makes a forced induction application a little more tricky and or risky.... so thats why am hear asking these questions. I want to eliminate as much risk and guesswork as possible. Plus, i am looking for good gas mileage if possible. I cant have this thing getting 15 MPG!

Just wondering if buying one from Hmotors is the best way, or if i can get out of here for around the same cost if i can acquire all required (yet better than stock) parts for a beefier N/A motor that will be great for a TC or SC.

My goals:
solid N/A motor with ability to SC or TC
Best Gas mileage possible
Reliable

i know, i know.. i want the best of both worlds. I didnt say that one of my goals was not spending any money!! Dont get me wrong, i want to do this for as CHEAP as possible... but cheap is a relative term.

So, what should i do...?

What parts should i look at getting to start this?

maybe you guys have a completely different/better idea!! Im open.. PLEASE CHIME IN!!!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: All FORCED INDUCTION GURUS chime in!!!....Want to SUPERCHARGE a b18c/b18c5.... (eleos1177)

I knock down as good of mileage as stock on my setup with a turbo, usually about 30 on the highway driving it to work, I wouldn't waste my time with a supercharger.

Stock motor + good forged pistons/rods + peakboost turbo kit + well tuned hondata and you're set. Although if you're going to boost it expletive a GSR/ITR motor, just run a turbo on a stock LS and have a turbo setup for about the same price as swapping either of the stock VTEC powerplants into your car in the first place.