Notices

Aftermarket Intake, PCV Question/Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Intake, PCV Question/Problem...

Hi,
I have searched these forums and searched the net, and can not find this information...but I need this info ASAP! Thanxz!

I am running a 95' Civic DX d15b7 w/full turbo setup...je/srp pistons (standard bore), crower rods, bigger cam, 310cc RC injectors, obx intake manifold, etc...

(turbo not yet installed, just rebuilt engine want to work out bugs before installing turbo)...

I have an aftermarket intake (OBX) inwhich required ALOT of "CUSTOM FABRICATION"

Problem is the Aftermarket Intake has all the correct nipples...only thing it is lacking is a spot for the PCV Valve...(it was originally mounted/bolted on the STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD)

The car runs fine, however CEL is on without it...and it lopes pretty bad hehe...due to some vaccume...inwhich is due to the PCV problem im asking about...

I do not have any time nor do I want to or plan on taking this intake to a machine shop to get this PCV deal machined on...(yes i know, i have a deadline to meet...which is not good when your building a engine)

I was wondering if there is a possible way to bypass this problem or hook it up differently or something of some sort...im sure others out there have had this same problem with aftermarket intakes!!!! THEY A BYTCH!!! I have searched and only found things that concerned a "CATCH CAN" setup...however people argue too much of their own opinions and im confused...some say ditch the whole pcv some say you have to have it...someone please!!!! GEEZE!!!

(what ever happened to "SIMPLE BOLT ON"? Guess we have to work for it now days?) Owells, please HELP ASAP!!!!

I appreciate it!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Aftermarket Intake, PCV Question/Problem... (XzCiViCzX)

Im not sure why your lopeing because of the pcv.. I have mine disconnected from the intake manifold because its in use by something more important(wastegate) and it runs fine..
Old 06-23-2004, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Aftermarket Intake, PCV Question/Problem... (tgreaves)

Sorry I was told this was called the PCV...This problem has nothing to do with the PCV...

I have now just found out its the IAVC, My aftermarket intake manifold does not have a spot for it...and it idles like crazy...up and down up and down...
Old 06-23-2004, 11:31 AM

Ahhhh... The EACV or IACV... You need to build and adapter plate for it.. Basically you just run it like you would if it was on the manifold except it doesnt bolt to the manifold, you run vacuum lines from it to the manifold..
Old 06-23-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Aftermarket Intake, PCV Question/Problem... (tgreaves)

Mine looks like this...

Pic reference#1 : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW

I see this guy mounted his on the firewall...

Pic reference #2 https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=342120

However...if you look at pic reference #1 the backside is what bolts on to the STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD (the side with the "mesh screen") do I seal this off or just not worry about it and just bolt my IACV somewheres on the firewall and run my lines from the 2 nipples? and hook the sensor up...? I get that part....what do i do with the back part tho? (the side that has the seal & mesh screen) seal it off?
Old 06-23-2004, 12:24 PM

You dont seal it off, thats the side that air comes from and goes to the other side.. I have seen people either connect it to their intake pipe or run it to a real small air filter..

I dont see a problem if you just left it there but then there is unfiltered air going into your engine..