Notices

AFI Turbo Kit...some comments anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AFI Turbo Kit...some comments anyone?

I am looking into a turbo kit for my sleeved LS and looking to start at the 250-275 range but want room to grow.

I am interested in the following 2 kits:
<U>Option 1</U> is the AFI Turbo Kit
http://www.afiturbo.com/catalo...78e22
Why is this particular cheaper than their top/bottom mount? Is it b/c I would need a 1/2 size radiator? Their other kits are here:
http://www.afiturbo.com/catalo...51_52

<U>Option 2</U> is the drag turbo kit, I wont give a link b/c this kit has been discussed plenty of times.

With either of these kits, will I need to modify the injectors or ECM just to get started? I know for optimal performance it is a good idea, but how about bolting it on and driving, is this possible?

I like the AFI Turbo kit and the Garrett turbo, but have not heard much about this company, but afterall, they are just packaging other manufacturers components.

Any feedback, or first hand experience with either of these kits is appreciated!

Thanks
Old 05-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AFI Turbo Kit...some comments anyone? (lsturbo*)

I would definately go with the AFI turbokit. I just got the bottommount kit and the quality of everything is outstanding. Very reasonable pricing I think too. Also, to do it properly you do need to get larger injectors and your ECU chipped with hondata or some type of EMS. Wit that street kit, the only thing I would do is upgrade to a 3" downpipe and possibly a 44mm wastegate. So that way your ready to upgrade in the future when you wanna turn the boost up.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AFI Turbo Kit...some comments anyone? (SpoolnG2)

AFI
Jesse is a good guy and does some great work I'm on my 3rd turbo kit from him and I'm always happy how everythig turns out give him a call he will answer everything you have to ask about his turbo kits
Old 05-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AFI Turbo Kit...some comments anyone? (fresh_manny21)

Just ordered the bottommount stage 3 from speed-theory.com cant wait to get it!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AFI Turbo Kit...some comments anyone? (audiko4)

The first kit you listed, "Option 1" is the Street-Series kit. It's designed for those looking to get their foot-in-the-door, so to speak. You're limited to ~400whp with this kit as the turbo and intercooler reach their limits. The kit is a cost-effective solution, while not skimping out on quality.

The second kit, "Option 1" are the Stage 1-Stage 4 kits, available with the GT option (Garrett GT-Series). These are built to suit your needs, and offer horsepower potential from 300-800whp.

You will need fueling and EMS upgrades, which are available in bundle-packages with each kit.

If you have any questions, or I can help at all let me know