Notices

afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13

90 si hatch

D16A6, turbo when using FMU and check valves its fine, no CEL.

Tried AFC hack, car keeps cutting off and throws 5, 7, and 13.

Could it be a faulty AFC? This is a used AFC that has been around like the town *****.

Any Ideas?
Old 07-28-2004, 04:57 PM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13 (drumnbassej1)

hahah this is tj's car.. he needs some kind of mangement
Old 07-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13 (G"UNIT)

tj's car just amazes me. I can't ever tell what the hell is up with it. I think that prob was his shitty *** wiring. The boy needs a chipped ecu and 450's and a 3 bar map.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:07 AM

MAP too low

TPS error

PA (atmospheric pressurer sensor)

Sounds like AFC or AFC wiring fuckage.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13 (mekkis)

I think it was whoever wired up the AFC.....

His wiring harness is SO FUCKED. It's been spliced into waay too many times, it looks all clusterfucked.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

code 13 is "normal" for the hack, but the others are not
Old 07-29-2004, 07:59 AM

Default Re: afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13 (notoriousB)

code 13 is abnormal for OBD0 AFC hack.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:27 AM
12 Years Strong

You need H O N D A T A! The AFC worked fine on Jonathans car, I think it is wired wrong, his harness is hacked up
Old 07-29-2004, 08:29 AM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13 (HybridHatch88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridHatch88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need H O N D A T A!</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha that thing will never have hondata..it will always be bootleg..

Good old terris car..lol
Old 07-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not every boosted car needs hondata. Terry's car will never have hondata. Hell I'll have a hard time convincing him to take it to joseph's to get tuned and chipped.

Robbie, have you even looked at uberdata? 1.7 is the bomb. **** hondata. If we were all rolling around in fully built cars, yea, but not for stock motor street car.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:43 AM
12 Years Strong

Hondata has been proved time and time again how it works on race cars as well as street cars, its ludicrous to think you can only run Hondata on a fully built car. Hondata will hopefully get me 300 on 10lbs on a fully stock motor, I say go with whatever you think works, not knocking Uberdata, but I will stay with Hondata until its proved it can't make power or something better comes along
Old 07-29-2004, 11:09 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridHatch88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondata has been proved time and time again how it works on race cars as well as street cars, its ludicrous to think you can only run Hondata on a fully built car. Hondata will hopefully get me 300 on 10lbs on a fully stock motor, I say go with whatever you think works, not knocking Uberdata, but I will stay with Hondata until its proved it can't make power or something better comes along</TD></TR></TABLE>

Define "proved" - you mean the sound bytes of "information" fed you by people wanting to sell you something?

While you're at it, define "think" - are these your own thoughts, based on hard earned understanding of microcontrollers, and proven empirically in the real world... or more sound bytes?

Compare/contrast the connotations and denotations of the words "cheap" and "inexpensive."

Good luck hitting 300 whp @ 10 psi on a stock B16... it's going to be difficult with the current tidbits being sold on HT.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:31 PM
12 Years Strong

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mekkis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Define "proved" - you mean the sound bytes of "information" fed you by people wanting to sell you something?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I mean proven by seeing with my OWN eyes what it can do, and I will stand by it, no matter what the hand full of disbelievers may think or say, Hondata can make power and thats the bottom line. If cheap and inexpensive is your way go for it
Old 07-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridHatch88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I mean proven by seeing with my OWN eyes what it can do, and I will stand by it, no matter what the hand full of disbelievers may think or say, Hondata can make power and thats the bottom line. If cheap and inexpensive is your way go for it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did all the original beta testing for Uberdata. I'll cede the inexpensive, but the connotations attached to cheap I take as an insult.

Consumers, pfft. Go DO something yourself for once, learn from it, report back.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:15 PM
sh!t happens.

G

H-O-N-D-A-T-A......... has been proven and is to my VIEW better than Uberata..

please post a thread on someone makeing 500+whp street car on uberdata... is there such a Thread?
Im not even going to say what i think of "UBERDATA" because it might make some of you MAD and take it as an insult... were not going to say any names..

BUMP for tj's car.. he wants more boost and needs the safc and 450 working right..
Old 07-29-2004, 09:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G"UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">H-O-N-D-A-T-A......... has been proven and is to my VIEW better than Uberata..

please post a thread on someone makeing 500+whp street car on uberdata... is there such a Thread?
Im not even going to say what i think of "UBERDATA" because it might make some of you MAD and take it as an insult... were not going to say any names..

BUMP for tj's car.. he wants more boost and needs the safc and 450 working right..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't seen a 500+ HP car with uberdata yet because uberdata is free, and people like me, who like free things can't often afford crazy setups.

Anyway, back on topic, take those same 500+HP cars on Hondata switch them over to Uberdata and I am willing to bet that the numbers will be the same if not then really damn close.

Old 07-29-2004, 09:50 PM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13 (DA9-T)

well hear goes this thread.........

i beat it will make 500+whp if you TAKE the same tune from the HONDATA and put it on the uberdata...so all in all hondata did the work uberdata is just bootleging off of it.. now does this make since

the uberdata people can take there "FREE" tune and i'll take my money and spend it on hondata and dyno time and tuning...

hey joe what ecu does TJ have in his car.. he has robbies jdmb16 one and his sohc.. which one is in there while the safc is in there.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You upstate ******* are always ******* something up

Everyone knows AEM EMS is where it's at hehe

You guys might want to make sure you did not install the AFC upside down. Sometimes it gets tricky when wiring that damn thing in reference to how APEXI has everything pinned out. Check, check, then double check. If you can get your hands on another afc I recommend swapping it out and seeing if you get the same problems with the same locations for wiring. Common sense should help you out from there.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:43 PM

With an OBD-1 car and running the vafc hack..

Do you throw any codes?
Old 07-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13 (silas)

If it is installed properly, you should not throw any codes on an obd1. As stated before, a code 13 on an obd2 is pretty much expected. However, the last obd2 afc hack I did threw no codes at all.

I guess I'm just the shizzle.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G"UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well hear goes this thread.........

i beat it will make 500+whp if you TAKE the same tune from the HONDATA and put it on the uberdata...so all in all hondata did the work uberdata is just bootleging off of it.. now does this make since </TD></TR></TABLE>

Makes about as much since [sic] as your grammar + spelling. Very coherent!

Blake Warner was wading hip deep in assembler when he was 13-14, if you took a look at the old school R6/Rogue Spear thing you'd see who/what "Vertigo" was. I can completely assure you that Uberdata's boost code is not a knock off of Hyundaidata's - Blake got a few memory locations for various sensors off of Doc @ PGMFI and went forth and created ERM, which later became Uberdata. If anybody is bootlegging anything, it's the god damned lot of us bootlegging Honda's OEM code.

I've discussed the subject with Blake, and I've discussed the subject with Doug at Hondata (god bless him). The only thing Blake ever did that was based of Hondata's/Doug's work was lifting the way in which Hondata applied their generic injector recurve (based on Doug's wideband results with 440, 550, and 750cc injectors), which hasn't been included in recent versions of Uberdata since it didn't work any better when creating a basemap than a flat recurve - too many different types of injectors being used with different latencies inherent to their particular construction (to wit, DSM 450's being a UD staple, Hondata's stuff was RC-based). How does Doug know this? Blake called him up and told him.

Seems like everybody who knows anything about this subject knows what's up - you pay for tuning, thusly don't know the first thing about it, and are out of the loop. You don't know what you're talking about.

As I admonished you earlier, go DO something yourself for once, learn from it, report back.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:00 AM
sh!t happens.

G

OH tj car is obd0 is a 90..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mekkis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Makes about as much since [sic] as your grammar + spelling. Very coherent!

Blake Warner was wading hip deep in assembler when he was 13-14, if you took a look at the old school R6/Rogue Spear thing you'd see who/what "Vertigo" was. I can completely assure you that Uberdata's boost code is not a knock off of Hyundaidata's - Blake got a few memory locations for various sensors off of Doc @ PGMFI and went forth and created ERM, which later became Uberdata. If anybody is bootlegging anything, it's the god damned lot of us bootlegging Honda's OEM code.

I've discussed the subject with Blake, and I've discussed the subject with Doug at Hondata (god bless him). The only thing Blake ever did that was based of Hondata's/Doug's work was lifting the way in which Hondata applied their generic injector recurve (based on Doug's wideband results with 440, 550, and 750cc injectors), which hasn't been included in recent versions of Uberdata since it didn't work any better when creating a basemap than a flat recurve - too many different types of injectors being used with different latencies inherent to their particular construction (to wit, DSM 450's being a UD staple, Hondata's stuff was RC-based). How does Doug know this? Blake called him up and told him.

Seems like everybody who knows anything about this subject knows what's up - you pay for tuning, thusly don't know the first thing about it, and are out of the loop. You don't know what you're talking about.

As I admonished you earlier, go DO something yourself for once, learn from it, report back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OOOOO someone is takeing this as an insult....

ill just use what i like and you use what you like.... dont get mad man.. and who cares who you know and who you talk to.... DAMN take it personal.... your car will just be BOOTLEG....
Old 07-30-2004, 10:21 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G"UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and who cares who you know and who you talk to.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

The point was to illustrate you didn't know what you were talking about, I proved that point amply.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:19 AM
sh!t happens.

G

The point was to illustrate you didn't know what you were talking about, I proved that point amply. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no the only thing you proved is you know UBERDATA and you know how it works and how hondata works. The other guy was saying you can make 500+whp on hondata and put it on uberdata and that it will make the same power or close. THEN I was saying does it make since....
You come in here stating your life story on who you know and other pointless ****. like i said before you keep your FREE TUNE ill pay for mine and get better results..
Old 07-30-2004, 12:05 PM

Hello! This is an AFC Hack thread! Doesn't anyone have any helpful comments? Or will this question continue to be bumped b/c of uninformative, argumentative posts that are irrelavent to the thread?

Quick Reply: afc hack problems - 5, 7, 13