Notices

AEM wideband? i was tweekin on the search mode for an hour b4 i posted this.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM wideband? i was tweekin on the search mode for an hour b4 i posted this.

so i heard of the aem wideband but dnt really knw wat its used for? i knw it reads a/f ratio right? i was lookin at everythin wen i searched for it but most of the stuff is "how to install". i jus wanted to knw how it works and how it benefits u. i read sumthn bout usin it wit hondata or usin sumthn simliar to the aem wideband wit hondata and u also get beter gas milage? i have a b16 build bottom end(84mm, 8.3:1 pistons, sleeved, bearings etc.) and have had the worst gas milage ever. i normally was able to do 300 miles wit mixutre of highway and street but now get bout 200 giv or take 20.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: AEM wideband? i was tweekin on the search mode for an hour b4 i posted this. (lovey408)

no body knws??
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AEM wideband? i was tweekin on the search mode for an hour b4 i posted this. (lovey408)

Description:
A wideband UEGO sensor controller accurately monitors Air/Fuel ratios (AFR) to prevent a lean fuel mixture, which could lead to engine damage. AEM has combined its single-channel wideband UEGO controller and gauge display into one unit, uniting unsurpassed AFR accuracy and control with an easy-to-read interface. AEM’s Gauge-Type Wideband UEGO Controller features a digital LED display and sweeping LED “needle” that changes colors as AFR changes from rich to lean. The unit’s 52mm (2-1/16”) gauge housing fits in most gauge pods and can be remotely mounted virtually anywhere.

Key Features:
- Ideal AFR monitoring tool for EFI and carbureted applications, and engine dynamometers
- Does not oscillate AFR reading like narrow band sensors
- Easy to install & No laptop required for monitoring!
- Bosch sensor included
- Accurate to 0.1 AFR
- Reads in AFR or Lambda via a switch in back of gauge housing
- 24 Color-coded LED display lights provide immediate reference to engine’s air/fuel ratio (AFR) or Lambda ratio
- Integrated three-digit display reveals AFR or Lambda in real time
- User-programmable 0-5v analog output included for use with data loggers and virtually any engine management system
- Serial data stream included for output of AFR (RS 232)
- Works with AEM EMS, Hondata, Ectune, Neptune, Uberdata & more!

Recommended Target Air Fuel Ratios On 91-93 Octane Vehicles:
All motor vehicles: 12.9-13.4:1 (Full Throttle)
Forced Induction Vehicles: 11.2-12.0:1 (Full Throttle)
Partial Throttle/Idle: 15.5:1 (Light Throttle) 14.7-13.6:1 (Partial to Mid Throttle)
There are many small variables involved in targeting your air/fuel ratios, the main idea is to ensure you are not running too rich or lean & making the safest & best power possible due to maintaining a proper amount of fuel to your motor at all times.

How hard is the AEM Uego to install?:
The AEM Uego is very easy to install.
The system only uses 4 wires: 12v, Ground, Signal, Serial
To datalog the 0-5 volt output you simply use the white wire in the harness with which ever system you are using i.e. hondata.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: AEM wideband? i was tweekin on the search mode for an hour b4 i posted this. (mtber)

^^

thankss