Notices

AEM EMS and Water Injection

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM EMS and Water Injection

I am curious if anyone has used the Aquamist water injection systems with the AEM EMS

I was looking at it and noticed that the 2c and 2d kits both say they will interface with standalone engine management systems but wanted to know if anyone had done this and how well it works.

From my understanding the AEM EMS has something like 4 extra ports on it to control other systems and am hoping that one of those will be able to control the water injection kit.

To sum this all up can you use an Aquamist kit with the AEM EMS and if you can what would you base your control of the water injection on to tell the EMS how to control it? TIA

here is a link to the aquamist site if your interested in looking http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/cp.html
Old 05-29-2003, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AEM EMS and Water Injection (UtahRockabilly)

I will eventually be running the same thing. Ill be using the EMS to kick on my WAIC water pump once it hits certain loads, and itll also kick on the water injection...
I cant wait to get everything setup, it should be alotta fun

Heres my WAIC and water injection resevior:

5 gallons w/Empty/Full guage. I think itll work great for both apps. Ill just T off the push side of the pump, and run it to the mist nozzle....
Old 05-29-2003, 06:35 AM

Default Re: AEM EMS and Water Injection (Tinker219)

Very Very nice

The water lines your using look awfully large though what size are they?

Also have your figured out how your going to hook it up to the EMS or how your going to program it?

Also a bump for the morning people (or what feels like afternoon or whatever since I haven't managed to sleep yet and probably won't)
Old 05-29-2003, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

7/8 lines. Its what size the water-puppy pump is, so I figured I would try to match...
I havent looked too much into the EMS actual hook-up. For now though, its just going on a switch. I will dig into the EMS programming once I familiarize myself with it, because Im still a n00b at it...
Old 05-29-2003, 11:21 AM
New User

I've done a bit of research on this topic and the AEM unit can trigger an external switch whenever certain load parameters are met. What some people have tried to do is use a supplemental AEM injector driver to run the Aquamist solenoid so that it's more flexible than just a full on/full off switch but the problem is that this feature is intended to be used for staged fuel injectors which divide the total fuel delivery between the main and supplemental injectors by some pre-set percentage. they were never intended to work for water injection with the original 4 injectors still supplying 100% of the fuel.

Go on to the AEM board. there is a ton of usefull info there on this exact subject.

Mike
Old 05-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM EMS and Water Injection (92sleepR)

look in the supra tuning forum on the aem board. there is a guy that makes a really nice acohol/water injection kit. he has done all the leg work and figured out how to wire and plumb everything including nozzles and hoses and pump..... i think his name on there is Anarkey. Just do a search on there for "methanol injection" and you should come up with it. I think it may use the user #1 function to vary the pump speed based on load but I'm not totally sure thats how it still is.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:56 PM

Default Re: AEM EMS and Water Injection (racerxadam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racerxadam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look in the supra tuning forum on the aem board. there is a guy that makes a really nice acohol/water injection kit. he has done all the leg work and figured out how to wire and plumb everything including nozzles and hoses and pump..... i think his name on there is Anarkey. Just do a search on there for "methanol injection" and you should come up with it. I think it may use the user #1 function to vary the pump speed based on load but I'm not totally sure thats how it still is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, anarkey. Posts on supraforms and the EMS forum
Old 05-29-2003, 07:11 PM

Default Re: AEM EMS and Water Injection (boosted92)

Thanks I will look him up on the AEM forum and see what I can find

One more bump for the night people