Notices

aebs sleeved gsr. How far can i take it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aebs sleeved gsr. How far can i take it?

I have a question about the set up I'm going to use in my Del Sol. So far I have a fresh AEBS sleeved block, CP 9:1 forged pistons, Eagle H Beam rods, and ARP main/head studs. I know this foundation is a stout package but dont really know where to go from here with it. Looking for high hp but still be something i can drive on the street. Looking for advice on turbo choice, head choice, clutch & axle choice, and transmission choice. Any help would be appreiciated. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aebs sleeved gsr. How far can i take it?

Your rods are the weakest link obviously. As far as power goes, people have made 900+ on the Eagle H-Beams with large rod bolts..
Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

as well as 1200whp on AEBS sleeving. You can go as far as your parts and tune will take you.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good thanks for the info. anyone have any suggestions on turbo set ups and the other stuff. Im trying to find what to look for so when i order more stuff i will have a better idea of what to get
Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cp with upgraded wrist pins can go to over 1k whp..eagles ive seen 700whp but i wouldnt trust them at that level...the aebs sleeves look strong so way over 1000...miller is making like 1000 at 35lbs of boost..and most sleeves are made to handle 40-50lbs so it all depends on your set up...
Old 04-24-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by rippintec
good thanks for the info. anyone have any suggestions on turbo set ups and the other stuff. Im trying to find what to look for so when i order more stuff i will have a better idea of what to get
Well, that's going to be more on you, your goals, budget, and what your plan to do with the car. There is no silver bullet, or one size fits all, nor is anyone clairvoyant. So the more information that you give us (realistic, mind you, not "I wanna run 9s, and drive home every day" kind of thinking) the more we can help you.

To get you rolling, start looking on here through google about setups that interest you that you might want to to emulate within your budget. If you've never driven or ridden in a 300whp+ honda, don't ask to make 500 or 600whp, to "keep up with Supras". You won't know what you're getting into.

Start working, reading, learning, and searching. Many here help those, who help themselves. Remember, this is your car... not ours.

Cheap, reliable, fast.. pick two..
Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im just tryin to find set ups that other people have used and proven to be reliable and fast. price is important but i dont mind saving for certain things as long as when i get that product i get something that works well. im not really lookin to beat a certain car just have the most out of what i got but still keep it within reason so i wanted to find out peoples suggestions based on what i already have
Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 PM

Best to search around. don't worry about the suggestions so much. We all have opinions, but what you're forgetting is that most opinions are based upon what they would do if they had YOUR money. Not what you would do with YOUR car.

Trust me. The setups that you're looking for are here, you need to go ahead and start searching for them via google keyword Honda-tech, as the IB search engine has much to be desired. The thread will be locked if you don't because this information has been posted literally hundreds of times. Sorry to say that, but its the truth.

GL.. keep searching and rockin'
Old 05-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

as far as ur setup goes u should have no problem making 600+ depending on turbo.. i made 605 on c16 on stok sleeve gsr with Ls crank , eage rods, ross pistons stock bore .20 over..

im currently having another block built aebs sleeved, manley turbo tuff rods, cp pistons , ls crank.. Ill basically have the same setup but ditch the eagles get a better quality rod such as manley and cp pistons .. now thats just my opinion.. but this setup 700+ no problem with a built head of course.. Gl on ur build.. by the way i had the full race manifold tial 44mm and gt35r t3