Notices

Advice for my JRSC

Old 07-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for my JRSC

I just got a JRSC with a 9lb pulley. Anybody know if it is neccessary to get the Boost Timing Controller and MAP controller made by Jackson Racing? Some people say those are just gimicks.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:21 AM
New User

Default Re: Advice for my JRSC (Baby Blue Civic)

At 9 PSI the BTC and MAP mod are really required to make the JRSC run properly/safely. I would sooner spend that $$$ though on the Hondata S200B. Thats really the "right" way to do it because it changes the actual ECU as opposed to a bunch of band-aid hacks.

I should finally have my S200B installed and tuned by Steve Saki sometime early next week. I'll let the board know how it turns out

Mike
Old 07-22-2003, 06:11 AM

You've got to have some sort of fuel and timing management to run 9 psi. You have lots of options for fuel (VAFC, CARTECH, etc). You will need to use the BTC with these. There are also systems that control both the timing and fuel (Hondata, AEM EMS, ect). Search this forum and you will find all the info you need. The BTC and MAP controller are definitely not "gimmicks". What did the guys that told you this recommend? They work fine for lower boost, but you will want larger injectors to get the full power from your blower. If you do nothing then you will ahve some serious engine damage.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Advice for my JRSC (92sleepR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92sleepR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I would sooner spend that $$$ though on the Hondata S200B. Thats really the "right" way to do it because it changes the actual ECU as opposed to a bunch of band-aid hacks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hondata and some bigger injectors will keep you happy and healthy for a while!
Old 07-22-2003, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Advice for my JRSC (GITWIDIT)

Upgraded fuel pump, MSD BTM, VAFC, and a good tuner.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Advice for my JRSC (LemonSi)

my setup consists of an SMC+, DSM 450cc injectors, and a BTC. i also have a wideband o2 monitor so that i can tune it myself, but you could just take it to a dyno if you want to save some money. i love this setup considering it didnt cost much at all. the SMC was like $120, the injectors were $125 including cleaning/rebuilding, and the BTC was purchased used on this board for a great price (i dont remember how much though). i highly recommend this setup if you're not looking to spend as much money as hondata, etc.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Advice for my JRSC (LemonSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LemonSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Upgraded fuel pump, MSD BTM, VAFC, and a good tuner.</TD></TR></TABLE>

for the cost of those you can get the hondata s100 with boost and 440cc injectors and a pretuned basemap that should run it even better. Check the Hondata website for the prices.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Advice for my JRSC (Spunkster)

Thanx guys. I love it how people on honda-tech really know their stuff.

As for fuel and timing, I was planning on getting better Fuel Pump, Vortec FMU, MSD BTM, B&M fuel pressure reg., and quite possibly better Injectors. Maybe later on a V-AFC.

Do you think I should throw in a MAP controller also?

Hondata cost way too much right now. I have to wait for my money tree to grow lot more bills before I can even attempt that.

I just wanna make the SC run safely on my now stock motor.

Thanx people.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Baby Blue Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was planning on getting better Fuel Pump, Vortec FMU, MSD BTM, B&M fuel pressure reg., and quite possibly better Injectors. Maybe later on a V-AFC. </TD></TR></TABLE>

make sure you understand there's usually two ways to increase fueling for your setup:

1) high pressure fuel pump/FMU/aftermarket FPR/etc

2) larger injectors and some way to control them (vafc, SMC, etc)

#2 in my opinion is a much better route because it allows MUCH finer tuning in all rpm ranges and also probably costs less. its also easier to install. so basically if you go with #2, you wont want to get a higher flow fuel pump or anything else listed in #1. i hope this makes sense as i'm trying to break it all down for you.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you think I should throw in a MAP controller also? </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you go with #2, you will have NO need for the map controller since there wont be that tip-in lean-ness.

Old 07-23-2003, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Advice for my JRSC (keebler65)

All the stuff I mentioned you can probably get it used(cheaper price). But I would highly suggest a VAFC if your going to have someone tune your motor. Don't do what I did and went a second time. It was a waste when I could of have had my car tune right the first time with this unit. BTW Map controller is not needed.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Advice for my JRSC (keebler65)

Thanx guys.