Notices

Advice on ignition upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on ignition upgrade

I was thinkin of upgrade ignition, My local tuner advised me to go with the MSD 6A or the MSD SCI. He said since i have a T3 i spend more time in boost and dont need the MSD BTM6.

Anyone else have any opinions ? i dont wanna buy the same thing over and over or something useless
Old 06-26-2003, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Advice on ignition upgrade (Bspec18)

MSD Digital 6 plus with an HVC coil. 2 step retard, boost off the line, rev limiter which is better than most because it cuts off the spark and not the fuel, and retard during cold start. very nice for the buck.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:23 PM

the MSD Digital 6 sounds good with HVC coil. i dont think i need the 2 step retard, i already boost off the line.

Anyone else with opinions ?
Old 06-26-2003, 02:30 PM

**** all that get dis 4 its like running 8 different ignitions its the best and if u get really into running your car on a management system or something u this does it all u can run indavidal coil packs everything beleave me i know my **** im running a digital 7 and its dope as **** but now they came out with the dis 4 and its far better just some info for ya sure the dig 6 and even btm will work fine but i suggest the dis 4 good luck brother
Old 06-30-2003, 12:40 PM

what about ignition with nitrous? not to steal the thread, but retarding the timing under shot, possible or no....? stick with the ****..?
Old 06-30-2003, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (infinite)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by infinite &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** all that get dis 4 its like running 8 different ignitions its the best and if u get really into running your car on a management system or something u this does it all u can run indavidal coil packs everything beleave me i know my **** im running a digital 7 and its dope as **** but now they came out with the dis 4 and its far better just some info for ya sure the dig 6 and even btm will work fine but i suggest the dis 4 good luck brother</TD></TR></TABLE>

and that sounds like a great waste of money...stock ignition is good for 300+whp and his engine isn't built so he's not going much over that. And, btw, if you have to say "I know my ****", you probably don't.

Bspec, what the hell does the tuner mean that you don't need the btm because you are spending more time in boost?! To me that says that you would need it more. If you aren't going with a standalone (to control ignition timing) I would go with the 6btm. I had one until week before last and was very happy with it. I am reprogramming my ecu, so don't need it any longer and will probably get just a regular msd 6al.