Notices

? about clutchnet clutches

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about clutchnet clutches

Anyone in here running these? Considering the stage 2 because importparts is running a sale for it for 300 bucks. All opinions appreciated. Recommendations also welcome. Looking to spend 300 to 400 bucks
Old 10-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (98teg)

i'm running a clutch net sprung 6 puck disk with CM pressure plate. it's been working like a charm for me.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant complain about mine, i got a clutchnet 6 puc no spring clutch and a act pressure plate for 350
Old 10-30-2003, 10:19 PM
New User

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (tgh99si)

I got mine on a group buy a year and a half ago... Worked pretty well except for revving over 9k, I got a nice pedal to the floor action from centrifugal forces... Anything under 9k is fine though.

Once the car runs again, I'll see if it's still an issue.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:30 AM

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (SiR Kid)

Is there anything bad about the clutchnet pressure plate. I notice most of you guys run a pressure plate from a different company.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend had their disk on his VW and the springs fell out after 2000 miles and NO hard launchs or shifts. I coulden't belive it, the motor was just a build up NA 16v 2.0, Maybe 170tq tops. He drives like an old lady so it was very surprising.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friend had their disk on his VW and the springs fell out after 2000 miles and NO hard launchs or shifts. I coulden't belive it, the motor was just a build up NA 16v 2.0, Maybe 170tq tops. He drives like an old lady so it was very surprising.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That can happen to any clutch. Springs in my friends ACT fell out after a few thousand nice miles too.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:33 AM

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (HXMan)

I used my 6 puck sprung in my All motor set-up...Still has plenty of meat on the disk so im gonna re-use it in my turbo project. I liked it alot. This will be the third motor its been in with no problems and i gave it plenty of hell
Old 11-02-2003, 10:40 AM

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (SIReg9)

i have a clutchnet 6-puck sprung w/ the race pressure plate. the pedal is firm, but it holds real well. i have put the clutch though 14psi and now its in my N/A set up and works great, i got it from IMPORTPARTS.COM from BEN.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 6 puck sprung clutchnet stage 2 in my car and really don't like it. The pedal feel is firm at first, but then then halfway through the travel, the pedal drops to the floor. I'd personally wish it was firm all the way through. Also, the clutch chatters horribly, making 1st gear a game of clutch and gas feathering so I don't look like an idiot that can't drive stick. When engaging in low rpm, it makes that screeching sound, too, which can be annoying.

The only good things about this clutch is that it easily holds the 200 lb. of tq my LS puts down; i believe the stage 2 is rated for 300 lb. tq. It engages smoothly and predictably on high rpm launches, too, so it's fine for hard driving. Around town driving is much more of a chore than with the stock clutch now with the chatter and squeaking/screeching noises. I'm not sure though, some of these problems may have been an installation error. Any comments?
Old 11-02-2003, 12:33 PM

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (Teg4e)

It sounds like your describing an Un-Sprung disk. I had a Clutch masters 6 puck un-sprung and it sounds just like your description. But i dunno what the psoblem would be if you have a sprung...u sure its sprung?
Old 11-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (SIReg9)

yep, it was sprung.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have had quite a bit of experience with Clutchnet: Its basically a hit or miss with them. Mostly a miss

Most recent reason they suck: I put a New Clutchnet 4 puck sprung, Dual Dh PP, New Alum flywheel in a motor that I broke in with no hard launchs. Flywheel was ate to hell basically and disc down to the rivets almost. Clutchnet offered to fix it. I sent it to them, they said I drove it for 40,000-50,000 miles and didn't believ I never shifted or launched hard on it. Ok no prob, they offered to resurface the flywheel for me and put new pads on the disc, great! I paid shipping to them and they paid it on the way back.

Months go by, I pull it out of the box that was sitting in the garage, I install it on my new motor. Car starts up, goes in gear off but doesn't go in gear with the car on. I spend some more money to drop the tranny and install some stock clutch. Works great! I spent some money and went to a local clutch shop, they tested it and turns out that they shaved too much off the PP and the disc was too thick enough to let it disengage.

I call clutchnet and extremely upset that I spent $$$ installing it and then ripping it back out, and shipping. They said ship it to me and we will refund you about $350 (what I paid) for the clutch/pp. Flywheel could be used with another normal clutch so I kept that. I spend more $ shipping it to clutchnet again!! 3 weeks go by with no return calls from them as I called them many times. They need a receipt so I ended up coming up with some proof.

Not to mention numerous other peeps I know personally that had problems with there PP's

Long story=short: I got a check for $300 for a clutch/pp that cost me well over $1000 bewteen labor and shipping and purchasing it orignally! They were nice until they had to do something to fix there product!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teg4e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 6 puck sprung clutchnet stage 2 in my car and really don't like it. The pedal feel is firm at first, but then then halfway through the travel, the pedal drops to the floor. I'd personally wish it was firm all the way through. Also, the clutch chatters horribly, making 1st gear a game of clutch and gas feathering so I don't look like an idiot that can't drive stick. When engaging in low rpm, it makes that screeching sound, too, which can be annoying.

The only good things about this clutch is that it easily holds the 200 lb. of tq my LS puts down; i believe the stage 2 is rated for 300 lb. tq. It engages smoothly and predictably on high rpm launches, too, so it's fine for hard driving. Around town driving is much more of a chore than with the stock clutch now with the chatter and squeaking/screeching noises. I'm not sure though, some of these problems may have been an installation error. Any comments?</TD></TR></TABLE>

same here. gonna go act next time even if it has a heavier pedal feel.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:06 PM

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (SOUNDEFFECTS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOUNDEFFECTS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Most recent reason they suck: I put a New Clutchnet 4 puck sprung, Dual Dh PP, New Alum flywheel in a motor that I broke in with no hard launchs. Flywheel was ate to hell basically and disc down to the rivets almost. Clutchnet offered to fix it. I sent it to them, they said I drove it for 40,000-50,000 miles and didn't believ I never shifted or launched hard on it. Ok no prob, they offered to resurface the flywheel for me and put new pads on the disc, great! I paid shipping to them and they paid it on the way back.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have the smae problem.. clutchnet stage 1 and my toda flywheel was ate to hell after 40,000 miles!!! clutchnet =
Old 04-22-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: ? about clutchnet clutches (SOUNDEFFECTS)

i the same problem with my clutchnet except i never got my money back , clutchnet sucks