Notices

97 Prelude Base SS JRSC ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Prelude Base SS JRSC ?'s

I got a 1997 Prelude Base SS with 148k miles and i want to put a JRSC on it but i'm completely new to the supercharging game. And yes i did search just couldn't get any definitive answers to my questions. So here they go...

1. I'm told this is a complete bolt-on process. I'm fairly competent with tools and have access to a lift if required. Is this is a truly complete bolt-on process, or something close to it?

2. Yes, it is a SS auto. And yes i know they sucks but i will be getting a rebuilt one HONDA dealership with a 3 YR warrenty on it when it finnaly lets go. I kinda have to keep it an auto due to the fact my girlfriend drives the car as well. Will the JRSC kill the trans faster then normal? I drive fairly aggresive and she pretty much babies it.

3. Due to the fact it is an SS auto and i plan on keeping it that way, will the piggy-back that JR comes with work for a pretty much basic installation? I have no intentions of going beyond 6 PSI without tearing the block apart. It does have I/H/E so far. If it will not work, what is the next option? I do not want to replace the ecu.

4. Where is the best place these days that I can aqquire a complete JRSC? Considering it is a discontinued part now...

I believe that is all my questions for now. I'm saving up the money as we speak to get this thing done. I was gonna go turbo route but I heard way too many bad stories of blown motors without forged internals.

Thanks for your time guys. BTW, pics coming soon! And yes this is a second post. I wasn't sure where to post it.