Notices

4g63 setup.. what you all think (not a honda).

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4g63 setup.. what you all think (not a honda).

my old setup was a turbo crx, i liked it but im trying something new.. just curious what you all think!.

The car is a 90 talon tsi awd, its already got a few things done to it, a big 16g 3" turboback exhaust, 650cc injectors, 190lph walbro, adj fpr, maf translator and logger, fm setup and hard charge piping, turbo xs bov, and a mbc, as well as some killer suspention.

basically this is the way i bought it, it also has a jdm 4g63 6bolt 'cyclone' engine. Its so clean looking and the body is amazing shape for canada which is the main reason i bought a modified one.

Heres my plans for it.. SLS t3 undivided manifold with silversurfer turbo, 44mm tial wg, 50mm tial bov, 2.5" alum charge piping, 600hp precision ic, arp headstuds, mls headgasket stock block, aem ems with iat and map (ditch that maf), 1000cc injectors, act 2500 6puck sprung, act streetlite flywheel, 255 walbro, lm1 wb02, oil press/water temp/boost/egt. i may cam it and run a 2g im.

im hoping for 400-450awhp on 93 octane with this setup in the spring, as well as a high 11 sec and 120+ traps.

just curious what you all think of that setup and if theres anything else i should consider/change with the setup? im stockpiling tranny's and diffs.. hahah..
Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4g63 setup.. what you all think (not a honda). (HamiltonRex)

Going to need some head work and cams and goodies that go with it. and loose the cyclone intake and just get a stock one and match it to the head,

you can go with a more efficant turbo set up it not a honda they love boost pressure. water meth injection whon't hurt either.

also change the rear end to a 4bolt that amount of power mixed with traction will just destroy the 3 bolt as far as the tranny if money permits put a shep box in and you will have no more worries anymore
Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just learning the 4g63 from a friend that having his complete built (stroker) for his 1st gen. Are you staying with the 16g? If so.. you may cap the turbo out before hitting 450awhp.. at that point you will only make torque. Get the 4 bolt main.. you will break the 3 bolt.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (07CivicMD)

my friend says he has a 4bolt lsd from a vr4 galant i think? hes not very reliable and he tells me it will fit so i will have to see.

no im not staying with the 16g, did you read my post? you must of have missed the fact that i plan to run a silver surfer turbo.

also i am very likley going to run water injection, its on the top of my list as a look into thing.

the head will remain stock initally, and i will do some basic tuning myself, then i will upgrade the head, this stuff gets expensive fast and i want to have the car together at the very latest may 1st tuned etc.. its already plated and certified .
Old 01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Former Vendor

The precison IC end tanks really aren't setup well for a DSM as there's very limited room trying to run an IC pipe around the drivers side radiator support to clear the alternator. I'd look into a backdoor IC setup. I would also switch back to the stock intake manifold over the cyclone as well.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PSI2HI)

thanks! I did notice alot of people run backdoor IC on the intercoolers, my car currently has a FMIC the same size as the precision one i plan to install except its 1" taller, and only 3" thick and 1/2" shorter overall, but its a cheap ebay one and its tube and fin, but the charge pipes (2.25" only) were routed without a backdoor intercooler, but i know my new turbo/manifold setup will be different then stock w/16g.

I just ordered the precision, and dont plan on doing the hotside untill i have the new turbo/manifold, and weirtech is local to me (20min away) so if i need to i could modify the hotside endtank to fit it best.

The IC pipes i built on my CRX were a PITA, if this thing is worse i will be suprised! hahah. Seems like theres a bit more room under the bumper.

I will ditch the IM and run a stock one, thanks.

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (HamiltonRex)

nice wish list, but i wouldnt run a 2g mani with a 1g head. i had a fully built gsx, ran 10.7 at 135's. you wont see high 11s on pump.. their not light cars, their heavy boats
Old 01-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor

Default Re: (turbociv910)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociv910 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice wish list, but i wouldnt run a 2g mani with a 1g head. i had a fully built gsx, ran 10.7 at 135's. you wont see high 11s on pump.. their not light cars, their heavy boats</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can run 11's all day on pump w/ the right setup.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociv910 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice wish list, but i wouldnt run a 2g mani with a 1g head. i had a fully built gsx, ran 10.7 at 135's. you wont see high 11s on pump.. their not light cars, their heavy boats</TD></TR></TABLE>

wish list? Im a 12yr old shopping in the sears catalogue dude, the majority of the parts are ordered and paid for, not put on my credit card, i also have the space/tools/and skills to build this car, my personal garage at home also has a lift inside which helps ALOT, and congrats on running 10's, and i have seen mid/low 11's on pump from various cars at my local track, and i spoke with the owners, however i dont know anyone personally because i none of my friends are into dsm's all into honda's, like me also.

I was asking for opinions on my parts list, my goals are goals, they may or may not be met, i may have to use different fuel to meet the goals, its not a huge issue. Ok i shouldnt use a 2g manifold on a 1g head.. why not? Your post is useless and dosen't help me out or anyone else who reads this thread who wants to be informed about the subject.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

turbulance is my answer to why not to use 2g mani on 1g head.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociv910 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turbulance is my answer to why not to use 2g mani on 1g head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The fact that the ports don't align, the head overlaps, and it will leak are my reasons.
Get a 1g manifold. It's what's meant to be run on a 6 bolt head.

Like someone already said, the PTE core is going to be a pain in the ***. Backdoor isn't necessary, but the outlets need to at least be offset to the bottom of the end tanks.

You can go 11's ALL day on pump gas. My heavy *** 2G did 116mph on only 21psi with a smaller turbo and a "set it and forget it" S-AFC tune. The setup listed will put a 1g well over 120mph and make 450+whp without breaking a sweat. I'd definitely recommend the cams, but we've talked about that already.

Skip the water injection. The turbo is properly sized and you have a good intercooler, just call it day. You aren't gaining anything; you're just wasting money.

Modified by AWDstylez at 6:56 AM 1/27/2008
Old 01-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AWDstylez)

so i will just go to the junkyard and yank a manifold off a 1g, does it matter if its awd or fwd? as long as its turbo...??

We have lots of 1g's at our local jy's all the turbo's are gone and there generally in pretty rough shape but im sure the im is still perfectly fine. and they will probably only charge me 15-20 for it.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AWDstylez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The fact that the ports don't align, the head overlaps, and it will leak are my reasons.
Get a 1g head. It's what's meant to be run on a 6 bolt head.

Like someone already said, the PTE core is going to be a pain in the ***. Backdoor isn't necessary, but the outlets need to at least be offset to the bottom of the end tanks.

You can go 11's ALL day on pump gas. My heavy *** 2G did 116mph on only 21psi with a smaller turbo and a "set it and forget it" S-AFC tune. The setup listed will put a 1g well over 120mph and make 450+whp without breaking a sweat. I'd definitely recommend the cams, but we've talked about that already.

Skip the water injection. The turbo is properly sized and you have a good intercooler, just call it day. You aren't gaining anything; you're just wasting money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you think I can do on a T3-20g ? I want 450whp in a 92 TSI awd .

Old 01-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

you can use . the NA intake manifold .. it has less restriction
turbo intake
Old 01-27-2008, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

MidShip, from what i have seen of others setups, you will beable to make the 450hp you desire, as long as the rest of the setup is up to par, and you will be pushing the turbo, i also know you didnt ask me eaither, so ill wait for awdstylez to reply.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:35 AM
TTT

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a 20G with a 10cm turbine housing on it. IT is the same as a T3 inlet.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i will just go to the junkyard and yank a manifold off a 1g, does it matter if its awd or fwd? as long as its turbo...??

We have lots of 1g's at our local jy's all the turbo's are gone and there generally in pretty rough shape but im sure the im is still perfectly fine. and they will probably only charge me 15-20 for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

AWD or FWD doesn't matter. Just get the one that says ECI MULTI on the top and you're good.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
MidShip, from what i have seen of others setups, you will beable to make the 450hp you desire, as long as the rest of the setup is up to par, and you will be pushing the turbo, i also know you didnt ask me eaither, so ill wait for awdstylez to reply. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's basically it. It should do it, but that's also the upper reach of that turbo's range. It's also not the most efficient turbo around, but it gets the job done.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In that case I could have a 60-1 wheel bored out to fit on the TD06 turbo shaft.

Theres is a .13mm difference in the bore.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In that case I could have a 60-1 wheel bored out to fit on the TD06 turbo shaft.

Theres is a .13mm difference in the bore.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Think about this first: was the 60-1 wheel designed be to put in a bored out TD06 compressor housing? Don't hack. Improper wheel/housing combinations can have a substantial effect on efficiency. If you want a 60-1, sell the 20g (DSMtards will gooble that thing up for stupid money) and buy one.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your not lying^

i sold my 20g with 15k miles on it for 600 shipped
Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbociv910 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your not lying^

i sold my 20g with 15k miles on it for 600 shipped</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn I'll try to get 450whp on race gas before I sell it .
Old 01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

look in to http://www.magnusmotorsports.com they got everything for talons
Old 01-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16A1-EF9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16A1-EF9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">look in to http://www.magnusmotorsports.com they got everything for talons</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm using their pistons & rods for 2.1L 4g64
Old 02-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your setup is more than enough to get the power you want. The AEM EMS and the 1000cc injectors both are overkill along with the WG, but if you have the budget for them and plan to go big in the future they'll work wonders for you.

I'll be selling my 62-1, my 3582r and my AMS 37r pretty soon so keep an eye out if you want to expand. All 3 turbos have FULL setups too including manifolds, oil lines, o2 housings/DPs and WGs.

I'm looking for some expansion:

Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (C9A1L1L)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by C9A1L1L &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your setup is more than enough to get the power you want. The AEM EMS and the 1000cc injectors both are overkill along with the WG, but if you have the budget for them and plan to go big in the future they'll work wonders for you.

I'll be selling my 62-1, my 3582r and my AMS 37r pretty soon so keep an eye out if you want to expand. All 3 turbos have FULL setups too including manifolds, oil lines, o2 housings/DPs and WGs.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do all of these use DSM inlets ?

Any of them ball bearing ?

Quick Reply: 4g63 setup.. what you all think (not a honda).