35 shot Nitrous on stock internals

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35 shot Nitrous on stock internals

Okay ive searched so dont flame
MANY QUESTIONS

The reason I ask is because everyone seems to be running 50-65 shots. I dont want to even go that crazy, i just want a 35 shot. I was wondering if there is anything that needs to be done with a 35 shot? Im guessing I probobly dont need to retard the timing; but will I still need to get colder plugs and some sort of basic fuel mangement? I realize the wet is safer, but what I'm wondering is by how much?

Also, What do I need to look for in a nitrous kit? Im gonna buy one used and I dont know what everything is. Meaning people say it comes with "everything" - but i dont know what should be in those kits

Jets - what are jets? I searched but i couldnt find anything. Could someone tell me please?

Also, Do different kits come with different parts? I was looking around and noticed that the NX kits say they come with a nitrous filter but the other kits dont list it - is that only on NX kits?

Also, haha yes theres a lot of questions - Is it hard to adjust the spray? If I bought a used kit that sprays 50 is it much harder of expensive to change it to a 35 shot?

Okay thanks for dealing, and yes ill keep searching so no need to state it if u think it can be found in the archives.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 35 shot Nitrous on stock internals (variablevalve)

yes..... a 35 shot of s
pray will work on any motor with stock internal. I perfer nx because they jet it for WHP not motor.. the jets control the amount of fuel and nitrous the enter the engine. a single nozzle kit would be best. they'r good up to a 75 shot. the timing will be ok stock but i would recommend colder spark plugs to be on the safe side.
hope this helps...
Old 06-10-2004, 07:02 AM

First off, I am FAR from a nitrous expert, but I'll answer the questions I can....
1: You should be fine with a 35 shot. I see a lot of people claim to run 50 and even 75 shots on stock cars with no problems, so 35 should be even less of a strain.
2: Everything would generally mean: a bottle, the plumbing to add nitrous to the airflow and (with a wet system) the plumbing to and parts to add fuel.
3: Jets are the actual nozzels that squirt the nitrous into the airstream. The allow varying amounts of nitrous into the system. For example a lot of systems have jets for 50hp, 75hp etc.
4: Yes different kits come with different parts. The better kits will also generally have the better fuel enrichment solutions.
5: As to adjusting the "spay" refer to the jets. Find out which ones are included with the kit you get.

Remember that ANY nitrous kit can cause you problems. Wet systems are safer, but depending on how they are setup, especially if the fuel jet is before the manifold, I've still heard of running a cylinder or two lean as most current manifolds are designed to carry air, and not fuel.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:08 AM

I have sprayed a lot of nitrous and I have used a zex dry kit on my sohc vtec and a nx wet on my b16. I would say definatly go wet kit. Much safer. Also I recommend NX as well, seemed to make more power then my older zex. You can go 35 shot but seriously, you will not be happy with it. I ran 75 shot on both my motors and never had any problems. The motor can take more than you think. If you go wet a higher shot is much safer because of fuel enrichment. As far as any fuel control at least have a fuel pressure regulator. Retard your timing a couple degrees (just turn your distributor) if you go with a higher shot though (and trust me you will) I dont know why nitrous got such a bad name, if you do it right it is 100 percent safe and you will not blow your motor.