Notices

2016 mods and plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts
Default 2016 mods and plans

i thought it would be nice if some of us with current builds to express their plans for 2016.

i myself would really like my car repainted. but due to the cost that prolly wont happen.
mods-
megapower rr exhaust
23" slicks
go pro setup

plans-
put more than 2k miles a year on the car
take it to the track
Old 11-14-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: 2016 mods and plans

Nice.. I'll bite.. You know, since I have "no build thread" (*nyuk,nyuk,nyuk*)..

For 2016-2017: Since I'm in no hurry...

Engine

- New Engine harness to incorporate all OEM functions with Haltech Elite 1500
- Hone block, reinstall copper-wire, install Pauter X-beam rods / Wiseco Pistons 10.8:1 84x89
- Install new HajoshFAB Exhaust manifold, Full sized radiator with twin SPAL 12mm 2000cfm fans
- Install new LS1 coil pack ignition system
- Replace / repair all hoses, supplemental wiring engine bay clean up
- Install Canton Race Oil Pan
- TR3030R Mark IV Prototype but also switch to Interceptor R Mark III Prototype
- Re-install cylinder head with current components.

Transmission

-TRE cryo-treated and refurbish transmission components
-TRE resurfaced Cusco 1.5 way Clutch packs
-Retain current clutch/flywheel/ gear ratio combination
-Replace all clutch/brake hydraulic lines with custom soft lines
-Install Aquamist HR3 meth/water system w/ anti-slosh foam filled 1-gallon tank
-Retain current intercooler & water sprayer kit.

Electronics

-Install new GReddy Profec boost controller
-Install AIM Pack display

Interior
-Replace carpeting / replace door panel skin inserts
-Install custom Road race cage with front end gussets
-Replace passenger seat
-Recloth OEM rear seats with RECARO Alcantara (sp?) tweed as SRD seats

Brakes
-Install 12.4" JCW sized DBA Rotors fitted with STC -Wilwood Brake Calipers (7816) Front, and 10.9" Fastbrakes rear upgrade kit
-Motul RBF 600 Brake fluid

Aero
-Paint and install quick release system for Mugen replica track Bumper cover
-Install JDM OEM Integra custom air intake headlight.
-Install Special Projects custom front lip splitter to Mugen Replica bumper cover
-Create /install flat underfloor panel
-(Hopefully) Paint and fit Special Projects custom APR 320mm wing on swappable rear hatch

Suspension
-Fit TEIN EDFC on current Circuit Master Suspension
-Replace current camber/toe alignment equipment
-Purchase and install Special Projects 4-point chassis lift kit
-Corner weight

I've started on a few things like replace all the bushings with hardened rubber, and picking up small items here and there, have about 70% of all components to start work spring of 2016.

Last edited by TheShodan; 11-14-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I was considering on mine; gut the car and do an all motor D12B1 swap. Put a nice Holley Carburetor on it, 3 in cast iron or copper exhaust, arp rod bolts, arp head studs, arp oil pan bolts, arp lugnuts to prevent the wheels from falling off, straightpipe, twin loop exhaust, obx racing billet cams stage 3 on the stock valve-train, titanium header, run a thin head gasket to boost the compression ratio, and make a four intake arms consisting of 5 turbonators and put a velocity stack on the end of each of them and connect them to the carburetor openings and cutout your hood so the stacks will be in the open air. The key of this setup is the velocity increase from the stack plus the suction and the boost from the turbonators. Machine some b16b pistons to fit also.

In all seriousness though I'm considering some motor work next year, perhaps a b16 b20v conversion. Also will look into a gsr or b16 trans perhaps, may look into the luxuries of carbon synchros, lsd/welded diff, and messing with final drives.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from i read in the drag section a few years ago it was oem or bust on the syncro. although, no experience on them. steered away after that
Old 11-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Nice.. I'll bite.. You know, since I have "no build thread" (*nyuk,nyuk,nyuk*)..
no pun intended by the current build statement. i just remember current builds.

rip hatchy lol
Old 11-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

-Finish off suspension with a traction bar, ST front sway bar and energy suspension master bushing kit.
-Buy a full manual F20B swap, mostly for the T2T4 trans. F20B will be kept as spare and get the CSS treatment & a rod/piston combo for when H23A inevitably explodes.
-Fix rust. Possibly paint.
-Different wheels that allow me to run a wider, stickier tire without rubbing so much.
-New clutch.
-Some new seats that keep me where I'm supposed to be when going through twisties at many speeds.

That's about it. I don't have a build thread on here but I figured I would chime in. Feel like I'm one of the few H/F boosted Accord guys around here anymore. Maybe I'll find this post this time next year and can see how much I actually get accomplished.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ls joker
from i read in the drag section a few years ago it was oem or bust on the syncro. although, no experience on them. steered away after that
I don't drag, and every single person who've I've seen with them said they were great...
But who knows kinda pricey with the other stuff :p
Old 11-14-2015, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For 2016-2017: Since I'm in no hurry...

Engine

- New Engine harness to incorporate all OEM functions with Haltech Elite 1500
- Hone block, reinstall copper-wire, install Pauter X-beam rods / Wiseco Pistons 10.8:1 84x89
- Install new HajoshFAB Exhaust manifold, Full sized radiator with twin SPAL 12mm 2000cfm fans
- Install new LS1 coil pack ignition system
- Replace / repair all hoses, supplemental wiring engine bay clean up
- Install Canton Race Oil Pan
- TR3030R Mark IV Prototype but also switch to Interceptor R Mark III Prototype
- Re-install cylinder head with current components.

Transmission

-TRE cryo-treated and refurbish transmission components
-TRE resurfaced Cusco 1.5 way Clutch packs
-Retain current clutch/flywheel/ gear ratio combination
-Replace all clutch/brake hydraulic lines with custom soft lines
-Install Aquamist HR3 meth/water system w/ anti-slosh foam filled 1-gallon tank
-Retain current intercooler & water sprayer kit.

Electronics

-Install new GReddy Profec boost controller
-Install AIM Pack display

Interior
-Replace carpeting / replace door panel skin inserts
-Install custom Road race cage with front end gussets
-Replace passenger seat
-Recloth OEM rear seats with RECARO Alcantara (sp?) tweed as SRD seats

Brakes
-Install 12.4" JCW sized DBA Rotors fitted with STC -Wilwood Brake Calipers (7816) Front, and 10.9" Fastbrakes rear upgrade kit
-Motul RBF 600 Brake fluid

Aero
-Paint and install quick release system for Mugen replica track Bumper cover
-Install JDM OEM Integra custom air intake headlight.
-Install Special Projects custom front lip splitter to Mugen Replica bumper cover
-Create /install flat underfloor panel
-(Hopefully) Paint and fit Special Projects custom APR 320mm wing on swappable rear hatch

Suspension
-Fit TEIN EDFC on current Circuit Master Suspension
-Replace current camber/toe alignment equipment
-Purchase and install Special Projects 4-point chassis lift kit
-Corner weight

I've started on a few things like replace all the bushings with hardened rubber, and picking up small items here and there, have about 70% of all components to start work spring of 2016.
you had me at new engine harness. thats been on my to-do list for 2 years

Last edited by ls joker; 11-15-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aradin
-Finish off suspension with a traction bar, ST front sway bar and energy suspension master bushing kit.
-Buy a full manual F20B swap, mostly for the T2T4 trans. F20B will be kept as spare and get the CSS treatment & a rod/piston combo for when H23A inevitably explodes.
-Fix rust. Possibly paint.
-Different wheels that allow me to run a wider, stickier tire without rubbing so much.
-New clutch.
-Some new seats that keep me where I'm supposed to be when going through twisties at many speeds.

That's about it. I don't have a build thread on here but I figured I would chime in. Feel like I'm one of the few H/F boosted Accord guys around here anymore. Maybe I'll find this post this time next year and can see how much I actually get accomplished.
maybe ill find this post this time next next year and actually see how much i actually accomplished, is what im trying to related to by summer
Old 11-14-2015, 08:29 PM

you had me at new engine harness. thats been on my to-do list for a year2
mine has been hacked up and put back together since 1998. So, yes, it's time. The cool part is that with today's resources, it won't be that hard to get another one.. just have to make sure that the inputs and sensors match up and has Haltech plugs.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rywire, wireworx, or you plan on makin your own. if i have to unplug my harness or a plug, its a 50/50 chance the harness will do some voodoo ****. like the engine shjfts are pulling the pins out of the plugs
Old 11-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

I think that just happens as we swap engines and stuff over the years. My harness is also beat. It was originally an auto harness so it's had a bunch of stuff cut/removed from it, plugs have broken off it it because they got brittle, it's been modified for an H series setup, etc. I really need a new one as well. It'll happen eventually I'm sure.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:46 PM

rywire, wireworx, or you plan on makin your own. if i have to unplug my harness or a plug, its a 50/50 chance the harness will do some voodoo ****. like the engine shjfts are pulling the pins out of the plugs
I have no choice but to do a good custom. Either Rywire, Boomslang or my good colleague J. Levy.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:41 AM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to run carbon syncros in my old D series trans. Didn't notice much of a difference Granted, they were in a DX transmission, so it's not like the transmission was jumping through any performance hoops in the first place. The "old" carbon synchros that people avoided were just carbon lined. New ones are actually bonded in some way. I don't know all the details behind it.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
I used to run carbon syncros in my old D series trans. Didn't notice much of a difference Granted, they were in a DX transmission, so it's not like the transmission was jumping through any performance hoops in the first place. The "old" carbon synchros that people avoided were just carbon lined. New ones are actually bonded in some way. I don't know all the details behind it.
kool. were the new ones like a years later reworked design.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have no choice but to do a good custom. Either Rywire, Boomslang or my good colleague J. Levy.
dang i didnt know boomslang makes engine harness. i was looking at rywires setup earlier this year. 500 seemed fair. although now i would have to have cpr plugs and ground added. have heard or read anything bout warrantys on any of these harness. like a year or so if unmodified
Old 11-15-2015, 06:12 AM

dang i didnt know boomslang makes engine harness. i was looking at rywires setup earlier this year. 500 seemed fair. although now i would have to have cpr plugs and ground added. have heard or read anything bout warrantys on any of these harness. like a year or so if unmodified
To me, that's the beauty of the LS1 setup. Californiadad had the right idea. Just the very small plug clips for the ignition harness. Everything else is self contained. No muss. No fuss.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:36 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Did someone say #NoBuildThread??? LOL!!!

My plan is to have the new clutch and flywheel in around Thanksgiving so I can blow up the engine some time this winter to force me to finish building my sleeved motor for next summer... yeah, sounds about right.

I have carbon synchros in quite a few transmissions, it helps with quick shifting. The old synchro mess has been all sorted out, they are good to go now.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:49 AM

I have a build thread, and it's one hell of a build thread, too...but apparently my opinion doesn't matter either, because my build, based entirely around eventually installing a turbo, does not currently have a turbo on it

CRV, if you need a D series clutch/flywheel, I still have my old one from when I had that motor boosted It's a great bit of hardware, I'm just having a hell of a time selling it. No one understands the concept of expensive, barely used hardware with a shitload of meat still on it.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Winter plans:
-get a trailer for next season
-slicks and rims (already bought the slicks)
-cage
-replace all bushings with Hard Race bushings
Old 11-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
I have a build thread, and it's one hell of a build thread, too...but apparently my opinion doesn't matter either, because my build, based entirely around eventually installing a turbo, does not currently have a turbo on it

CRV, if you need a D series clutch/flywheel, I still have my old one from when I had that motor boosted It's a great bit of hardware, I'm just having a hell of a time selling it. No one understands the concept of expensive, barely used hardware with a shitload of meat still on it.
*ad reads*
'barely used NEW CLUTCH, 15$ discount!!!!!!! BARELY USED!!!'
jk lol

Nobody's going to fork over much cash for a used clutch imo. Last time I checked your build thread it was like 'look i built an engine inside lol'
I guess I got kinda lucky though since I don't have a credit card haha

So the carbon synchros are a gogo? Awesome. I wonder if turbohatchy broke the rules like me and is still lurking around here, I'm assuming he'll be back by the end of the month.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:30 PM

It's a Fidanza ultralight, Competition Clutch 1620, and ARP hardware. The clutch by itself MSRP's at something like $450, and I've only been asking $300 shipped for the whole package together. I've had ONE offer from someone wanting me to split it and just sell him the disc. Told him I'd sell him the disc for $300, and he'd get a free pressure plate, flywheel, and shipping with it.

My build thread is a lot more in depth than that, though. Nearly everything I've done has been done in a DIY/how-to format, so future members can use it as a how-to for a complete engine rebuild. I even have proper torque specs and all sorts of other fun **** in there, too. When I get all of my boost parts, I'll be doing a step by step how-to for that, as well. Problems that I've run into, I've posted DIY diagnostic steps for people who might search for similar problems in the future. I even have a write-up for converting manual to power windows in the rafters as well, I just haven't posted it yet. Basically, the whole thread is "How to make your car suck a little less."

The new style of carbon synchros, I see no reason not to us them.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:32 PM

****, someone locally is selling an LS JRSC for $350, only missing the belt. I just got paid. I could do it.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:37 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the offer NotARacist, but it was a B-series one I smoked. It's a freaking nightmare to pull my trans due to my sidewinder turbo setup. Have to pull everything just to pull transmission... so I am putting it off until I have a few days to do it.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:40 PM

Yeah man, I figured you were B series. Only dummies and broke people still use D series engines

I think I'm gonna buy this JRSC. "The supercharger and throttle body and pulleys no belt tho" according to the guy. As much as I talk **** about superchargers...**** it, I already have the turbo manifold, I'll just twin charge For $350 though, there HAS to be a catch.

Quick Reply: 2016 mods and plans