Notices

2001 GS-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 GS-R

Hello guys, i have a 2001 integra gsr stock and i wanna make it faster and stronger like a lot of people, anyways like i been reading and serching i was thinkin either supercharger or turbocharger, and i decide go with the turbo but here are my questions.... i need to change a lot things in my engine? or i can leave stock and just change injectors,biger fuel pupm,better clutch,fuel rail,intake manifold or i can use the stock intake manifold cause people said i can use it but i wanna know your opinion cause they say that gsr are really good for the power and hp that im loking for(im loking for 250 to 300 hp) im really hoping you guys can give me good answers and that you can help me,
thank you all.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: 2001 GS-R

Welp.. that is a common goal here on this forum. You definately need to use those FAQs at the top of the forum and take a gander. There are a lot of factual actuals that address all of those questions. If not, give me a PM, let's see what we can do.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Welp.. that is a common goal here on this forum. You definately need to use those FAQs at the top of the forum and take a gander. There are a lot of factual actuals that address all of those questions. If not, give me a PM, let's see what we can do.
listen to this man he is VERY knowledgeable and is VERY good at what he does ;-)
Old 09-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I try to look fo that but i didnt undestand very well,and i didnt find what i was looking for so i still need help and i will appreciete if you guys will still help me out with my turbo,and what i need to replace or just to leave it stock.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DIESEL5
Hello guys, i have a 2001 integra gsr stock and i wanna make it faster and stronger like a lot of people, anyways like i been reading and serching i was thinkin either supercharger or turbocharger, and i decide go with the turbo but here are my questions.... i need to change a lot things in my engine? or i can leave stock and just change injectors,biger fuel pupm,better clutch,fuel rail,intake manifold or i can use the stock intake manifold cause people said i can use it but i wanna know your opinion cause they say that gsr are really good for the power and hp that im loking for(im loking for 250 to 300 hp) im really hoping you guys can give me good answers and that you can help me,
thank you all.
there are soooooo much posting done by dudes with turbo gsr with stock motors just need to search

KEYWORD:search
Old 09-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you for your replies,but because im new in this forums i dodnt really know where to look or how to find those post that you guys want me to look for, hope you guys can help me with that info.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Here you go:

https://honda-tech.com/search.php?searchid=4385798

Some good ones from that search result (I only looked at page 1)

**Some good search advise. Look at ALL The threads that even remotely relate to your search.. check each post. A lot of the time you will find a user in there with a "build thread" linked in his signature so you can see what they had to do to get to where you want to be)

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...&highlight=gsr

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...&highlight=gsr

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...tock+gsr+block

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...tock+gsr+block

Read Read Read.

Until you understand it I would recomend not spending a DIME.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 AM

read carefully... Unfortunately, this forum doesn't cater too much to spoon-fed information to people, this place is chalk full of goodies, but you have to look for them, even through google, which will point you right back here. You'll learn that quickly.

A few things to get you started.

This is right from the FAQs sticky above.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/%2A%2A%2Aforced-induction-forum-faq%2A%2A%2A-1024174/

Just from typing 300whp GS-R Turbo gets you here
http://www.google.com/search?q=300wh...ient=firefox-a

Again, you need to start reading a bit before you just get spoon fed. Though the science to get 300whp has been done time and time again, even with turbochargers, people tend to have different approaches and methodologies (as you see in the first link) in terms of size and use. You have to ask yourself a series of questions.

-What is the purpose of the car? - daily driver? Street/strip? Road race/street? Drag only? -- KNOWING THIS IS PARAMOUNT. Even if you plan to upgrade, you need to know the purpose of this car from the beginning. Otherwise, you could easily be purchasing parts more than once.

-What is my budget to spend on a setup? Am I willing to put in what is needed to make it work correctly?

-What engine management will I tune with? Is it supported by my tuner in my area (as close as I can get..) -- Go with what your tuner recommends. If you don't know one, check your area online to find the better ones. There is also a list of tuner sites here to help you in the right direction.

-What is the health of my engine? - Yes, 300whp can easily be made on a stock engine without the need of lower headgaskets, aftermarket pistons / rods, but the engine needs to be compression and leakdown tested and in good mechanical order before partaking in such a venture.

-Do I want to retain A/C or power steering? This will determine the type of manifold and kit that you purchase. this also determines the type of exhaust housing you purchase. Though 4 bolt T31 style housings are easiest to use and swap in case you upgrade.

-Will I be installing this myself? Am I slightly mechanically inclined? Will another person be installing w/ me, or am I going to a professional? --- If this is your first time doing ANYTHING of this sort, and this is your ONLY MODE OF TRANSPORTATION.. take the time go to the professionals.

-Is a Kit best for me, or should I piece it together? ---In your case, a good complete kit is best, as long as it is from a reputable company. This way you have all of the smaller components and parts needed to install, and there would be no need to make trips to tractor supply stores, home depot, or plumber supplies. The turbo, injectors and management can be from other reliable sources. Budget about $3500 for a good complete kit on average.

-What about emissions / SMOG? Do I need to worry about that? that's up to you, as most of the better, higher hp kits that have 300whp available vent a lot of things into the atmosphere, (BOVs, wastegates, etc..) You need to check with your area laws to find out what it takes to drive the car, if the kit is not 50 state legal. Sometimes visual inspections may be required of the inspectors, FYI.

-Do I need to lower compression on the car? Typically, no, as the GS-R is perfectly fine at that compression. There is no need for headstuds, lower Compression headgaskets or other shortcuts just to lower the compression. As long as your tuner knows what they're doing and you using over 93octane gas, you'll be more than happy.

-do I need a better clutch than factory? Typically, yes, since you're going to be increasing torque by over 60% when adding a turbocharger.. Think about the purpose of the car again, when deciding on what's best for you.. stick to that plan.

-What about injectors? some have the "bigger is always better" approach. this can work, but depending upon the tuner, that also may mean more dyno time (more $$$) to smooth out imperfections for good drivability if the injectors are too big. 660cc or higher typically work. Keep it simple w/ rochester/lucas (RC w/ the exception of the SLH-750), Precision (Rochester / Lucas -- or Siemen Deka) or Delphi injectors, with the o-rings fitted to work w/ your fuel rail (which can stay stock).

-Fuel Pump? Oh yeah... definately. keep it simple, and use A walboro 255lph 342 high volume pump kit. It bolts right in.

That's as much as I'm going into it.. the rest is up to you.. PM me with other questions, but make sure that when you ask, you've researched some possibilities first.

The more honest you are with yourself in answering these questions, the happier you'll be in the end..
Old 09-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I been serching more about what I want and I already have the guys that's are gonna do my engine and turbo, but thank you all for the help, I have some little question but how can I PM people?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:22 PM

Left click under the person's name, and chose "send a private message". good to go.