Notices

2.5" to 3" flared DP at turbo....??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2.5" to 3" flared DP at turbo....??

so i have a A/C compatible turbo manifold and the usual t3/t04e turbo with 4 bolt discharge.

with everything bolted up and the A/C compressor installed there is only at the most 3.5" of clearance from the turbo to the A/C compressor which leads me to believe there cant possibly be enough space for a nice 3" DP without making up some fugged up bends at the turbo.....

i noticed some guys would run a 2.5" right off the turbo and then flare it out to 3" right after it clears the A/C compressor.

is there any noticeable difference in power by doing this? obviously a full 3" DP would be optimal but am i really gonna be loosing out on some big power going from 2.5-3". the opening at the turbo flange is actually a little less than 2.5" so i would think there isn't that much of a power loss?

anyone else have any experience with this?

p.s. no i wont remove my A/C
Old 12-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2.5" to 3" flared DP at turbo....?? (non-VTEC)

bump,,, curious to know as well.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2.5" to 3" flared DP at turbo....?? (non-VTEC)

yea your better off doing 2.5" first and right after the compressor flare it out to 3" Power loss if any will be minimal and you still get to keep your AC.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by non-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i have a A/C compatible turbo manifold and the usual t3/t04e turbo with 4 bolt discharge.

with everything bolted up and the A/C compressor installed there is only at the most 3.5" of clearance from the turbo to the A/C compressor which leads me to believe there cant possibly be enough space for a nice 3" DP without making up some fugged up bends at the turbo.....

i noticed some guys would run a 2.5" right off the turbo and then flare it out to 3" right after it clears the A/C compressor.

is there any noticeable difference in power by doing this? obviously a full 3" DP would be optimal but am i really gonna be loosing out on some big power going from 2.5-3". the opening at the turbo flange is actually a little less than 2.5" so i would think there isn't that much of a power loss?

anyone else have any experience with this?

p.s. no i wont remove my A/C </TD></TR></TABLE>