Notices

*NEGITIVE BOOST PRESSURE w/ GReddy e-01*(?) is this normal<<<im nOob srry

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *NEGITIVE BOOST PRESSURE w/ GReddy e-01*(?) is this normal<<<im nOob srry

thx for all the help

Originally Posted by scho01sux
i dont understand how you know how to build a motor for a turbo set up, but not understand how a turbo works.also, why did you pick the t3/t4? also how did you tune your 11 sec all motor car before? even without a turbo with times like that some kind of tuning should be required. im a little suprised too that you knew how to connect all the oil lines and all that, but didnt understand the piping concept. usually thats one of the first "newb" things people learn because of the BOV sound. im not trying to make fun of you or anyhting because we all need to learn somewhere, but i just cant see myself spending any money on anything i dont understand, let alone a built and boosted engine

well these are some easy questions... i guess we could start from the top...

i dont understand how you know how to build a motor for a turbo set up, but not understand how a turbo works.
simple....lack of study...prior to me taking on the task of building the turbo motor i wasnt going to go turbo at all... the B20 was going to be built for all motor...i changed my mind right before the pistons and rods were going to be assembled into the block... and during the same day purchased the lower compression pistons to prep for turbo (keep in mind..which i knew NOTHING ABOUT)...i dont even really like turbo cars, im a all motor kinna guy, but i figgured the experence would teach me well...everything was built over a period of "3 DAYS" so that gave me 72 hours to figure out exactly WHAT I NEEDED...but not to learn EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS...
next question sir...
why did you pick the t3/t4?
another simple one...small turbos give boost more quickly and at lower engine speeds such as off the line and all, but may not be able to provide much boost at higher engine speeds...A bigger turbo can give lots of needed boost at high engine speeds...and i knew my biggest issue with this motor (Vtec B20b)would be to get it to hook...eather all motor or turbo it was gonna be an issue....i had a T3 but then decided it was going to be too much EARLY POWER that wouldn't help much causing my wheels to over spin keeping me on the line because of the high torque output from the bottom end. so i went with the larger turbo for the turbo lag it can provide giving me enough time to compensate when butterflying the throttle....next

how did you tune your 11 sec all motor car before? even without a turbo with times like that some kind of tuning should be required.
tuning was required, yes...but dude im a Loan Officer which honestly doesn't give me much time to put in to learning the process correctly...i would drop the car off at a&a in the valley and Sonny would take care of everything i needed to get done...which i should have done the same with this one...but i wanted the chance to say that i did it myself as a self acchived project, may i add im not doing too well at obviously from the way these guys are kickin my ***... next question please...
im a little suprised too that you knew how to connect all the oil lines and all that, but didnt understand the piping concept. usually thats one of the first "newb" things people learn because of the BOV sound.
lucky for me the ENGINE BUILDER knew about the oil lines...i would not have known where to plug them and such which in turn would have just fryed the turbo like more of a dumb ***...and i wasnt too worried about the BOV since the motor wasnt even started on the break in process...

. im not trying to make fun of you or anyhting because we all need to learn somewhere, but i just cant see myself spending any money on anything i dont understand, let alone a built and boosted engine.
the things ppl do when they have the money to burn...like i said about my job...i work PURELY off commission...when i get paid...its in VERY NICE SUMS of money...
so if i would have blown something up...its not really an issue and would have turned around and bought another one & i wouldnt have valued it as much as someone who might have had to save for lets say 2 or 3 months straight just to get the turbo alone...not assuming that i make more money then anyone here...cause honestly i really dont care weather i do or not...
i just want to stress to everyone that reads this SUPER NoOB thread that this is exactly what it is...ive been ATTEMPTING to learn about turbocharged motors over a period of 1 week and 4 days now fighting a very busy and demanding scheduel that doesn't give me much room to breathe...but un-fortunately i havent been doing a very good job...if there are more questions i will be glad to answer them...but as for all these ******** acting like they knew about a turbo since 2nd grade and it just ALWAYS made sence to them... sorry brah...but im not as smart as you.

Modified by gsr_b20x2 at 7:02 PM 8/13/2005
Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: *NEGITIVE BOOST PRESSURE w/ GReddy e-01*(?) is this normal<<<im nOob srry (gsr_b20x2)

u wont see boost until ur boost kicks in....

i see that u got a t3/t4, what trim? well anyways my guess is that u wont even see any boost until 3,300 rpm, and u probalby get full boost around 5,800 rpm.

never used one of those greddy e-01 thingys so can't tell u for sure.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:00 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: *NEGITIVE BOOST PRESSURE w/ GReddy e-01*(?) is this normal<<<im nOob srry (playboyace35

what your reading is -in.hg that is your vacuum, you wont go up to 0 untull your about to start boosting , then it will ready positive in boost.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: *NEGITIVE BOOST PRESSURE w/ GReddy e-01*(?) is this normal<<<im nOob srry (playboyace35

Check all your intercooler pipes, probably popped one off at a coupler.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you serious? What is the outlet of the turbo connected to? If it doesn't connect to the throttle body at some point then you won't make boost in the intake manifold.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:47 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr_b20x2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm...wel none of this is really making any sence...even when im up around 4,000-5,000 rpm's...there is still no kick in...what should i be expecting...?this doesnt feel normal what so ever...i understand turbo lag and all...but what dosent make sence is no boost at all...i mean what so ever ...zip...zilch...nada...nothing...i have a rough idle on my car currently (jumps between 1k-2k) so i think i have some vacum lines that are not connected....could this be an issue...and let me mention...i have no intercooler kit connected as of yet...(nothing to the turbo / or to the throttle body) but i dont think this would stop the turbo from performing, it should only affect the performance correct? or can no pipes cause me to not see any boost at all?...as you guys can see...i need help...lol </TD></TR></TABLE>
dude if you have no pipes what so ever your not gonna boost AT ALL....the turbo will spool but that air is just being thrown back into the air if you have NO pipes...you have to have some sort of piping going from the turbo to the throttle body....you don't have to have an intercooler but you HAVE to have SOME piping connecting the two
Old 08-09-2005, 08:51 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr_b20x2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">omg are you serious...****...i sware im ****** so nOob i hate it...my turbo outlet is just blowing off in the engin bay...so let me see if i got this right...as long as the turbo outlet is some how routed back to the throttle body..that is how you creat boost? so no matter what...with NO PIPING i can not and will not make any boost? is this correct? </TD></TR></TABLE>
yes man, its NOT gonna boost......the turbo creates extra air that is pushed into the throttle body....DON'T **** NOTHING UP BRO.......GET SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEIR DOING OR AT LEAST HAS THE KNOWLEDGE OF HOW A TURBO WORKS.....i too don't know much about turbo but i installed one myself cause i know how its works.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:53 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

you REALLY need to get an intecooler first......what you using for engine management? fuel management? anything....or you just planning on putting the turbo on and it running fine.....cause it won't run right at all if you don't have the proper engine and fuel management
Old 08-09-2005, 08:56 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

sounds liek you have spent some money on that motor........don't blow it up bro....make SURE you know what your doing
Old 08-09-2005, 09:23 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr_b20x2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well i was looking into UBERDATA but i havent found where i should purchase the stuff from... anyone know the best bet...as for the intercooler...i have a side mount until my front mount gets in but nothing is connected yet. thats why im not getting any boost </TD></TR></TABLE>
Uberdata is FREE.....as long as you know someone with a chip burner..you can download the program off the net i believe.....i would go with Neptune if at all possible.....some tuners have the software you just have to look around....not sure cause you live in CA......you can just go get your ECU socketed so you can put a chip in it and then get a shop or tuner around your area to burn you a basemap on a chip and then take it to be tuned....you want to wait till your set up is DONE so you don't have to take it to be retuned......i got a basemap from a local shop for uberdata for like $30......find a socketed ecu first.....i payed 250 for Neptune from a local tuner right b4 i got it tuned.....and as far as installing it its a chip in your ECU that can be taken out when needed......
Old 08-09-2005, 10:26 AM

dude......be careful man, u got a nice motor there also i think it is bad to rev high with no piping cuz ur turbo is just spooling too much
Old 08-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

dude, you are the biggest ******* idiot ever. you have probably overspun your turbo and damged the bearings and all. you have to have charge pipes connected nad get an intercooler for ***** sake. hell give me your car so you dont break it
Old 08-09-2005, 10:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THis is the worst noob boost thread either. Have you ever seen a damn turbo setup in your life?

I can't believe you have a built motor and don't no **** about a turbo.

I can't believe what I just read. I guess boosting into the atmosphere is suppose to pressurize the engine bay and maybe even the whole car with a big enough turbo.

serious or not, it is still funny.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

awesome...a bigger noob than me lol
Where exactly do you have your blow-off valve if you have no charge pipes or intercooler?lol
Old 08-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

don;t buy a basemap waste of money...get neptune or hondatat or aem...go to a local tuner that works with boosted honda's...ask what ems he prefers...TUNING IS HUGE....don't drive your car without your charge pipes "the pipes going from the turbo outlet to the throttle body"...it will make the turbo overspin and cause damage...you have a really nice boost controller i have the same one....make sure you hook up the rpm wire...and the other wire yellow i think is a output you can configure as a warning light or something....if your in az i could help you out....but seriously get it tuned...ur motor WILL blow if you don't ...you can't just boost a honda a couple steps you can do and it will be reliable....trust me TUNING IS KEY....and don't listen to the hater's....some people still don't understand that people don't know everything that's why people go on to sites like this...to ask questions and educate themselfs.....good luck let me know if you need any help
Old 08-09-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: *NEGITIVE BOOST PRESSURE w/ GReddy e-01*(?) is this normal<<<im nOob srry (gsr_b20x2)

yea.. this forum is great.. im suprised noone flamed you to death over this yet though.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:21 AM

you should of done alil reading up about forced induction before hand.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude, you are the biggest ******* idiot ever. you have probably overspun your turbo and damged the bearings and all. you have to have charge pipes connected nad get an intercooler for ***** sake. hell give me your car so you dont break it</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-09-2005, 11:30 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr_b20x2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok now i heard all this stuff b4 but im kinna like at the mind-state of a child trying to figure out what jello actually is...so i know all this stuff already but none of it is really making any sence yet...i dont know anyone on earth with a chip burner...and as for basemaps...i havent found any for less then $300.oo my luck seems to be going no-where fast </TD></TR></TABLE>
i'm sure a shop would probably send you one from Dallas....try Velocity 972-389-9877....they might send you one ....just have to tell them your set up....but then you MUST find a shop you can drive/tow your car to so they can tune it on a dyno...hell i gave my basemap to someone......
Old 08-09-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: (gsr_b20x2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr_b20x2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive done plenty of reading...just never read anything that it could be bad to run the turbo w/o piping...so i figured it would be ok...couldnt have been more wrong i guess...lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

you dont even understand how turbos work, so how can you even say you've done plenty of reading? also do you have oil feed and return lines? cause if you dont and you've already tried to spin it, its toast!.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:48 AM

do u got da oil lines hook up?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: (LSVtec-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVtec-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you dont even understand how turbos work, so how can you even say you've done plenty of reading? also do you have oil feed and return lines? cause if you dont and you've already tried to spin it, its toast!.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i bet he doesnt have any.... what a dumb ****. i nominate this guy for 05 member of the year
Old 08-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

you keep on saying kewl deal.

<FONT SIZE="3"> DO YOU OR DONT YOU AHVE ANY ******* OIL LINES HOOKED UP TO YOUR GODDAM TURBO&gt;</FONT>
Old 08-09-2005, 11:58 AM

heres something for you

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1024174

now READ before you do anymore damage!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:30 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr_b20x2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lmao....yea i got oil lines...lmao...hahahaha...common dude...im nOob...but not that nOob...LMAO...hahaha...kewl deal </TD></TR></TABLE>
you come on dude......you didn't have any pipes hookd up you are that noob!!!!

Quick Reply: *NEGITIVE BOOST PRESSURE w/ GReddy e-01*(?) is this normal<<<im nOob srry