Notices

** AutoLock How many of you guys use this **

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** AutoLock How many of you guys use this **

Well ordered my Autolock Today Its on sale for 39.95 From Youcansave.com so i couldnt complain. I was wondering if you guys are having good luck with it let me know also how many of you use this item????
Thanks
Old 10-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** AutoLock How many of you guys use this ** (BoneStckCivic)

i'm curious about this too.... *bump*
Old 10-15-2003, 07:24 AM

Default Re: ** AutoLock How many of you guys use this ** (Teg4e)

autolock is probably one of your best investment in safety. My friend would've got his Eg hatch jack if it wasn't for autolock. Instead they just took his stero etc.. simple basic replaceable stuff. Those autolock only cost around 50-60 dollar. But you still got to think of this way, doesn't matter what alarm you gor how many clubs you got on. If someone really wants your car its gone. Just to let you know that.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First of all I had autolock on my car but they still stole it and it was never found. Any extra security is always a good thing to have but if the thief knows about this or has this http://www.clubbuster.com/clubbuster.htm I do not think the autolock will do much good. I also had an alarm, two kill switches and a few other good theft deturnt devices. But they still got my car and they got it from work with a secured lot. I am almost positive they towed it. Hope that helps
Old 10-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** AutoLock How many of you guys use this ** (underpressure02)

lol

yup, the best thing is to get good insurance, or just don't let anyone know about your car to even get it stolen
Old 10-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** AutoLock How many of you guys use this ** (underpressure02)

that really sucks, but don't you think the majority of stolen cars are driven away and not towed? I know nothing's failsafe, but i think i might get this thing to improve my chances.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:04 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ** AutoLock How many of you guys use this ** (Teg4e)

Why is this in the FI forum?
Old 10-15-2003, 09:16 AM

i was informed that the way lots of ppl pick out cars to steal is via the racetrack. ppl will write down your plate #, run a check through dmv i guess and then find out where you live/work and go grab your car. i dont know if there is really anyway to prevent this...but thats how ive heard a lot of cars getting stolen. i plan on getting atleast one of these devices to stop theft and not driving my car to places like the mall and such. but it still cant stop someone from coming to my house in the middle of the night and grabbing my car. just thought i should give people that lil piece of info. maybe if you take off your plates a 1/2 mile before the track it would help...thats just a suggestion...
Old 10-15-2003, 09:38 AM

yeah, this shouldn't be in the fi thread, but its ok with me. like that matters or somthing.

that club buster is pure evil! how hard is it to make one of those? not very! and that scares me. because I use a club.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i use it on all my cars. before that thing was made to bust them off, the only way that i heard of to take the autolock off was to take off the clutch pedal and replace it with another one. it takes too much time thats why theives usually wont mess with them. I also use compustar in my cars and am also probably gonna get this http://www.gps2000online.com its $400 and like $50 yearly i think. its like lojack but cheaper and you can track it, not only the cops.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:46 AM
GPoodle

Yeah! That club buster sucks look what it says!
"Bust-off" steering wheel and brake locks in 60 Seconds!
Easy & FUN to use!
No more picking or drilling!
No more damage to car interior!
Pays for itself in one use!

**** yeah it pays for itself in one use!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i have the autoloc clutch/brake pedal lock...I know if a theif wants your car he'll take it by any means, but hell thats not reason to rty and deter them. probably gonna do my kill switch soon and eventually get an alarm. I hope they seriously monitor/screen the guys who order that lock buster....thats REALLY scary!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

autolock
take out ecu
quick release steering wheel
alarm

WIN
Old 10-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ** AutoLock How many of you guys use this ** (SIXTYdashONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why is this in the FI forum?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure why it is in the FI forum but maybe b/c a people have their cars more secure in here b/c we have a lot of money dumped into the car and try to prevent it from being stolen, just a thought.

I did not even know about the club buster until my car was stolen and someone on here actually posted the link in my thread. I thought the autolock was a pretty good piece of security b/c it is pretty hard to cut it off being that it is wrapped around the pedal assembly. My best suggestion for you is the more the better. My thoughts is the more security devices you have the longer it will take a thief to get through all of them and in that time someone may actually see them trying to steal your car or they might just give up. Or maybe not try at all if it seems to hard for them. But all in all I would have rathered come out to my car and it been busted up lock broken and such instead of coming out to an empty spot, it is the worst feeling.

Here are a couple other things to look into. I hear this one is pretty good and if you use two of them almost impossible to tow the car.

http://www.alphalock.com/

http://chaseatlantic.com/

Old 10-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i've got the autolock, and judging from its construction and design i say its well worth the money. if anything, it gives me a lot of "peace of mind". most theives probally dont know how to really approach it besides towing the car, or using the club buster, which not many people would have(in my town anyway). autolock coupled with 2 kill switches and alarm works for me.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:44 PM

club buster...OMG now i cant sleep. goddamn.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo E)

i will delete that link if you guys want. I just feel it is better for you guys to know that the threat is out there.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:25 PM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

autolock
take out ecu
quick release steering wheel
alarm
WIN

Clubbuster and Tow truck

Lose
Old 10-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (siboi18)

be sure to have the autolock pro
Old 10-15-2003, 01:57 PM

Default Re: (underpressure02)

underpressure02 you should delete it, could save some car form geting stollen.

But the info is good
Old 10-15-2003, 02:55 PM

Default Re: (siboi18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siboi18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Clubbuster and Tow truck

Lose</TD></TR></TABLE>

How would the tow truck driver pull you car up on a flatbed when your front wheels are pointing west on a cumpus. Thier is no way when you lock your steering wheel, take your steering wheel off, put two autolocks on( gas,clutch) on both pedals going to try and take your car.

Every Night I pull my sparkplug wires out and put the autolock on. later I will get hoodlocks for my hood and my car is so low that they would need two people to lift the car up while the guy locks for the tow hooks which will be gone because of the traction bars I am going to install soon.

Anyway I live on a deadend street and the only way a tow truck will make it back out with a car on it is reverse down it. I don't think that is going to happen because all you will hear is BEEP!!...BEEP!!..BEEP!!..BEEP!!.. which will wake up the whole neighborhood you get what I'm saying.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:01 PM

think with the hood locks whos is gonna have enough time to pop your hood and cut the horn that is blaszing when your alarm is going off. and you can not pull a car up a flatbed with out control of the wheel. you could but you could be their all night trying to get it up straight. so think thier gonna be pulling a car with the horn blasting and wheels turned up a flatbed reversing down a small narrow road. or make a lot of noise using a item to cut through a c-fiber hood or a metal hood. good luck.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:20 PM

I personally use the "Autolock 2000T"

I've been using this for 2 years now, and the looks in itself are a good deterrent. Mix this with a good car alarm and you have an "almost" full proof system.

The Clubbuster can't do **** against this thing. Drill proof, freeze proof, pick proof.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:28 PM

are you ******* joking me its not all that just take a fuse out of you car or something that **** is ******* big
Old 10-15-2003, 03:44 PM

Default Re: (TURBO B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TURBO B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you ******* joking me its not all that just take a fuse out of you car or something that **** is ******* big
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Form complete sentences, or atleast use commas. hehe, j/k

Also, another good thing to do is wire up a switch to your fuel pump and put it somewhere hidden away or out of sight. No fuel = no movement of car.

Quick Reply: ** AutoLock How many of you guys use this **