Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***greddy blue box ........ 101

bump

Modified by Charlie Moua at 2:27 PM 10/7/2003
Old 10-06-2003, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***greddy blue box ........ 101 (Charlie Moua)

bump
Old 10-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 96 Integra with an LS and the Greddy complete kit with the 310CC injectors and have no problems. I live in FL and it is hot as hell here....

I have not turned up the boost beyond stock for the greddy kit, yet

I had a prior post about an exhaust cut out and got the same info about the ECU and fuel in open loop. Hope that helps a little. Did you try to email or call Greddy to get their opinion yet?
Old 10-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***greddy blue box ........ 101 (JJFreshy)

bump

Modified by Charlie Moua at 2:27 PM 10/7/2003
Old 10-06-2003, 03:43 PM

the blue box is basically an e-manage, and utilizes all the same functions, except for ignition control, and tunability(except by greddy maybe). The blue box uses all the same wires as the emanage does. You have 4 wires that run to each injector, which is how it pulses them longer than the stock ecu. It doesnt just open them up full time. It takes a reading from the map sensor , and adds the additional pulsing based off of a percentage of what the ecu pulsed , from its own internal map. It trims map voltage to run the larger injectors on the DOHC Blue box, and does not on the SOHC version. As for going into boost, it just basically uses a map voltage clamp, and stops the voltage from rising above what the ecu sees as boost. Read up on the functions of the emanage. Youll see that its basically the same thing
Old 10-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***greddy blue box ........ 101 (p0gi)

I'm gonna tell you the samething I tell everybody else. If you get the greddy kit buy a vafc, dsm 440's, a FPR and a manual boost controller. You'll be happier right off the bat because you can turn up your boost and you have better tuning ability and since there is a thread that tells you how to hook up a GM 3bar map sensor to the afc hack you have an even greater tuning ability. You'll be happy at first but you'll REAL happy when you can turn that bitch up to 14 or 15 psi.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***greddy blue box ........ 101 (Redlineracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redlineracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm gonna tell you the samething I tell everybody else. If you get the greddy kit buy a vafc, dsm 440's, a FPR and a manual boost controller. You'll be happier right off the bat because you can turn up your boost and you have better tuning ability and since there is a thread that tells you how to hook up a GM 3bar map sensor to the afc hack you have an even greater tuning ability. You'll be happy at first but you'll REAL happy when you can turn that bitch up to 14 or 15 psi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you even read my thread?

what i'm looking for is a cheap safe & best bang for the buck fuel managment until i can afford hondata, installation & full dyno and street tunning. i do not wan to mess around with afc hack, tuning it on a dyno so i can see what -/+ setting it likes at certain rpms. I simply need a system to hold me over for about 6months. don't really care about MPG or max hp right now.... hondata will do that.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah I read your post. You want to run around in a pre-tuned system programmed for a kit used with different components than you already have but yet you want "cheap safe & best bang for the buck fuel management" So, instead of taking the advice that can keep you and your car safe for years with ALOT of potential to be used without a standalone, you ridicule someone that tells you something that you don't want to hear. I just told you the experiances I have had. Everytime I have a problem with a greddy kit, I get rid of the blue box or the emanage and the problem goes away. I will admit that the emanage is somewhat tunable but you still can't tell what the hell its doing. With the hack, I can take the blue box off, have the SAFC or VAFC, 440's, resistor box, FPR, and MBC installed in just a couple of hours. Then I can throw the car up on jack stands and have the hack tuned close to where it needs to be in another hour. Then I can take it out on the highway where I can fine tune it and make sure everything else is running right. Then later on if someone wants to the can hook up a $30 dollar part and boost their **** up to 1bar with slighty larger injectors. So for a total of MAYBE 600-700 dollars you can release a ton of potential in a totally safe and tuning capable way.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ***greddy blue box ........ 101 (Redlineracer)

bump

Modified by Charlie Moua at 2:28 PM 10/7/2003