Notices

***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official JRSC Thread***

What are you asking for the nonvtec model?
Old 07-10-2022, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

So, I have an extra S tube with my Jackson Kit for my GSR. I plan on only running the low boost option, 6-7 lbs. Is it worth me to look at finding a company to maybe port my S tube and port match the blower? Is it worth the $$$ on a low boost option, or should I just leave it be? I plan on running an ITR throttle body with my setup.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by danteisme
So, I have an extra S tube with my Jackson Kit for my GSR. I plan on only running the low boost option, 6-7 lbs. Is it worth me to look at finding a company to maybe port my S tube and port match the blower? Is it worth the $$$ on a low boost option, or should I just leave it be? I plan on running an ITR throttle body with my setup.
It really isn't worth it at ANY boost pressure... low or high. I have made as much wheel HP with a stock one as any JRSC guy with a ported one. I don't know what it costs to slick, trick, bore, and polish one... but it just won't get you more than a couple-three wheel HP at best... so you decide.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
It really isn't worth it at ANY boost pressure... low or high. I have made as much wheel HP with a stock one as any JRSC guy with a ported one. I don't know what it costs to slick, trick, bore, and polish one... but it just won't get you more than a couple-three wheel HP at best... so you decide.
this is why I’m thankful the forums are still around! For all the $$$ it costs, def not worth 3 whp to me.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am always happy to help a fellow Supercharger guy Dante.
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-06-2023, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wanted to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread over the years. I'm running a 2001 GSR (DB8) with JRSC in Cali and being able to find info is a lifesaver.

I am currently getting a lean code and trying to figure that one out. Need to log fuel pressures and see if the pump is getting weak. Have brand new injectors, FPR, and a new FMU on order. I'll be replacing all the things as required to keep this thing on the road in it's legal form.

I do have an LHT manifold on the way because it's hot here and I want to keep the car safe, so I'll have that for in between emissions checks. No intention of running a standalone, etc. as this isn't a max power car or anything. Just a period correct fun older project car.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For anyone coming to this thread trying to find the info that was on ftlracing.com that website seems to have been taken over. However the Internet archive has snapshots:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211129...ftlracing.com/

That's the final snapshot that's available.
Old 05-08-2023, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

I miss my LHT modded JSRC setup!
Old 05-08-2023, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
I miss my LHT modded JSRC setup!
I've got a PRIMO ITR kit if you can talk John into adding the LHT mod.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CobaltFire
For anyone coming to this thread trying to find the info that was on ftlracing.com that website seems to have been taken over. However the Internet archive has snapshots:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211129...ftlracing.com/

That's the final snapshot that's available.
I let the url expire and shut down my webserver. If any one needs anything PM me as I have a copy of everything. Thanks.

Yikes, looks like someone took over the url and turned it into a **** site. Sorry. Not my doing! I did not expect that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Veris:
Old 05-10-2023, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anything that has a history of decent web traffic gets snapped up by those sites if they lapse or go offline. Seen it happen a ton of times over the years.

Also, holy crap you've been gone for 6 years and popped up for that.

If you are willing to send me the stuff I could look at hosting it; I've got a couple sites and the background to make it happen.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CobaltFire
Anything that has a history of decent web traffic gets snapped up by those sites if they lapse or go offline. Seen it happen a ton of times over the years.

Also, holy crap you've been gone for 6 years and popped up for that.

If you are willing to send me the stuff I could look at hosting it; I've got a couple sites and the background to make it happen.
First time for me... Had I known I would have kept the URL and just let my webserver lapse.

Not gone, just lurking. Been road racing a lot for the last 10 years and out of the supercharger game almost as long so not actively posting.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the files.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2023, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello,
I've had my SC GSR since the glory days. I have been running the same setup for almost 20 years now. It was daily driven for many but the last 8-10 it has been only driven a handful of times per year. Last year it started having problems in boost. Sometimes(not very often) it will work fine, other times it will completely cut out as soon as boost hits. The engine just "stops" until i let back off the throttle and then its fine again under vacuum. I'm starting to think it may be a belt slipping. Has anyone ever encountered this? I have had loose belts cause boost drop but never anything like this. If anyone has any insight or questions please let me know.
Thanks.
Drew
Old 05-22-2023, 03:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Sounds like boost cut
Old 05-22-2023, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Drewfusss
Hello,
I've had my SC GSR since the glory days. I have been running the same setup for almost 20 years now. It was daily driven for many but the last 8-10 it has been only driven a handful of times per year. Last year it started having problems in boost. Sometimes(not very often) it will work fine, other times it will completely cut out as soon as boost hits. The engine just "stops" until i let back off the throttle and then its fine again under vacuum. I'm starting to think it may be a belt slipping. Has anyone ever encountered this? I have had loose belts cause boost drop but never anything like this. If anyone has any insight or questions please let me know.
Thanks.
Drew
Do you have a CEL ? How is your car tuned ? Are you using all of the original JRSC fuel components (FMU, IAT relay, etc.) or did you upgrade to a tunable ECU and big fuel injectors ? If you haven't changed any of the drive pulleys (crank, alternator or supercharger snout), there shouldn't be any reason that you would hit "boost cut"... especially this time of year. It would make more sense if you hit boost cut on a really cold day.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello,
Thanks.
Drew
I would think the bypass valve on the SC is going bad! I once had to change mine!
Old 05-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you have a CEL ? How is your car tuned ? Are you using all of the original JRSC fuel components (FMU, IAT relay, etc.) or did you upgrade to a tunable ECU and big fuel injectors ? If you haven't changed any of the drive pulleys (crank, alternator or supercharger snout), there shouldn't be any reason that you would hit "boost cut"... especially this time of year. It would make more sense if you hit boost cut on a really cold day.
I'm using an old school ems with 440cc injectors. The system is EFI Systems PMS.
It shouldn't be a boost cut, it's turned off. Honestly I don't even think the boost cut works for SC engines on this system.
It does seem like it boost drops off completely though.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would think the bypass valve on the SC is going bad! I once had to change mine!
This was my very first thought. Is there a way to test it under boost? What were your symptoms when it went bad?
I am going to try to tighten the crank belt, it seems a little loose. If that doesn't work I think the bypass will be next up.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

I'm guessing you don't have a way to log anything with that EMS?
Old 05-24-2023, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chance EG
I'm guessing you don't have a way to log anything with that EMS?
I do. I have a log of it happening and it falls in the boost cut/loss scenario.
I'd share it but it's very cumbersome and it would have to be cell phone pics of the windows98 laptop I have that the software runs on.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

it would have to be cell phone pics of the windows98 laptop I have that the software runs on.
Wow lol.

That whole car is just a time capsule to 2000.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chance EG
Wow lol.

That whole car is just a time capsule to 2000.
Don't be silly, the tires are only 15 years old.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This was my very first thought. Is there a way to test it under boost? What were your symptoms when it went bad?
I am going to try to tighten the crank belt, it seems a little loose. If that doesn't work I think the bypass will be next up.
If the vacuum line is torn or has a leak you won't hit boost or if the actuator is broken it won't open under vacuum and you will see no boost.

We used to tie the bypass valve closed so it wouldn't open under boost while we were on a base map headed to the tuner!

Old 05-25-2023, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If the vacuum line is torn or has a leak you won't hit boost or if the actuator is broken it won't open under vacuum and you will see no boost.

We used to tie the bypass valve closed so it wouldn't open under boost while we were on a base map headed to the tuner!
I think you meant to say that you zip-tied the bypass valve OPEN so that it would NOT close under throttle load and make boost... this way you can drive SAFELY to the dyno for proper tuning. This is also a common practice for people who have shredded or thrown the supercharger belt off... zip tie the bypass valve open and you can limp the car home because the engine can breathe naturally aspirated through the bypass. This is a SMALL throttle body... but it can get you home. I drove a car that I had purchased 397 miles from Clemson SC to my home in AL this way a couple of years back... still got 28 mpg !!! Heheh.
Old 05-25-2023, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think you meant to say that you zip-tied the bypass valve OPEN so that it would NOT close under throttle load and make boost... this way you can drive SAFELY to the dyno for proper tuning. This is also a common practice for people who have shredded or thrown the supercharger belt off... zip tie the bypass valve open and you can limp the car home because the engine can breathe naturally aspirated through the bypass. This is a SMALL throttle body... but it can get you home. I drove a car that I had purchased 397 miles from Clemson SC to my home in AL this way a couple of years back... still got 28 mpg !!! Heheh.
Right you are JRCivic1

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***