Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Recent Tuning Experiences in Texas?

Old 07-17-2017, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Recent Tuning Experiences in Texas?

Yes, I know there's an official Tuner Directory stickied. I left a comment in March and no one has replied yet. Anywhere in Texas is fine, huge state but whatever.

JJ's Motorsports/Noribilt - Not even sure if Noribilt is still active, but I used them when I was younger. Very unprofessional, both in demeanor and in the quality of their tune. Had timing issues with my NA GSR, and later heard of a lot of other people with issues. JJ's scammed me out of a couple grand too when I was too young to know any better.

JMS Racing - There used to be a directory with graphs of all their tunes. Torque plots were all over the place, very inconsistent. Have heard from many people in the San Antonio area that have had issues with their tunes. Unprofessional vibe here as well.

Precision R - This was the most recent shop I used with my S2K. Overall I'd say it was relatively positive, the tune seemed smooth and their work/fabrication seemed pretty solid. I ended up having some issues with the car but that mostly was the result of a slippery slope I had gotten on before even taking the car there. The only thing I don't particularly like about PR is they only do road tunes, nothing on the dyno. Seems like to optimize all of the components of a build it would be beneficial to see the torque/HP curve and see how changes are affecting it, then later review the tune with a street drive. I'd consider re-using this shop though if we could start on a dyno, then finish with some street tweaks.

Jotech - Have read very mixed reviews on this shop. Some people praise them very highly, others say their work is inconsistent and they sometimes neglect fairly obvious details. That's mostly in regard to their physical work though, I'm not sure about their tunes. Cost is definitely considered to be a pretty penny for their physical work, I think their tunes are average price.

Those are all the Honda tuning shops in Texas that I'm at least somewhat familiar with. If anyone has any input on the above shops, or anything else in DFW, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, etc, let me know.

If this topic ends up being non productive or doesn't really have any new information than what's already in the Tuner Directory we could just delete it.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:37 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Recent Tuning Experiences in Texas?

Noribilt - im not sure what really happen to this shop because their build is vacant. chad is a member here but im not sure of his activity

Precision R - has been around for about for a grip. back in the early 2000 they were tuning cars on the street, im surprised they havent got a dyno by now.

the shop i deal with is Henderson Performance Technology - ive known the shop owner Corey for about 15-16 years. he has tune my gsr (na and turbo) and it made great power until one night i increased the rev limit and dropped a valve. i have another motor built that i need to bring to him to tune and make more power than before. but overall, he is a good guy and knows his stuff. he is mainly a Corvette shop BUT he owns a jdm turbo gsr that he just keeps at his house. if you visit his site its more than likely outdated but the number and email is still valid. i would post pics but photobucket is basically charging to host photos now. here is a link instead
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...ps05e62f07.jpg

the two tunes is one with a blox intake manifold and the other(460whp) is with an victor X
Old 07-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by justYncredible
Precision R - has been around for about for a grip. back in the early 2000 they were tuning cars on the street, im surprised they havent got a dyno by now.

the shop i deal with is Henderson Performance Technology....
I haven't ever looked into or heard of Henderson, I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for the suggestion.

And yeah, Will is still doing the tuning over at P-R, still out on the street. I'm pretty sure they only rent dyno's for cars that plan on making over 600WHP or so, since that's a bit dangerous to rip on public roads while tuning.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:00 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

np, Corey is also the tuner btw, he tunes all the vehicles there.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chance EG
I'm pretty sure they only rent dyno's for cars that plan on making over 600WHP or so, since that's a bit dangerous to rip on public roads while tuning.
just to add two cents here, dyno tuning is the only way to make the best possible power, no matter what the power level is. Any shop that says they won't tune on a dyno unless its over 600hp seems like they are way too confident and need to get a reality check.