Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

power FC and Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power FC and Hondata

Hello all,

i bought a B18c civic and come with the power fc. Recently, I rebuilt the engine with high-compression piston( B16B size) and replaced the camshaft.
But the tuner said the power fc is not safety for the modify engine and he has not confidence to tune with power fc.
Do I need to replace the ECU to Hondata as well? I am not has a high demand for the performance , I just want to the engine running in normal and daily usage.

Anybody could give me any advise.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:43 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: power FC and Hondata

Originally Posted by Brembomaster
Hello all,

i bought a B18c civic and come with the power fc. Recently, I rebuilt the engine with high-compression piston( B16B size) and replaced the camshaft.
But the tuner said the power fc is not safety for the modify engine and he has not confidence to tune with power fc.
Do I need to replace the ECU to Hondata as well? I am not has a high demand for the performance , I just want to the engine running in normal and daily usage.

Anybody could give me any advise.
your tuner is an idiot and just doesn't have the software to tune the car with power DC in a .HDX file format. you must be an Apex'i Excel dealer to work with that system. he's right to not have confidence in the system. and it was a good idea that he admitted to it.

Hondata is based upon a stock ecu and not a standalone like power fc. I've been on the Power FC for almost 16 years, and have veto times that are Excel dealers. they just aren't close
Old 06-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: power FC and Hondata

Originally Posted by TheShodan
your tuner is an idiot and just doesn't have the software to tune the car with power DC in a .HDX file format. you must be an Apex'i Excel dealer to work with that system. he's right to not have confidence in the system. and it was a good idea that he admitted to it.

Hondata is based upon a stock ecu and not a standalone like power fc. I've been on the Power FC for almost 16 years, and have veto times that are Excel dealers. they just aren't close

Thanks for your opinion.
I think I will stay for the power fc.^.^