Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Is it possible to Self-Prep and execute KTuner on the OEM ECU w/ its Immobilizer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to Self-Prep and execute KTuner on the OEM ECU w/ its Immobilizer?

on their webpage it says i have to buy anothwr ecu and keep mine for emissions
i have questions
is it not possible to"prep" the originsl ecu so i dont have to reprogram the immobilizer?
and what exactly they do with the ecu that i cant do myself?

does it mean that once"prepped for ktuner" the ecu cant be returned to stock and act as a stock ecu like the obd1 was with a jumper or something?
this is my first k series car im completely new to all this.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: 2004 tsx ktuner. can i do it myself? ecu prep and keep the original ecu with immo

Sounds like a customer service call if I've ever heard of a situation that required one.... Time to Call 'em up!
Old 06-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2004 tsx ktuner. can i do it myself? ecu prep and keep the original ecu with immo

Taken from the TSX Application page on the KTuner website:

What’s required?
• A KTuner prepped ECU. The factory TSX ECU cannot be used for development, as it does not have the interface required for our hardware.

Also on that page:
• By using a different ECU the immobilizer light on the dashboard will flash. You can disable the immobilizer in the software and unplug the immobilizer unit to prevent flashing on the dashboard or you can have the ECU sync’d to your immobilizer at any Honda/Acura dealer.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by HRTuning
Taken from the TSX Application page on the KTuner website:

What’s required?
• A KTuner prepped ECU. The factory TSX ECU cannot be used for development, as it does not have the interface required for our hardware.

Also on that page:
• By using a different ECU the immobilizer light on the dashboard will flash. You can disable the immobilizer in the software and unplug the immobilizer unit to prevent flashing on the dashboard or you can have the ECU sync’d to your immobilizer at any Honda/Acura dealer.

Name:  Boom%20goes%20the%20dynamite_zpsrolvrtmk.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  197.8 KB
Old 06-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just couldnt figure out if i could send mine in to get it prepped so i dont have to reprogram the immobilizer
but i finally found it.
seems like the 04-06 ecu is completely useless for tuning

i probably wait and get a 2007 tsx so it has all the stuff needed and just daily this one for now.
how do i keep finding these cars lol wtf i got a retarded horse club now with rl and tsx and t100 neither can be easily modified or maybe im just spoiled by b series
i like doing things myself thats why i was aksing if it was possible to DIY the prep or whatever like the obd1 ecus
i took my car to a shop once in 2005 and that was the last time anyone touched it except me
Old 06-12-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzysig
i just couldnt figure out if i could send mine in to get it prepped so i dont have to reprogram the immobilizer
but i finally found it.
seems like the 04-06 ecu is completely useless for tuning

i probably wait and get a 2007 tsx so it has all the stuff needed and just daily this one for now.
how do i keep finding these cars lol wtf i got a retarded horse club now with rl and tsx and t100 neither can be easily modified or maybe im just spoiled by b series
i like doing things myself thats why i was aksing if it was possible to DIY the prep or whatever like the obd1 ecus
i took my car to a shop once in 2005 and that was the last time anyone touched it except me
An '07 will have the same effect. You need to get out of the B-series world, and stop expecting to things to be like they were with that platform. You want power, you have to invest in it. There's no super easy way, no short-cuts, no FMUs, none of it.
I know you like doing things yourself. But understand you can't always do everything yourself. If you're bitching about this, I'd hate to see with anything in the future after 2010.

Engine/Chassis/ wiring system platforms are changing to where the DIY requires a degree, in-depth knowledge in an area that you can't just master in a weekend, or even just the equipment and resources. I know people who've spend the last 10 years on CAN-BUS systems alone with tens of thousands of man-hours and millions in resources making sure that the OEM does above and beyond what the older cars could ever do with the aftermarket. So what do you think you can do differently?

The DIYer isn't dead. The DIYer of today understands that nothing can be done completely alone. You'll continue to spin your wheels until you come to grips with that reality.
The rest of us have all accepted that already.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it possible to Self-Prep and execute KTuner on the OEM ECU w/ its Immobilizer?

i thought they send you a prepped 07 ecu with the ktuner kit no?

bare with me lol i just got my first k series lol have to get the bitching out of the way...
Old 06-12-2017, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Is it possible to Self-Prep and execute KTuner on the OEM ECU w/ its Immobilizer?

Originally Posted by fuzzysig
i thought they send you a prepped 07 ecu with the ktuner kit no?

bare with me lol i just got my first k series lol have to get the bitching out of the way...
He's just saying that you get another CL9 '04-'08 TSX ECU that is prepped once you send in your original ECU as a "core". The year range is what is relevant, not '06 vs. '07.

You gotta stop the bitchin'. It's falling on deaf ears / eyes, but it's getting in the way of people taking your goals and intentions seriously.
So, no more threads "complaining". Let's get you moving here.