Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

LC-1 serial adapter not being found?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC-1 serial adapter not being found?

I have bought two different serial to USB adapters for my LC-1 gauge and my computer still won't read the gauge when I want to program the analog output. Has anyone found an adapter or some type of computer setting that I have not though of that is causing this?

I have installed the drivers for both of the adapters, I am not running LogWorks while trying to run the LM Programmer. I am trying to set the analog output so my S300 can read it. I am putting the shorting plug and connecting it to the computer in accordance to the instructions that came with the LC-1 wideband gauge. Anyone else ran into this problem? I have not tried the adapter that Innovative sales on their website but it is 30 bucks when any other adapter is 1/3 that price. Has it been anyones experience that this is the only adapter that seems to work with the LC-1?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: LC-1 serial adapter not being found?

Is the gauge powered up when you are trying to connect?

I have never had any issues with the Innovate adapter. I'm not 100% sure perhaps not all serial to usb adapters are wired up the same. Could be why the cheap ones aren't working with the innovate hardware.

Other way would be to leave the gauge values at default and change the voltage tables in SManager.

Default the LC-1 settings are;
Analog output 1 - Yellow wire is set up as 1.1V = 14 AFR and .1V = 15 AFR. (Simulated narrowband)
Analog output 2 - Brown wire is setup as 0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39 AFR.

Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-29-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I want to be able to change the output values of the yellow wire to match that of the brown so the S300 is receiving the same signal as my gauge (wideband).

Just so I am understanding you correctly, you are running the adapter from Innovate? It may just be that the cheaper ones are not the same thing and it takes a special ddriver that comes with that adapter or something. If you are running the one from innovate i might just have to shell out the cash for it.

and yes I am hooking up to the computer with the gauge powered on. You don't think that this is my problem do you?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

OK so you are looking for 2 wideband outputs.

Yes I am running the Innovate adapter. IIRC You can download the driver from Innovate if you think that would work. I was thinking more along the lines that they might use a different wire or hardware configuration.

Give this thread a read and see if may be able to help you with your aftermarket adapter. It talks about setting up a virtual serial port.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...ad.php?t=12690

Hopefully that might shed some more light on the issue.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm using a sub 20$ adapter I bought at Microcenter here in cinicnnati.
I didn't have any issues, I installed the drivers for the adapter and put the terminater in the OUT plug on the LC-1. Then turned car on and was able to program the LC-1

Sidenote: I am using windows Xp pro, I find that all this software works better with XP.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i am using windows 7 starter on an HP mini.

I will give that site a read. Hopefully I can figure this out. I am sick of buying serial adapters.

I will let you guys know what I find out!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I tried to contact Innovate to ask them about the issue. I was not able to get the computer to recognize the input still.

The info that I got from the links some of you listed and while there was one or two things that I think needed to be corrected but it did not fix all my problems. I am going to keep trying and hopefully something I can figure out does exactly that. I am still looking at the Innovate site for drivers as well.

If you guys got any other ideas please post them up. I don't have another lap top to see if it this version of Windows so if anyone is running Windows 7 and ran into this problem this is the post for you to chime in on.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you aren't alone - i have a cheap ebay adapter, and it won't connect either.

but, i can't see spending $45+ for a "good" adapter...