Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

Anyone running a Haltech Elite?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone running a Haltech Elite?

So i recently decided to purchase a Haltech Elite 1500 for my lsvtec civic, chipped ecus arent getting younger and i dont quite trust a 25 year old ecu. Im sure they work fine for others, but this is what i wanted. That said, i was wondering if anyone has used a haltech elite on their build and had any tips or suggestions. Haltech has an obd1 basemap for the b-series, But i would like to know if there is anything else that may need to be setup? All i am looking for is to get the car running and drive-able to break-in the rings and get to the tuner.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:43 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Anyone running a Haltech Elite?

Originally Posted by khrys771
So i recently decided to purchase a Haltech Elite 1500 for my lsvtec civic, chipped ecus arent getting younger and i dont quite trust a 25 year old ecu. Im sure they work fine for others, but this is what i wanted. That said, i was wondering if anyone has used a haltech elite on their build and had any tips or suggestions. Haltech has an obd1 basemap for the b-series, But i would like to know if there is anything else that may need to be setup? All i am looking for is to get the car running and drive-able to break-in the rings and get to the tuner.
I almost bought one, but got a P1000 platinum instead for one the lower price, and it suits my turbo needs with my IQ3. I just think you made the right choice with Haltech period, add I too don't trust 25yr old ecus.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 614 Likes on 486 Posts

Not on a Honda, but a colleague has one on his Miata race car and is really happy with it. It's a great capable ecu. My only beef with Haltech products has always been the lack of onboard logging memory.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe i should have been more clear. I already have the Elite 1500, they have a basemap for the b-series. There are some things in that base map that seem questionable, like the settings for the coolant temp sensor. The scale they use for the factory sensor doesnt match what honda has in the oem service manual. So i was wondering if there are other things i need to be aware of in haltech's basemap?
Old 05-15-2019, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by khrys771
Maybe i should have been more clear. I already have the Elite 1500, they have a basemap for the b-series. There are some things in that base map that seem questionable, like the settings for the coolant temp sensor. The scale they use for the factory sensor doesnt match what honda has in the oem service manual. So i was wondering if there are other things i need to be aware of in haltech's basemap?
I remember when they stated that when they told me about the elite 2 years ago. is just check everything, as its not like they used a stock Honda ecu to see the values of everything.

If it looks weird, change it.. like anything else. trust nothing.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

This is the system I was looking into, I’m curious how they work and how hard they are to learn.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by turboLScrx
This is the system I was looking into, I’m curious how they work and how hard they are to learn.
Pick one up.. the only way to find out. Most of the tuners I deal with have no issue at all with either system. (They look at the interfaces of different companies as though they are about the same, just a matter of the value representations and menus.