Notices

Junior's first build lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junior's first build lol

Looking to build my first motor aside from rods/pistons girdle, pick up,windage tray, oil pump, water pump, what all do I need? I'm having trouble finding the info I need. The platform I am building on is a JDM b18c bare atm . I currently have rods,, pickup,windage tray,acl race bearings,b17 head semi complete, 84mm high cr pistons,working on obtaining sleeves....but what About all the various knick knacks gaskets,hardware,washers,seals,pullies...I'm new to the game only a year in and the help would very much be appreciated thanks in advance....ps I have a 95 gsr sedan could I use anything from that?

Last edited by DA9tothewheel; 12-31-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well my advice to you is to get a Haynes manual and read through it a couple times before attempting to start building anything. You need to send the block out to a machine shop or company to be sleeved if your plan to use those 84mm pistons.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Junior's first build lol

I plan on having it sleeved via a local machine shop. I just need to know if there are sensors or anything I need to buy before I start building as I am still in the gathering parts and gasket phase. And yes I have searched prior to this even purchase a book on b series rebuilds but it mentions zilch about sensors ,oil coolers etc.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

It's my understanding that the USDM B18C5 is pretty much the same motor as the JDM B18C Type R motor.

If you goto helminc.com you can purchase the helms manual for the
B18C5
VTEC
Found in: USDM/CDM DC2 Acura Integra Type-R (Integra Type-R)
1997, 1998, 2000, 2001 Integra Type-R (Note:1997-2001 CDM)

Integra Type R and it will be the most complete manual for your motor with all the sensors and doohickies etc.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...702&itemtype=N
Old 01-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DA9tothewheel
I plan on having it sleeved via a local machine shop. I just need to know if there are sensors or anything I need to buy before I start building as I am still in the gathering parts and gasket phase. And yes I have searched prior to this even purchase a book on b series rebuilds but it mentions zilch about sensors ,oil coolers etc.
Usually, all the original hardware and parts are re-used. So your saying you don't have any of that for this block?
If so, then yes, just about everything can be used from your 95 GSR engine on your b18c block and b17 head (Pr3/b16 casting right?). The intake manifold bolt pattern is different of course.

All of the timing belt components in that area interchange. Depending if you are obd2 or want/need to keep your CKF sensor will dictate which oil pump you need. Coolant transfer pipe, waterpump, thermostat housing all interchange. Your front waterneck on the head will be different as well I believe between pr3/b16 and p72/gsr. Sensors should all be the same. Its all pretty straightforward as to what parts interchange and which don't. Good luck with the build!