Drift Zone Enthusiasts of the drifting phenomenon

For the drift haters...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For the drift haters... (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually, if you knew much about it, you would know the tire wear isnt much more than road racing. ive seen 3-6 hours of actual track time on a good tire for drifting. we are talking Azenis or better here.

im not saying drifting is better than ANY form of racing, because its not, but it seems like thats now the trend from you honda guys to bash people who drift. nothing i can say will sway any of you but i used to hate drifting with a PASSION, even when i owned my 240. but after trying it ill never talk down on it again, apart from the fact its for show </TD></TR></TABLE>

THATS RIGHT .....its not a better form of racing ....because it is NOT a form of racing ......any automobile competition that needs judges to score who the winner is ....gets a from me .....
Old 04-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For the drift haters... (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it definatley is but the way some people make fun of it they think its nothing but a rolling car show.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is nothing more than a rolling car show ......

Drifting = JDM Version of a BurnOut Contest ...... and we all know how important those are ....&lt;sarcasm&gt;
Old 04-21-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Re: For the drift haters... (tsunami_zc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tsunami_zc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

THATS RIGHT .....its not a better form of racing ....because it is NOT a form of racing ......any automobile competition that needs judges to score who the winner is ....gets a from me .....</TD></TR></TABLE>

everything in life is not about competition. some people actually do things for personal enjoyment... think about that.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Z
Old User.

Default Re: For the drift haters... (im sabah)

Well, my main concern about drifting is that now that it's "cool" we have every retard that has seen Initial D out on the road sliding around like a jackass. I don't really have anything against drifting, I hate the bandwagon it has become. It's just not cool or smart at all to go sliding around on public roads. If someone wants to enter an event, more power to them. Just keep that **** off the street.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For the drift haters... (Z)

besides, w/ an F-body and a 240, j00 g0t m4DD d0riF7inG machineZ!

Paul
Old 04-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Z
Old User.

Default Re: For the drift haters... (tec-9-7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tec-9-7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">besides, w/ an F-body and a 240, j00 g0t m4DD d0riF7inG machineZ!

Paul</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn right
Old 04-21-2004, 11:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, my main concern about drifting is that now that it's "cool" we have every retard that has seen Initial D out on the road sliding around like a jackass. I don't really have anything against drifting, I hate the bandwagon it has become. It's just not cool or smart at all to go sliding around on public roads. If someone wants to enter an event, more power to them. Just keep that **** off the street. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, people need to either do it at events, or at least find a place where no one can get hurt like an empty parking lot or soemthing. if they want to do it illegally, i have no problem as long as they keep others out of danger. if they get caught no one is harmed but them so in my eyes its fine
Old 04-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For the drift haters... (im sabah)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by im sabah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah professional drift cars are set up to drift, but many people that drift for fun dont have those setups. and regardless, before you learn how to drift good, you spin out, you **** up, and sometimes you hit ****. all the while you learn the limits of your car and you are better able to understand how it reacts in certain situations. im sure you thought your response made sense, but it wasnt really thought out at all...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

my main concern was about people who go to events and think they are professionals. i'm not talking about the people that get paid to do it. i guess i should have clarified that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by im sabah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
theres no real use for any of the the other motorsports either - think about what you say. its merely for fun. some people like to drive down a track for fun, some people like to go around a road course, some like to autocross, and some like to drift. its perfectly understandable that you may not find drifting fun, but the fact of the matter is that many other people get enjoyment out of it and its arrogant to think that only what you like can be fun for everyone.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is a use for motorsports- R&D ask any major automaker or race driver. ask any small automotive engineering company. that is why they race or have people use their parts for racing.

yup...i'm an arrogant bastard. what more can you expect from a texan.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think Z makes a good point.

I don't think that people hate drifting as much as they hate the bandwagon effect.

Drifting, "JDM", heck - even modifying a low-displacement engine; these were all things that were done by a small group of people to begin with. Then, it caught on and lost some if it's "cool." It's kind of like saying you knew about a certain band before the "sold out" but suddenly, every 16 year old is listening to them. Now that drifiting is starting to become more popular, it automatically loses some of it's cool. Just my two cents.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:06 PM

Default Re: For the drift haters... (TEXNTEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TEXNTEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there is a use for motorsports- R&D ask any major automaker or race driver. ask any small automotive engineering company. that is why they race or have people use their parts for racing.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

im pretty sure most of the people that race do it because they enjoy it. the manufacturers do the r&d and they are the ones that develop new parts and make the money. the point here is that we are all automotive enthusiasts and its stupid to talk **** on each other. most of us all share the same love for our cars and driving 'spiritedly' and its retarded to make fun of certain peoples choices on how to drive their cars. people have different ways of having fun with their cars and i think we should all accept that and grow from it. theres nothing wrong with drifting, it may not suit your tastes but it might be just the right thing to help the guy next to you become more in tune with his own car, and that is what we should all be in search for.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i respect drifters but i would never..attempt to do it cause i love my life...
Old 04-21-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: For the drift haters... (91SiKen)

haha
Old 04-21-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For the drift haters... (ill45)

ppl say drifting is dumb, casuse it eats tires and is a slow way to take a turn, and it takes very little true "driving skill", etc.....
i present a similar case with drag racing little 4bangers (legal, on a track):
-it takes little skill beyond launch/clutch work/shift points
-if ur cars an auto, u just step on it and go
-only tests a cars power (thats only 1/2 of what makes a car great)

mind you, i think both are "cool" or "fun", and ive tried to draw out the extreme negative points......

i hope to make it to the Signal Drift Expo. in ontario this fall
Old 04-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For the drift haters... (91SiKen)

:shrugs:

I really like Inital D.