Notices
Drift Zone Enthusiasts of the drifting phenomenon

Best drift car??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best drift car?? (Brian*Black99Si)

a bag of **** for me!
Old 10-29-2001, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best drift car?? (137)

dyam this dude just got burnt..hehe...that was amusing....
oh i vote for the s15...
Old 10-29-2001, 07:27 PM
New User

Default Re: Best drift car?? (FLIP2daMaX)

nice 137! i am also considering buying a 86 corolla gts for a weekend project car
Old 10-29-2001, 08:49 PM
Trial User

VERY NICE Attempt, and if you actually understood what I said you wouldn't have performed your half assed "smack down"

1) Those who race, and happen to drift, while pushing thier car and getting the most out of thier car, that is fine.. Drift is a side effect of thier driving.

2) those who race to drift only, that is like foreplay without the sex. you are focusing a side effect of good racing.

DRIFT IS LOSS OF TRACTION, what part of that do you not get? They do it on purpose to achive a winning end. If they were in a car that could handle a turn at 90 mph, you think they would bother with drifting? **** NO.. they would apply the power through the turn and come out climbing up from 90... why take the extra risk if you don't have to.

If it is fun, fine its fun, guess what, putting a huge wing and a fart can on thier cars is fun to ricers... but dont come to me trying to convince me that it will replace the lemans series on ABC's Wide world of sports.

as for the rest of your tough guy post about calling me a dumb *** for having an oppnion, keep it up. I have had quite a chuckle with it. Through out this whole post I see you claiming my ignorance at the whole world while we are talking about this minor aspect of the world of auto racing...

I never said the drivers didn't know what they were doing. I said it is crazy to take the risk in a REAL race... sure if you want to make up a race just for drifting fine have fun.

why not then post this in the competition section, I am sure they would be more accepting, knowing they are knowledgeable racers.

not matter how controlled you are in a drift, not having full traction, isn't in full control. sorry, I would bet these top drift racers that you taut would admit that there is risk in every turn they drift in..

Maybe you aren't familliar enough with what it takes to race a car, and the risks that are all around you when you race..

That is why I have huge respect for Rally racing, not only do they race, but they race on mud, gravel, dirt, tarmac all in the same track. Those are a lot of Variables to worry about...
Old 10-29-2001, 09:22 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Best drift car?? (NagChampa)

Actually a prime example of drifters racing is Kart racing I've watch them plenty of times and over 70% of the time there drifting through corners. In europe they race at over 100+ mph drift corners as well. I forget what the series was called but it's on video. So it is part of racing not because they break traction because they want to break traction to get around the corners better and quicker.

As for the loss of the traction and not being in control no matter how you say that even if the wheels lose traction and lose control doesn't mean to driver or the rest of the car does..there for it's not out of control. Out of control is when you see sping 3 360's on wet road because they tried to put too much power down going through a turn. Also people that live where it snows a good bit and iced over roads learn to drift pretty much everyday because if you don't know how to control it you end up in snow bog or embankment.

As for risk, it's no different if you raced the risk is always going to be there no matter what. The difference is if your in control of your car or not even in drifting if your not in control your walking cluster ****. No matter what you do in racing there is always a chance you might not come back, it's just a risk you deal with or just don't race. Simple as that.

If anyone remembers the F1 race a suzka where Micheal S. is coming through the variety of quick lefts and rights notice the he steered very little and the car drifted through every corner setting up the next corner.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:34 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Best drift car?? (Racer-X)

a controlled drift is about as controlled as a controlled stall in a plane...

sure the pilot knows what he is doing, but everytime, there is that chance that the plane wont pull out...

and as I said before.. if we could make a car that could do a turn at 140 without breaking loose, you think they would still drift? Possibly, maybe because a 80 degree turn at 140 wouldn't feed too good.

as for the snow talk... I am from chicago.... I know about driving in the winter, and yes it is fun doing donuts in a freash snowed parking lot..
Old 10-29-2001, 10:06 PM
Trial User

Well I have friend mine fly's a good bit and they actually stall the planes so they know how to fly them down safely and not all times will the engine re-start this where you can always glide the plane down. My friend would say even though your one or both of your engines goes out doeesn't mean you should panic and get youself kill just be calm because for the most part most planes can glide for sometime before so they can look for a place to land this tends to work with small aircraft or ultra lights but it wouldn't work very well say with airliner mostly because of the bulk of the plane. Also since you used the engine stalling in the plane to me be a better comparison to have used the engine in the car but your comparing it to tyres of a car. Better comparison would have been the flaps or having the rear tail section not work proper or the rutters which then would make the aircraft harder to turn..but you still could you just would have to use which ever said that is working to the best and keep turning one way until your where you need to be to land and have it taken care of..so you still in control.

Remember even though you loose traction and such you can control your slide. If you don't believe me go take Panoz Subaru training school in GA. on there wet skid pad. They teach students that happen to start skidding to take control of the car and put it into a control drift until they can get it straighten out. So got tell them they are wrong and that all the insurance companies that give there drivers breaks on insurance for completing and making passing grade through the training.

Driving in snow with ice underneath it is completely different from just driving on snow..and it normally does that here every winter and for the most part alot of the roads remain iced over. Not mention if you happen to drive by the lime plant not far from here it's worse then being on ice. I've been on both and lime floating on water in far worse then ice..probably like hitting an oil slick.

Old 10-30-2001, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

VERY NICE Attempt, and if you actually understood what I said you wouldn't have performed your half assed "smack down"

Well nag damnit, if your typing wasnt as bad as your broken english maybe I would of understood ya!

1) Those who race, and happen to drift, while pushing thier car and getting the most out of thier car, that is fine.. Drift is a side effect of thier driving.

Your a dumbass, I bet you didnt even read through that long *** explanation of embarassment I typed for you... hell its pretty hard for you to understand your being told your a dumb ***... so lemme make this short for you before you bother continuing on...

YOUR A DUMBASS!!!

2) those who race to drift only, that is like foreplay without the sex. you are focusing a side effect of good racing.

you being un-educated in the sport and purpose of drifting... Leaves you with two argument options

1. You have no options because your a fucktard and dont even know what the sport of drifting is... like say if this was an argument of rugby being pointless because it is just football without pads... when you have no idea arguing about your point only knowing about football and not a damn thing about rugby.

2. You are a fucktard, I thought we explained this in option number one. End of point to be made.

DRIFT IS LOSS OF TRACTION

Drift means a whole lot of things...

Were talking about drifting as a sport and which car is best suited for drifting...

If drifting were so pointless then I guess option is on to something for filming the most pointless car videos around that every japanese racing culture nut is trying to get thier hands on... BECAUSE OF THE DRIFTING...

Drifting (DRIFT-ING) 1. Taking a car preferably rwd, and causing all four of the wheels to lose traction enough to the point where the car is still controllable, and can still be pointed in a desired direction. 2. Drifting is the fastest way around a corner but not always the most efficient. 3. Drifting owns stupid riceboys who argue about it being pointless, when its a heavily supported and participated in sport in japan.

what part of that do you not get?

Sorry bro your the one with the disfunction to understand... cold cold world it is some dumb babies are allowed to exist.

They do it on purpose to achive a winning end.

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! You remind me of a telemarketer trying to sell a product they dont know **** about or even a best buy employee... When asked which is the best video card out for my system now they say its the geforce two (when obviously its the 3) and said i should wait a month or so for the Geforce 5 to come out... :-\

If they were in a car that could handle a turn at 90 mph, you think they would bother with drifting? **** NO..

In the sport of drifting it doesnt matter how fast your car goes or how good it handles, it matters how you handle your vehicle. And not to let the vehicle handle you.

This is something that even if it was sitting on a synapse in your brain you would still off the top of your head not even comprehend to see the bullshit your replying with.

they would apply the power through the turn and come out climbing up from 90... why take the extra risk if you don't have to.

Drifting is an individual sport, and on top of that really doesnt have **** to do with f1 racing or any other sanctioned racing in the first place you *** hat...

I keep trying to explain this, you didnt see anyone post a porche carrera as the best drift car, or the ****** audi s8, or mac lauren f1... no they posted peice of **** rwd cars... cept for the is300 which is just a peice of ****...

Drifting is a totally different type of racing than what your even bothering argueing about and it shouldnt even be called racing it should be called style driving.

Or better yet skilled driving style drifting.

If it is fun, fine its fun, guess what, putting a huge wing and a fart can on thier cars is fun to ricers... but dont come to me trying to convince me that it will replace the lemans series on ABC's Wide world of sports.

Break that paragraph down into something understandable and maybe I can work with ya. Until then I did not understand a godamn thing you just wrote...

as for the rest of your tough guy post about calling me a dumb *** for having an oppnion, keep it up.

You can have an opinion, but when you storm into a post not even knowing what the **** your talking about your opinion is not wanted... Its like asking your opinion on how to do a valve adjustment, and you reply with you have to bleed the brakes in order to rotate your tires... That is basically the **** you have been sprouting in this whole thread...

This site is called honda tech, not hundah dumbass... If your going to be ignorant about imports go to superhonda, they have a bunch of dumbfucks there... honda-acura, and pure honda too. I think you would be more welcome in they're world of nonsense than you would be here...

oh oh oh go to freshalloy.com and post in thier 240sx section and see what they have to say there about your nonsense... HAHA that would be golden.

I have had quite a chuckle with it. Through out this whole post I see you claiming my ignorance at the whole world while we are talking about this minor aspect of the world of auto racing...

If you arrogance to the world even compares to what you have shown in this post may the spirits have mercy on your dimwitted soul.

I never said the drivers didn't know what they were doing. I said it is crazy to take the risk in a REAL race...

The sport of drifting doesnt take place in a real race you ****** moron...

Drifting is not timed...

Drifting is judged by skill, and style of how you got you car through a 4 turn part of track, by making one 2 sideways passes at it... setting yourself up for the next turn and the next turn by sliding through 2 of them diagonally...

That is what the sport of drifting is about stupid ****...

plain old drifting is this technique explained above... but the sport is also explained above... and the cars mentioned in the poll (ae-86, s13,14,15 sylvia, skyline, supra, rx7's, toyota chasers, trueno's, mark II,s soarer's, altezza's, etc) are recommended for drifting because they are the commonly most used...

I am not even gonna bother responding to the rest of your post because your harder to educate than it is playing darts on a solid brick wall with a crayon dart board drawn on it...

Jesus, if you reply again arguing for racings sake im gonna have a moderator delete your **** for sheer ignorance...

AND THERE ARE TWO THINGS YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

NOTHING AND LIKE IT

[Modified by 137, 2:55 AM 10/30/2001]
Old 10-30-2001, 06:21 AM
Trial User

I am very glad that this ONE point of life you actually have some knowledge about so you can be the "god of the verbal bitch slap" with this one inconsequential part of the world of racing (I would love to see my post deleted tough guy)

So you are denying that drifting came from racing? SOme guy was drifting in a race to win... they see it, its cool, they make a sport based only on that...

I sitll think it is ******* stupid. Just as I think you are ******* stupid...

BTW I will try to use smaller words for you this time.

If I am so ******* ignorant you dipshit, why not show me instead of being a tough guy trying to "bitch slap me" hehe I still find it entertaining...

Yes I am arrogant, not where near as arrogant as you, but the difference is between us both is I have a right to be. Through out this whole last post, you just make stuff up, false accusations, personal insults... maybe I should talk to a moderator too, see which one they delete.

so drifting is a spinn off sport like the quarterback challenge... or board breaking competitions in Karate. It shows board breaking skill but has no end...

BTW you keep yelling at me about reffering to racing, but you keep mentioning that it "is the fasted way around a corner if performed correctly." You keep mentioning it... why wouldn't I think about racing, you are talking about speed, yet drifting has nothing to do with time or speed? Then why do it??

you may think it is cool.. and I think it is fun to slide around in the winter when the snow and ice get on the roads, but I wouldn't in anyway make a sport out of it..

as for being the number one thing in Japan right now... well game shows where they lock someone in a room with bees is popular in japan too... The Japanise are crazy people, watch some of thier TV some time.

I will stick to racing

look forward to your pointless attacks at my charecter and my English, two things with have no bearing on this arguement anymore...

BTW, for being the god of bitch slaps, you are quite inefficent at it... I mean in your whole post you maybe MAYBE nail me about my lack of knowledge of sport drifting in 3% of it. The rest of the post is just screaming that you are angry at world because your mom didn't hold you or something...

get better at your verbal bitch slap man... loose the animated picture, poorly done and the guy looks like a chump.. maybe redo it with yourself.

[Modified by NagChampa, 7:28 AM 10/30/2001]
Old 10-30-2001, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best drift car??

Ok, this is just an attempt to clear some things up. Drifting USED to be the fastest AND most efficient way through corners, before there was downforce and ground effects. I found a few good quotes from 1967 F1 drivers:

Jim Clark: “I know I am inclined to go into a corner earlier than most people. By that I meant that ... most people run deep into a corner before turning the wheels to go round. In this way you can complete all your braking in a straight line, as everyone recommends you do; but I prefer to cut into the corner early and, even with my brakes still on, to set up the car earlier. In this way I almost make a false apex because I get the power on early and try to drift the car through the true apex and continue with this sliding until I am set up for the next bit of straight.

Stirling Moss on fast cornering: “A racing car is always in an attitude at corners, never pointing directly fore-and-aft in its line of travel as a road car would be in normal motoring. The racing car is sliding, to some degree, nearly all the time, but to be quick the best drivers try to do the slides and drifts with the least drag possible at moments when drag doesn't matter. One can put the car into a Kriste - a broadside as in ski-ing - to slow it into corners. But once one has presented the car to a very high-speed corner it's rather like throwing a dart - when it has left your hand you can't do a thing about its path. If you present a car accurately to such a corner it will track through in a long drift on a virtually predestined trajectory. You can make tiny adjustments, but once you have presented it to the corner you can only adjust the trim, not make major changes of direction - not if you are on the limit. Steering is used to present the car, then to compensate for the throttle, because as one opens the throttle, and car starts to slide you may have to use the steering wheel to compensate - to balance the power. I would describe the steering wheel as the presenter and balancer really.”

And finally, Enzo Ferrari describes the four-wheel drifting of Tazio Nuvolari:
"At the first bend, I had the clear sensation that Tazio had taken it badly and that we would end up in the ditch; I felt myself stiffen as I waited for the crunch. Instead, we found ourselves on the next straight with the car in a perfect position. I looked at him, his rugged face was calm, just as it always was, and certainly not the face of someone who had just escaped a hair-raising spin. I had the same sensation at the second bend. By the fourth or fifth bend I began to understand; in the meantime, I had noticed that through the entire bend Tazio did not lift his foot from the accelerator, and that, in fact, it was flat on the floor. As bend followed bend, I discovered his secret. Nuvolari entered the bend somewhat earlier than my driver's instinct would have told me to. But he went into the bend in an unusual way: with one movement he aimed the nose of the car at the inside edge, just where the curve itself started. His foot was flat down, and he had obviously changed down to the right gear before going through this fearsome rigmarole. In this way he put the car into a four-wheel drift, making the most of the thrust of the centrifugal force and keeping it on the road with the traction of the driving wheels. Throughout the bend the car shaved the inside edge, and when the bend turned into the straight the car was in the normal position for accelerating down it, with no need for any corrections."

(All emphasis mine)
This is a long post, but I think you all should read it. Drifting in racing today is nowhere near as extreme as it was, because with downforce and such you can carry a much higher speed through the corners with minimal drift, and less wear on the tires (also a bigger concern now since the tires in '67 were very hard and lasted for the whole race weekend in some cases). In rally racing, downforce does not/can not compensate for the slippry surface, so drifting is still the fastest way through the corners. I'm sure there are books around that can explain driving techniques for all different kinds of racing much better than I can, so if you want go find one of those
Old 10-30-2001, 08:45 AM
New User

If they were in a car that could handle a turn at 90 mph, you think they would bother with drifting? **** NO..

In the sport of drifting it doesnt matter how fast your car goes or how good it handles, it matters how you handle your vehicle. And not to let the vehicle handle you.
so can you clarify "In the sport of drifting it doesnt matter how fast your car goes or how good it handles" do they drift for points or is it a race? Just wondering.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:53 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Best drift car?? (MrBite)

thanks MR Bite, this was actually intelligent and educational...

Thanks again for posting something that pertains to the subject at hand instead of trying to be a tough guy proving a point..
Old 10-30-2001, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just keepin' it real
Old 10-30-2001, 09:51 AM
New User

Default Re: Best drift car?? (Brian*Black99Si)

drift for points

Brian
how do they rate that? I am really going to be pissed if you guys are pulling my chain!
Old 10-30-2001, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best drift car?? (MrBite)

(All emphasis mine)
This is a long post, but I think you all should read it. Drifting in racing today is nowhere near as extreme as it was, because with downforce and such you can
carry a much higher speed through the corners with minimal drift, and less wear on the tires (also a bigger concern now since the tires in '67 were very hard and lasted for the whole race weekend in some cases). In rally racing, downforce does not/can not compensate for the slippry surface, so drifting is still the fastest way through the corners. I'm sure there are books around that can explain driving techniques for all different kinds of racing much better than I can, so if you want go find one of those

your whole post was very insightfull and informative to nag champa being he still doesnt know what the **** he is talking about.

And you seem to have been led astray too... The name of the post is best drift car...

not car best for drifting in a race...

but in the sole sport of drifting... like I said earlier none of those cars are meant for high speed racing, unless tuned for such, they are ideal cars to tune up and slide around corners...

that is what the sport of driting is...

its judged on a point system

style - everyone has a certain drifting style, and its not really hard to accomplish once you get the hang of it, like I mentioned knowing and controlling your vehicle will get you through the drift comps.

control - Control points are given to users who can control thier car through the drift, like I said its not hard to get your car sideways, its getting your car through the turn sideways and keeping control of it that nets you points.

speed - the faster you can go sideways through a turn, and pull it off with speed and style while being SIDEWAYS nets you bonus points, and really isnt a major factor... its mainly style and control.

How many times can you perform your drift to show your skills arent a fluke...

They do round eliminations and give out 20-50 thousand dollar cash prizes at some events.

And that my friends is the emphasis on the sport of drifting, and no matter how stupid you think it is nag champa, other people like it...
Old 10-30-2001, 05:36 PM
Trial User

don't be heart broken 137, I think air boarding and scooter tricks are silly too.

I would still rather race... and MR is right... I have never seen F1 racers drift to the level that they do in drift competition videos I have seen. It isn't needed as much as you think..

I used to think it was cool, you try doing that **** with a lincoln town car some time... got that from starki and hutch marathons..
Old 10-30-2001, 05:43 PM
Trial User

this sounds more like club4ag than honda-tech. ok here is my views on what I've learned about drifting. first off, in WRC alot of times drifting is used to slow the car down (more friction) and keep the RPM's up and the wheels spinning.

on to drifting, you guys have watched way too many Intial D movies! Drifting is the slow way around a turn. I have never seen a driver drift a turn to go fast. they may do it on accident, but they don't want it to happen. Driftin isn't about just tossing a car in mashing the peddle. throttle steer is the key. you have to modulate it with much finess. and the use of both feet is key. you watch any drift competition w/ foot shots and you see the clutch, brake, and gas.

The reason so many AE86's are used for drifting is simple. CHEAP! they don't cost anything. If your going to drift get ready to start buying and replacing fiction oriented parts (clutches and LSD go fast). another thing is they weight nothin. which means its easier to break traction. and btw people. just b/c is says 86 in the chassis code doesn't mean it's a 86. the AE86 was produced from 85-87 in the united states. In japan I don't know. be informed before you shoot your mouth off.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best drift car?? (JAC-GSR99)

Hachi....
Old 10-30-2001, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never seen initial d, I just read it some where... drifting as someone said earlier in the post USED to be the fastest way around a corner... And it wasnt overexuberant sideways ***** to the wall sliding either.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:10 PM
Trial User

not really, drift was just an accident since there was no wings and traction was limited to tire cohesion. since there wasn't much of that most of the time it was throttle steer.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:25 PM
Trial User

well, seems like my oppinon seems to be kind of popular here,

btw 137, where were all the fun verbal bitch slaps... you seem defensive..
Old 10-30-2001, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, seems like my oppinon seems to be kind of popular here,

btw 137, where were all the fun verbal bitch slaps... you seem defensive..
whats the point in arguing with you... you just dont get it. I am ignoring you from now on...

and your probably right jag, but like I said the main emphasis on the post was best drift car. For the sport of drifting which the japanese participate in. An f1 race, and a cart race is not the sport of drifting, nor any auto racing at that. Drifting is a totally and completly different sport and all should at least come to grips with this before running thier ****** mouth saying racing this and racing that...

nobody said whats the best racing car to drift in.

Its pointless, I give up on you people.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:03 PM
Trial User

as you should...

especially since you say that drifting has nothing to do with auto racing.. how crazy is that... its done at a track... in a car, based on techniques that were honed then discarded by the racing world...
Old 10-30-2001, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

THE ****** SPORT OF DRIFTING, IS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE GODAMN SPORT OF RACING YOU ****** DUMBSHIT

THE TECHNIQUE OF DRIFTING CAN BE REFERENCED, BUT THE SPORT OF DRIFTING IS TOTALLY ****** DIFFERENT YOU ASSHAT!!!

FOR ***** SAKE WATCH THE VIDEOS SO YOU STOP POSTING LIKE AN UNEDUCATED ****** DUMBASS!!!!!!!
http://66.121.188.54/SSVideos/driftvids/

[Modified by 137, 10:13 PM 10/30/2001]
Old 10-30-2001, 09:35 PM
Trial User

wow, you are more easy to manipulate than a microsoft mouse...

yes it is related to racing.... it stemmed from racing sorry

I have seen the vids, nothing too impressive really...

Quick Reply: Best drift car??