Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came!

Thank you to everyone that came and raced, showed, or spectated. We had a great turnout, biggest ever! and we had some real fast cars and some great racing! Congrats to all the winners and I love to see the heart of racers that come out and giving it their best in qualifying. This event is what it is because of all of you! I just spread the word guys!

Thank you,
Jason Miller

World Cup Finals (will be a two-day event next year in 2009!)
Old 11-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the best event of the year jason!! had alot of fun... track was really good too.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (Jason Miller)

What an event! Records were being broken round after round it was hard to keep up! Congrats to Taylor for his win in True Street and a new personal best! Well deserved! Brian Ballard on setting yet another bar for a FWD street car with a 8.96 @ 160! Boner Ben with a new PB, 9.66! I know I'm missing a bunch more but I've been since 5am! Thank you for a great event!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (RaceProfessor)

the event was awesome as it is every year

cant wait for the 2 day version next year

thanks again Jason.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
NooB

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (NAH2B)

where the vids at not piks.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (IT'S ME DAVID)

Jason, I thanked you in the lanes as I was heading out of the event, but I'd like to thank you again. That was THE best event I've ever attended. I don't think I've ever seen that many people at anything besides an NHRA/IHRA race! It was absolutely spectacular! THANKS!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (Jason Miller)

Jason,

When you get them we would love to hear the racer and spectator counts. Thank you so much for putting this race on, it show what a well planned and well marketed race can do even in the trying economic time we are having now.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (Matt2352)

Thanks for putting on the always best event of the year.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (Rhman19)

Sick turnout, so many fast mother[freak]ers! MIR must have pulled in a couple hundred G's $$.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (Mikey3000)

Biggest Street Stock field I've ever seen, great event
Old 11-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (Paul_VR6)

awesome turnout! if i was to guess on spectators maybe 8k-9k. we showed up just before the first qualifier and that was a good thing because after that the line backed all the way to the highway! i heard that some people had to park at the dirt track next door. what i think may have been more impressive was the racer turnout. they were EVERYWHERE! cars were pitted from the lower part of the parking lot to almost the end of the track. every class had at least 20-25 cars trying to qualify.

to jason and everyone at MIR. they are definately doing something right.
-Roger
Old 11-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (E-Town4229)

Are the results posted anywhere yet?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you guys! I am so glad everyone had a good time that means alot to me. I will have full results posted this week on the World Cup Finals website. Yes, the gate will definetley help pay towards the millions of dollars of improvements (new concession stand, new restrooms, new paving, etc..) We needed it. We are just trying to have a nice place for you all to race at.

http://mirworldcupfinals.com

Old 11-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And yes, the fact that the numbers were up from last year, and the biggest ever! (dont have the exact numbers yet, but they were up), that does say something for the event, when most other events are down on racers and fans because of the economy. And the World Cup got even bigger in this economy, WOW!!! Thank you to everyone that spread the word about it, that is why the event keeps growing.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Jason Miller

World Cup Finals (will be a two-day event next year in 2009!)
This would be awesome.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (tricura)

thanks jason, great event. looking forward to next year already.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (tricura)

Awesome event!!! Nice job Jason.
From a spectator standpoint, I have been to every event for the past 5 years and this has been the best. I was amazed at the crowd and the cars.
I'm mad I couldn't stay for the finals.

Can't wait til next year!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (Mattb16teg)

Great event. I brought my kids and they even had a blast! Jason even went out of his way to park us personally(actually i just got lucky and followed him). First time attending and def won't be the last time!!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came! (impound)

I cannot wait until next year. I hope to have my stuff together so I can race. Even if I do not have the car running I will still be there to support.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 AM

Congrats to you Jason on a great event and even greater racing.
I will definately be there again next year.
Javier
D1320Don
PS Congrats to all the winners!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jason Miller)

This is one event that lived up to then exceeded the hype. First time I have attended and it won't be the last. It was like the best of the Outlaw SFWD shootout combined with the best of Orlando Street or another big domestic event. The number of racers was insane. 32 cars tried to qualify for Street Stock and high 20's tried to qualify for All Motor Street. Rest of the classes had similar car counts as well. It was insane - the staging lanes were full with just a couple of classes in them and there were just as many cars still in the pits.

It goes to show what a little promotion and a good set of rules can do. The competition was tight in every class even with rules that allowed almost any car to run.

Make it two days and this even would be out of this world (though it pretty much already is)

to the whole MIR staff for once again putting on a well organized event.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 AM
New User

We had a great time aswhile and did I here that its going to be a 2 day event next year ?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hybrid-Garage)

Yep, 2 day event next year. Jason Miller and MIR have never let us (the racers) down. A top class act. Keep up the good work.

Jason, you have always had my respect and it was my pleasure working with you to get the flyers out and around Harford County. I also believe that you have gained the respect of many others after this event.

Modified by toubaby2 at 11:31 AM 11/10/2008

Modified by toubaby2 at 1:36 PM 11/10/2008
Old 11-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Excellent event! well organized alot of racer's and alot of nice/FAST car's out there! can't wait til '09 WCF!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jason Miller)

Originally Posted by Jason Miller
Yes, the gate will definetley help pay towards the millions of dollars of improvements (new concession stand, new restrooms, new paving, etc..) We needed it. We are just trying to have a nice place for you all to race at.

http://mirworldcupfinals.com
Most of the guys on here would race with just a hot dog stand and a porta-pot at the track, but when you bring friends and family of all ages the new facilities goes a very long way in ensuring they enjoy the day.

Had a awesome time, 30 some cars in street stock was insane, a ton of close racing.

to MIR and staff, what a show

Quick Reply: World Cup Finals a HUGE success! Thank you to everyone that came!