Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

What happened to Bisi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to Bisi?

Won his first round, looked like he had enough to make it to the Semi's at least.

DQ? Breakage?

C_A_T
Old 10-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Trial User

Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (C_A_T)

Dq for illegal vehicle ride height
Old 10-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Lierley Fab

Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (MackSpeed-616)

read the post thank you nhra!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 04:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MackSpeed-616 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dq for illegal vehicle ride height</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mack, enough is enough. You were not even there to know what went on.

Go back to your cave.

Once again:
I am still confused myself.

I received my NHRA license last night, in the mail...and thus desired to put on a good show for Sunday.

After my 1st shakedown pass with Larry Kelley, I was told at the timeslip booth that I was DQ'd for my vehicle being too low: claiming that I flickered the staging lights, and stage with my bumper.

I had officials come to my vehicle and measure properly. After visiting the tower to clear up the issue, I was told that it was the staging official's call to the tower..and that it was FINAL!

You may find this interesting:
1. That round with me, Mr. Kelly was underweight..and was allowed to progress, due to me being DQ'd by the staging official's "eye balling" of my bumper.

2. Other pro cars behind me had the same flickering/redlight problem in the right lane, and were allowed to re-run, when this became obvious. I was not given this luxury.

I am yet to understand the rationale behind this. I had all of my ducks in a row to prevent any problems this weekend, and even ran over weight significantly. I even had my chassis certified before the event: to no avail
Old 10-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he just stated what happened officially even though we all realize it was a BS call. Larry was underweight on the pass-what's worse?

Larry should have been dq'd as well-fair is fair!!!

i am on Bisi's side here!
Old 10-26-2003, 04:53 PM
Trial User

Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (Bisimoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bisimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Mack, enough is enough. </TD></TR></TABLE>

?? I was just stating what happened. You said that is why you were DQd. It probably was BS. Im just saying, thats was their official ruling.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (Bisimoto)

Man, that's some bullsht...
Old 10-26-2003, 05:29 PM
The Old One

Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (CheezeFrog)

Every now and then politics of the lowest level bite in all sanctioning bodies, but in my 40+ years around the sport, NHRA's record of "fixing" bad calls by their officials is abysmal at best.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:30 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (Woofer)

Not to be a dick, but if the car was too low, then whats the confusion? Or whats it have to do with politics? Just wonderin if soemthing else happeend.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (SIXTYdashONE)

There's another full thread on this (started just after I posted this one - I'd delete it if I could). Sounds like the staging lights flickered, so they DQ'd him. But when an official measured later the car was legit. Other cars had the same flicker issue in the same lane and were given a rerun. That's how I understand it right now.

C_A_T
Old 10-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to be a dick, but if the car was too low, then whats the confusion? Or whats it have to do with politics? Just wonderin if soemthing else happeend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its the man.. tryin to hold us down.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah but if a car is also underweight, shouldn't it have also been dq'd? I wasn't there but I'm trying to figure out if a driver was underweight then how in the hell did he get to run at all?
Old 10-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MackSpeed-616 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its the man.. tryin to hold us down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha...your a funny ****** gordon!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (Redlineracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redlineracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah but if a car is also underweight, shouldn't it have also been dq'd? I wasn't there but I'm trying to figure out if a driver was underweight then how in the hell did he get to run at all?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The scale is at the end of the track-after you run.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (Redlineracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redlineracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah but if a car is also underweight, shouldn't it have also been dq'd?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with that 100%. You get weighed after every pass, if you are too light as Kelley was said to be then you are dq'd. Regardless of what happened with Bisi, Kelley should have been dq'd for being too light. I believe BISI saw him weigh in underweight, that is an automatic dq, no questions asked! at least it should have been.

Old 10-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What happened to Bisi? (95GLX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GLX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I agree with that 100%. You get weighed after every pass, if you are too light as Kelley was said to be then you are dq'd. Regardless of what happened with Bisi, Kelley should have been dq'd for being too light. I believe BISI saw him weigh in underweight, that is an automatic dq, no questions asked! at least it should have been.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess we need some kind of input from Jim (Oldguy). As for what happened to Bisi, I think he's handling it very professionally, the people that are talking smack without being there, I guess its like the saying goes, an opinion is like an *******, everyone's got one.
As for weight disqualification, at the Falls Nats at ETown, Medina was dq'd for being 2 lbs underwieght in a 9 car field.

If Bisi gets dq'd for being lower than the 3" min allowed (because a tech measured it by "eye") then Kelly should also be dq'd just the same, even moreso because it was measured by an actual scale.

Greg