Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Tragedy strikes in Tennessee....involving drag car

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: (BlownHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlownHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the whole deal is unfortunate
its nobodys fault thats why they call it an accident</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is one accident that should not have happened. It was preventable.

Next time your out cruising with the guy's and somebody trys to show off. The guy's hits an object or worse a person or even to drive the point home, his car hits you.

Are you going to say oh sorry you hit me and put me in the hospital and now I can't ever walk again.

But that's ok it's was just an accident if you weren't trying to show off it would have never happened. No hard feelings you really didn't plan on hitting me and now I'll never walk again.

I'm sure you'd say thanks to him and tell him what he did was really cool.

This is why street racing is illegal. Things can get out of hand really fast. Things that should have never been permitted to happen in the first place.

Just remember this the next time you think about street racing. You could be in Troy's shoes... is that where you want to live...

Old 03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: (1992Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1992Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is one accident that should not have happened. It was preventable.

Next time your out cruising with the guy's and somebody trys to show off. The guy's hits an object or worse a person or even to drive the point home, his car hits you.

Are you going to say oh sorry you hit me and put me in the hospital and now I can't ever walk again.

But that's ok it's was just an accident if you weren't trying to show off it would have never happened. No hard feelings you really didn't plan on hitting me and now I'll never walk again.

I'm sure you'd say thanks to him and tell him what he did was really cool.

This is why street racing is illegal. Things can get out of hand really fast. Things that should have never been permitted to happen in the first place.

Just remember this the next time you think about street racing. You could be in Troy's shoes... is that where you want to live...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good call Byron. Although I don't think the fines/jail/record would bother me near as much as knowing my stupidity was responsible for the death of 7 people.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, Clayton.

It's tough being a parent and trying to explain that simple fact of life.

I was luck enough to be taught when I was 16 while riding in a 66 Vette, that HP demands respect.

The lesson was, there is a time and a place for everything.