Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Strapping car to trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strapping car to trailer?

What do you guys use to strap your cars to your trailers so they dont dont go bouncing around and fall off? and where do you strap it to? pics would help if anyone has any ...
Old 01-31-2004, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strapping car to trailer? (JDM2ndGen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM2ndGen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do you guys use to strap your cars to your trailers so they dont dont go bouncing around and fall off? and where do you strap it to? pics would help if anyone has any ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

you use ratchet straps and also use the shipping holes located just behind the front tires and in front of the rear tires do not strap to suspension parts because it is harsh on you alignment. you will see the holes they aint hard to find.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Strapping car to trailer? (turbo96wr)

thanks ...where could i find the ratchet strap ? hardware store sporting good store? auto parts store ...etc...
Old 01-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres a pic of how i tow my car. I use come-a-long's (i dont know what the correct name for them is) attatched to the tow hooks and hooked to the trailer. I do close to the same thing in the rear.. I used to use ratchet straps over the tires but i had one come off before so i adopted this method. either way is good, but this way feels more secure. I also hook chains to the car incase one of these breaks or comes loose..
Old 01-31-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Strapping car to trailer? (Group Tenacity)

yea i was thinking about doing that to ...what do you use a chain or something? ...im thinking about doing both .. im goin to have to take off my bumper anyway because i dont think ill make it without taking it off unless i figure something out ...where could i find the ratchet straps?
Old 01-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM2ndGen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks ...where could i find the ratchet strap ? hardware store sporting good store? auto parts store ...etc...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes like lowes or homedepot

p.s. lived and grew up in yonkers 20 yrs highland ave.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:23 PM

word ...i live right off central ave. near nathans ....small word isnt it ...i know i used to go to school with a few people that live on highland ...and i think monday ill take a drive to home depot and see if they got the straps ...
Old 01-31-2004, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They carry them at any trailer shop. you might be able to find them at a auto parts store such as Napa.
I use the come-a-long's attatched to the tow hooks and chains attatched to the car.
Chains should not be the only thing you use to fasten the car to the trailer, they should only be used for safty incase the straps you use break or fail in some way. if chains are the only thing holding the car down, serious damage can be caused to both the car and trailer.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM2ndGen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">word ...i live right off central ave. near nathans ....small word isnt it ...i know i used to go to school with a few people that live on highland ...and i think monday ill take a drive to home depot and see if they got the straps ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

hangging at nathan's back in the 80's bro went to saunders
Old 01-31-2004, 08:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo96wr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hangging at nathan's back in the 80's bro went to saunders</TD></TR></TABLE>lol ...i chill at nathans since i was about 14 years old ...used to get some sick races ...now its basically shut down ...we go to just chill ...i also went to saunders also ...i was in auto ...i was supposed to be working at acura but i dicked over ...also ...where to you hook the chain up to the car and the trailer? ...could i get the chains and ratchet straps all at the trailer store or home depot and etc... or would my best bet be to go and try and find a trailer store?
Old 02-01-2004, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM2ndGen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol ...i chill at nathans since i was about 14 years old ...used to get some sick races ...now its basically shut down ...we go to just chill ...i also went to saunders also ...i was in auto ...i was supposed to be working at acura but i dicked over ...also ...where to you hook the chain up to the car and the trailer? ...could i get the chains and ratchet straps all at the trailer store or home depot and etc... or would my best bet be to go and try and find a trailer store?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you really don't need chains the wide ratchet straps will be enough and the positions are under the car you won't miss the holes just look where i said cool
Old 02-01-2004, 10:38 AM

cool ...i got it ...thanks for the help ...i guess ill go check home depot or Napa is they got them ...if not ill try and find a Trailor Shop around me somewhere ...if anyone knows for sure a place that carrys them ...feel free to let me know ...again thanks for the help