Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Score Card BOTI and NOPI Combined "Garrett vs. Borg Warner"

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (misfertech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your marketing of getting away free turbo is working I give you that. Tony went from being a Garrett user, questioning BW till he got a free one in the mail....I guess getting a 1500 turbo for free or 3 would make someone change for near the same performance.. Since your mentioning Supras, the daddy turbo of the supras is the GT47R from Garrett. Ask Darin from Titan Motorsports why he switched from your turbo to a GT47R?
He'll be at Atco so bring your sponsored supras and see how they fair against his stock
6 speed supra

Modified by misfertech at 11:22 PM 4/23/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>regardless of how much the turbo cost tony im sure he went with the one he felt was going to make him faster...im pretty sure he was never able to go as fast with the garret turbo he was running previously....
i dont understand what your problem is with bullseye turbos but spreading misinformation about the usp evo isnt really the way to handle it...the funny thing about the usp evo is it actually went faster with the s372 then they did with a 4202(s372=9.56 @151(highest trap was 153) vs 9.63 @ 154=4202)...they didnt go 9.35 @153 untill they went to a 70mm turbo....
Old 04-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Score Card BOTI and NOPI Combined "Garrett vs. Borg Warner" (Rogue108)

maybe its just me.....but i love the fact that when im at the racetrack i know "the man" from bw/bullseye is their and more than willing to help in any way he can....if we have questions we can call and speak with him directly as well.

i dont even know who "the man" from garrett is. hell is it even possible to contact garrett directly?

we have been a precision dealer for nearly 6 years and never once have i spoken with Harry on the phone. now that eggum is not around im not expecting to see him at all of the events. very helpful guy when you can speak with him though.

you can put whatever turbo you want into the right guys hands and they will go fast and win races.

on my car i have used numerous garrett, precision, and i now have a bullseye power turbo on the car. in the shop we have recently started using a bunch of the bullseye power turbos with great success. their customer service is great, they always have what we need.....i cant say that about a couple of our other vendors unfortunatly. we havnt had a problem with any of the turbo's we have used from any manufacture other than innovative. we became a dealer with them....placed our first order....and never placed another.

there are WAYYY too many variables for this thread to ever work out the way it was intended.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (misfertech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since your mentioning Supras, the daddy turbo of the supras is the GT47R from Garrett. Ask Darin from Titan Motorsports why he switched from your turbo to a GT47R?
He'll be at Atco so bring your sponsored supras and see how they fair against his stock
6 speed supra
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will ask Darin next time I speak to him. I'm curious myself. Maybe it was misworded but I hope you mean stock transmission? The motor is far from stock obviously

We will be testing a Garrett GT4788R with a similarly size Bullseye unit. We're going to try and test on the same day

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe its just me.....but i love the fact that when im at the racetrack i know "the man" from bw/bullseye is their and more than willing to help in any way he can....if we have questions we can call and speak with him directly as well.

i dont even know who "the man" from garrett is. hell is it even possible to contact garrett directly?

we have been a precision dealer for nearly 6 years and never once have i spoken with Harry on the phone. now that eggum is not around im not expecting to see him at all of the events. very helpful guy when you can speak with him though.

you can put whatever turbo you want into the right guys hands and they will go fast and win races.

on my car i have used numerous garrett, precision, and i now have a bullseye power turbo on the car. in the shop we have recently started using a bunch of the bullseye power turbos with great success. their customer service is great, they always have what we need.....i cant say that about a couple of our other vendors unfortunatly. we havnt had a problem with any of the turbo's we have used from any manufacture other than innovative. we became a dealer with them....placed our first order....and never placed another.

there are WAYYY too many variables for this thread to ever work out the way it was intended.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't say it any better so I wont try I've tuned cars with Bullseye, Garrett, Innovative and other units. I've always used Garrett and Precision turbo's but from what I have seen over the last six months or so I wouldnt hesitate to use Bullseye units on our customer's cars or our own cars. I'm starting to prefer them now due to their performance and customer service

Back to the "Garrett vs Borg Warner"
Old 04-23-2008, 07:47 PM

Default Re: (alpha)

I use mainly Garrett, but have used some BW on customer stuff, It is VERY nice

The s372 filled a class void very nice, makes amazing power and is priced right. When most guys build a car for a 72mm class limit what other choice is there??? Although a 71.xx Gt42R could make things interesting
Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alpha)

I never had any issue with my BW turbo. Last year my turbo size limit was 76mm, the BW S400 was the most reliable turbo I found in that size that still made good power. After the season was over I wanted to switch to a larger turbo to go after the 6-speed record. I knew the Garrett GT 47R was badass and would do what I needed. We had one in stock at Titan so I put it on the car, made great power, broke the record and never had an issue.

Borg Warner and Garrett both make great turbos..

-Darin
Old 04-25-2008, 04:59 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: (Darin D.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Darin D. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never had any issue with my BW turbo. Last year my turbo size limit was 76mm, the BW S400 was the most reliable turbo I found in that size that still made good power. After the season was over I wanted to switch to a larger turbo to go after the 6-speed record. I knew the Garrett GT 47R was badass and would do what I needed. We had one in stock at Titan so I put it on the car, made great power, broke the record and never had an issue.

Borg Warner and Garrett both make great turbos..

-Darin
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hrmmm.... that statement looks a lot like a crow pie for misfertech.... Why is it that you (misfer) can't seem to come on here and be a normal user? You just seem to want to come here and cause controversy and stir up crap. Just do us all a favour and shut up for once.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:25 AM

Default Re: (Clayton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Clayton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hrmmm.... that statement looks a lot like a crow pie for misfertech.... Why is it that you (misfer) can't seem to come on here and be a normal user? You just seem to want to come here and cause controversy and stir up crap. Just do us all a favour and shut up for once.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed I think some of those statements really took this thread off topic for sure..
Old 04-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

XSPOWER TURBOS FTTWWW!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Clayton)

clayton, misfertech is awesome! i take him as an ASSet ...! so back off. lol
Old 04-26-2008, 11:19 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (MrParks)

There are a lot of subliminal messages and undertones in this thread.

I have to say that I agree with Tony1 and others. At this level of competition, a turbo is not just a bolt on. The people with the advanced tech knowledge will go fast no matter what they use. Others will take whatever is on the table.

The stroke, displacement, compression, psi used, cam profile, cam material, crank weight, rod material and weight, type or piston pin used, weight of piston pin, weight of piston, size of bearing, head work used, manifold and throttle body used, downpipe and exhaust, manifold and so on and I have not even mentioned the "brainless" robot drivers that have to pilot these cars on every run.. All these factors along with tires, suspension etc govern how a car will perform...

IPS started their R and D with garrett and the original DC2 driven by Mat Keller. Even though the car is still racing with garrett and IPS parts and setting new milestones for K series powered turbo cars, Borg and Warner is also being tested in a different chassis.

The point of all this is simple. A turbo choice in my opinion cannot make or break a team. If they are good enough, they will find the right combination to work with what they have or can get.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nikos)

Plain and simply Precision Turbos. Gary Gardella 7.27 @214 and 7.30 @ 212