45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

sacramento cmi racers poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: sacramento cmi racers poll

I say we should allow the 4 cylinder AWD cars to run in T4 if they run on DOT tires. No full slicks. It will make the class more fun than just all hondas and acuras. It will definitely fill the class and we can have a full 16 car field. Just my thoughts. What do the rest of the T4 guys think?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1fastsol
I say we should allow the 4 cylinder AWD cars to run in T4 if they run on DOT tires. No full slicks. It will make the class more fun than just all hondas and acuras. It will definitely fill the class and we can have a full 16 car field. Just my thoughts. What do the rest of the T4 guys think?
thats the best idea expand racing, the problem with import racing is this very thing, class speratation. watching fwd race fwd is fun to a degree, you guys need to get the awd involved, which will make the racing more exciting and more spectators will show up!Manufactures wars is ths best, the awd wanna beat up on hondas and the honda guys wanna beat the awd guys as well.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

x2

Mike
Old 12-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Karl Basa-WyldKardz-RedZone Performance- S/P street all motor-Honda Civic si hb B-series
Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

joshua xiong for fast 8 k-series
Old 12-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A fast awd car on street tires still can go faster than than 95% of T4 cars.16 car fields on a one day race is wrong either its alot of rushing and possible hot laping.Once you start changing on things minds well go 26" slicks and water to air.Just thinking out loud.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 PM

i am realy not up for having the awd cars come to ruin the spfwd class. i know there are alot of awd cars out there and i think they could stand on there own and build into a new class but i need to see a showing of people interested! the spfwd class is doing well i'd hate to see it dominated by awd cars who should not be there in the first place but they do deserve a place to race! and i have allowed the 26 inch tire in the spfwd class because there are alot of car being set up for the class and alot of new transmission options that should bring the west coast guys #'s alot of promise! i am looking into piggy backing a outlaw race into one of our events this year for t/4 spfwd this year! 500$ buy in and see who intersested?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:24 PM

also guys i need your info for your cars some of the poll info vs car count is not matching!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You've got me already Chad, but I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for spear-heading a lot of the "nitty gritty", which often gets overlooked in putting events together. Happy Holidays Everyone and be safe. - Andrew
Old 12-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are any of these events gonna be 2 day events? I would be interested to attend one of these.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 PM

i was hopeing so but unfortuneatley not as of now but i am working on tony for one whick would be the outlaw date!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: awd drive cars can only run in quick class

Originally Posted by A train
the car you saw running awd was in quick class! when you did see it run it was running against all motor pro or pro quick 8 class! i do the rules and thats the way its always been! we had an issue last year with someone trying to do that!

i would be willing to talk to tony about having a awd class if there was an interest but there would only be a jackpot style payout and some certain rules! shoe me an interest and i will talk to tony about it!
I have been hanging out with the Quick class for a while now Chad.

I believe an AWD car with street tires slipped into the T4 class, as well as a white EVO. They were both DQ'd for failing to comply with tech later on in the day, so it wasn't an issue.

For the sake of consistency, us AWD guys should really follow the BOTI rules and class specs as close as we can. Sure it would make tech a bit more strict, but if we can keep one unsafe car off the track. We could have possibly saved an hours worth of track clean up, and downtime. I'm sure this is being put into consideration elsewhere as well.

On a local track level, the T4 class seems like something us AWD guys would have fun dipping our toes into. It would also bring a small can of worms to the table if the rules are not set forth. As a little guy (you know garage built/ self funded), It's very hard to compete with the cars in the pro classes. Even though it is still fun racing against some of those cars, the thrill of bringing something home seems a bit farther to reach. I know, I know...STEP Y0 GAME UPZ@!

Anywho, I believe AWD on a drag radial (no cheater slicks) would be as fair as it can be to everyone in T4. I would lean more towards a weight limit in lieu of full glass mainly because us AWD guys are on the heavier side (no pun intended). This is if you decide to put us AWD folk in there. Regardless, I would still participate at Sac events. You know me.

Ted Marquez HiRevperformance.net 92 Eagle Talon AWD / Class???
Old 12-22-2008, 09:55 PM

you guys really do deserve a place to race and i do want to have a class for you but i would like to see an awd class, there are im sure at least 20 cars in cali who would love to compeate in this type of class. were could we draw interest? other awd forums directed to this thread word of mouth and ? i need help ill do the work just give me the places to look! T4 class is full of cars and is great competition id hate to see it become a joke!

Last edited by A train; 12-22-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by A train
you guys really do deserve a place to race and i do want to have a class for you but i would like to see an awd class, there are im sure at least 20 cars in cali who would love to compeate in this type of class. were could we draw interest? other awd forums directed to this thread word of mouth and ? i need help ill do the work just give me the places to look! T4 class is full of cars and is great competition id hate to see it become a joke!
On it. I would post a few more topics out there on the suby, and audi forums but xmas is killing me. I gotta drive a big brown truck tomorrow and deliver packages. I'll be on this thread often though.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/west-re...ut-wanted.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/norc...#post151706100
Old 12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 90 Mitsubishi Eclipse AWD and would like to attend some of the CMI events this upcoming season. I agree with prior comments that we should lean towards BOTI street tuner class rules, as that class has been around a few years and has proven to be a fun and competetive class.

Like Ted said, it is very tough for us street driven awd owners to compete in classes with pros, and making us do so would deter us from entering the event. So take that into consideration when designating classes.

Edwin Pho, 90 Mitsubishi Eclipse AWD
Old 12-23-2008, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

vang ly, Lunatic Street Racers 92 hatch b series t4
Old 12-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Andre Terzyan-93 Civic Si-B series T4/SPWD

wont be there for the first 2 but will be there for the rest!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fernie nicolas-Fnwerkz- sfwd -98 civic-bs-eries
Old 12-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Throw me in the mix. Should be there by March 8th.
Paul Jackson s/p / all motor street 93 civic hatch - F2B

Last edited by pjhatchin; 12-25-2008 at 09:47 AM. Reason: forgot to add civic
Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 PM

I'd like to run whichever class allows AWD turbo cars. Just looking at the class names, I can't tell which class that'll be. Any help here?
Old 12-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they are currently trying to get enough awd cars to possibly make a class for you guys
so tell all your awd buddies
Old 12-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Chad, you are putting a 72mm comp wheel limit on the AWD class? Per BOTI rules, there isn't a limit on the comp wheel of the turbo?? Am I missing something, or is there an update on the street tuner class for BOTI? That would limit us to a 4294R turbo, which is fine with me. But I know of one other AWD/EVO guy going bigger.

Or are you looking ahead on things, as far as possibly combining classes incase of low participation?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:29 PM

yes possibly but im noy going to ask you guys to change your turbo's either we will find out what the class looks like then we will move forward thats just tenitive typr ruleings
Old 12-26-2008, 12:40 PM

looks like Garcia Racing will be joining the SFWD class this year. We will be starting the car soon. My goal is to have it out by June..... We'll see how the money is.... Count me in Chad...

Aaron Garcia - Garcia Racing - EG w/ a B-series.....
Old 12-28-2008, 06:44 PM

what about guys like brian bridges, eric del resario, ricky, i know there are more Q8-hot rod cars out there Joe from svp? we are thinking about for the 2 pro classes charging 100$ for entry to boost the payout would that keep anyone from raceing the classes?
100% of each entry fee would go to the payouts for these classes and some extra money from the track! this would bring the payouts for these classes depending on participation back up over 1000$ hopefully we can get more cars to start traveling again from up north and down south since gas has gone down so much! just for the record my last trip to las angeles was only 180$ for gas both ways towing a 1 car enclosed trailer and with my navigator (gas hog) doing the towing!

Quick Reply: sacramento cmi racers poll