Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

respect the og na drag racers!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: respect the og na drag racers! (Skunk2Tony)

Those pics make me remember when i dreamed of have a semi fast all motor car. Those are the guys that inspired me.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Skunk2Tony)

My brother "DIRTY" Mike vs. Roger
Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bisimoto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bisimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A magazine needs to bring that "nature lovers" style article back...and updated...that would be sick with all the times people run nowadays!

Thanks for the grave dig, Soch.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i totally agree!
and yeah....these pics everybodys posting up are sure bringing back old school lacr boti memories. good times then and nice to see good progression in the na classes! man...i really gotta get off my *** and convert some of my old 8mm tapes to dvd...lots of old pre 2000 races.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SIXTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My brother "DIRTY" Mike vs. Roger
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Engle cams in the background... Ground my first cam there when i was 8 years old.... Air cooled VW W110

Modified by SOHCinWA at 7:46 PM 12/13/2007
Old 12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My brother "DIRTY" Mike vs. Roger
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What was the setup on that one? I remember racing a car like that at the Compton races. I know it could be anyone, but just wondering.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ExospeedAMcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What was the setup on that one? I remember racing a car like that at the Compton races. I know it could be anyone, but just wondering.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it was a ZC dual cam in the dirty crx... you probably did run it he was at the street races too... i remember when we used to run you with our single cam crx.... we went 13.20's completely stock block, DC cheap *** header!, head milled to death and a mild cam. motor ran so damn hard for a stock 1.6 single cam!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: respect the og na drag racers! (soch naungayan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soch naungayan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

soch</TD></TR></TABLE>

have this issue in my downstairs restroom under the maxim mags. I check it out every time i make tuckie. LOL! I was 14 when this issue came out.

my brother ( LJ MAGBUAL " surf -Tin trinityboard shop " 12.63 @ 108 91 crx 1.8 motor )
on the NA roll call list

memories.. !!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I always loved Rogers CRX. I have a video of the CRX in the waterbox heating up the slicks and that **** was so loud that the cameras internals vibrated and you could see it on the screen. I wil try to get it posted. At the time there wasnt really any digital cameras so I will need to convert it from HI8 to digital. Anyone know how to do this ?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h22crxpwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What was the setup on that one? I remember racing a car like that at the Compton races. I know it could be anyone, but just wondering.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22crxpwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it was a ZC dual cam in the dirty crx... you probably did run it he was at the street races too... i remember when we used to run you with our single cam crx.... we went 13.20's completely stock block, DC cheap *** header!, head milled to death and a mild cam. motor ran so damn hard for a stock 1.6 single cam!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like he said it was a zc, and you probably did run it. After the zc we ran a few different ls-v set-ups.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Like he said it was a zc, and you probably did run it. After the zc we ran a few different ls-v set-ups.</TD></TR></TABLE>

TTT for 2008 race season!!! OG racers!
Old 12-14-2007, 05:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (h22crxpwr)

I remember "Turbo Joe" Had an 87 CRX with an HKS turbo on it and you couldnt tell it was there... Beat Archie twice one night on Anna street... Damn!!!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHCinWA)

taking it back old school, nice trip down memory lane
tony i love that dc, glad you guys have kept it for all these years..
Old 12-19-2007, 07:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skunk2Tony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just found some more great memories shots...

Jay Yuson @ Pomona

12.24 to 12.27...still one of my favorites races of all time. Rodney should still have some in car footage from this race

Sacramento parking lot

Omni in the drivers seat lol

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damm tony... i miss those days!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: respect the og na drag racers! (1FSTNDN)

THATS FUNNY.....THOSE ARE OG PICS...I GUESS I NEED TO DIG OUT ALL THOSE OLD PICS I GOT IN THE GARAGE..... YOU GUYS ARE SHOWING OUR AGE LOL!!!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: respect the og na drag racers! (BJ Team 400m)

man..... blast from the past , those pics are classic, whats up to all happy holidays what up big jeezy fo sheezy, what up bisi
Old 12-25-2007, 11:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I remember when Fuchs had just a Toyota 4 Runner.. He could barely get up a driveway towing his car..... One time we had to help push.... Holy crap. Those were the days....
Old 12-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: respect the og na drag racers! (soch naungayan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soch naungayan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> found this in my storage unit today. i thought i lost it....but i feel this was a very important article for the NA drag racers. especially for all the noobs here who have no idea...if u guys want ill put up the whole article.

soch</TD></TR></TABLE>

I remember this as well. I grew up with shagday back in the day. Street racing and stuff. O.G. mag
Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHCinWA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHCinWA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Engle cams in the background... Ground my first cam there when i was 8 years old.... Air cooled VW W110

Modified by SOHCinWA at 7:46 PM 12/13/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol my bug enjoys the 110 too!, lol yeah i know , they said it wont work good with a 1500cc aircooled motor.. oh well.. its plentyfast aahaha
Old 01-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm right here Tony!!!

I've been laid up at the house for a little while due to a broke neck as a result of a massive big-off on my KTM950ADV dirt bike, yes, a 950 DIRT BIKE! I went down during a three day 500+mile off-road ride from Palmdale-Barstow-Vegas and back in the desert during '07Thanksgiving weekend. Went down on the last day on the way home from the event in Baker, in a dry-lake bed.

You can read the story here:
KTM 950ADV - Big OFF & HOT NEW LOOK!!! http://www.advrider.com/forums...94654

I was at our HPI Racing RC Drift Challenge this past weekend and this kid spotted my name tag and said that you guys where looking for me on honda-tech. I asked him if he was sure it was me they were inquiring about and he said yea, TMR! I kinda' made a rude comment like, "you are not old enough to know about TMR!" But he corrected me to the fact that he was 14 when he first came across TMR. Needless to say I was stoked! I gave him my card and he sent me the link. Thank you JOE

Funny thing, I posted all the TMRm'zine covers [on page three] of this link just a couple of weeks ago!!! Peep it: https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
Old 01-26-2008, 12:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: respect the og na drag racers! (ToyMachineRacing)

Hell Yeah!!!! The man is back... Hot Rod whats up???? Hope you are recovering nicely and maybe even see you cameo-ing at the track some time....
Old 01-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ToyMachineRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I was at our HPI Racing RC Drift Challenge this past weekend and this kid spotted my name tag and said that you guys where looking for me on honda-tech. I asked him if he was sure it was me they were inquiring about and he said yea, TMR! I kinda' made a rude comment like, "you are not old enough to know about TMR!" But he corrected me to the fact that he was 14 when he first came across TMR. Needless to say I was stoked! I gave him my card and he sent me the link. Thank you JOE
</TD></TR></TABLE>
You got it Rodney! told ya' they were lookin' for you!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow the man himself. While I don't have all the mags like some, and I missed the eadrly pocket sized days, I gotta say I loved the mag from the first issue I saw. Yours was one of the only mags I have seen that covered cool cars no matter what make or how popular they might be. Hell you even managed to feature a couple of vw's as well. The Bragging rights list was one of the best parts and was just one example of how you guys had your thumb on the pulse of the scene. To this day whenever I see a "fastest" list or a race ladder posted I can't help but think of the mag.

Best of luck on your recovery. If you ever get sick of the dirt world I know there are a bunch of us that would LOVE to see the mag back out.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Having a TMR mag come back would be awesome... But Rodney did it all from his apartment garage basically all by himself... Rodney was always willing to show up to an event or even just a test n tune, if someone was getting ready to break a record..... IMO Rodney is King of the magazines.... It didnt matter where you were. He would fly, swim, jump, or do whatever he could do to be there to see a record broken so that he could publish it as fast as he could...