Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes?

Is the billet bell housing Liberty tranny allowed to be used in BOTI S/C, CMI T4 and other equivalent SFWD classes?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (Boosteddb8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosteddb8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the billet bell housing Liberty tranny allowed to be used in BOTI S/C, CMI T4 and other equivalent SFWD classes?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can use it for CMI T4......
Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (rota92)

i think we can work something out... dont quote me on that though.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (MrParks)

nice sig
Old 07-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (Boosteddb8)

If the bell housing is questionable in BOTI rules then it will be questionable at CMI because CMI goes by BOTI rules.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (slrh22hatch)

It would disappointing to invest the extra money and not be able to race
That bell housing looks so sweet though and im sure it would hold up better than a modded stock housing
Old 07-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (rota92)

i cant see why anyone would make something illegal that would keep a car running a lot longer and keeping the car counts up. I know its rare to break the bell housing but damn. This sport suffers to much already from racer downtime. It doesn't give you a speed edge.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.battleoftheimports....s.php

Read the rules.

Driveline and transmission.

Say's nothing about aftermarket bell housings.

But you must retain OEM driveline configuration, to me that means OEM layout. Guys run aftermaket axles and there ok.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (1992Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1992Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.battleoftheimports....s.php

Read the rules.

But you must retain OEM driveline configuration, to me that means OEM layout. Guys run aftermaket axles and there ok.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya thats what I was thinking.

Is anyone out there running this trans in either CMI t4 or BOTI s/c?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:39 PM

i will allow that housing for cmi if anyone has any objections please pm me! i would rather see a car out the racing than another car killing a transmission pissing all over the track!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (A train)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by A train &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i will allow that housing for cmi if anyone has any objections please pm me! i would rather see a car out the racing than another car killing a transmission pissing all over the track!</TD></TR></TABLE>that's the spirit!! It's better to be safe than sorry
Old 07-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (A train)

thats only for cmi though!
Old 07-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

\<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by A train &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i will allow that housing for cmi if anyone has any objections please pm me! i would rather see a car out the racing than another car killing a transmission pissing all over the track!</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds good just waiting for more info from boti
Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone running this trans???
Old 07-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosteddb8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone running this trans???</TD></TR></TABLE>

we have one in each of the hotrod cars we occasionally run.

i dont think many sfwd cars have a billet bellhousing.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (DaveF)

the bell housing was not legal for spfwd which is why im sure nobody is using it in the street class's..... i think we all have high hopes and dreams to have spfwd again one day lol

that and its crazy expensive!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosteddb8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone running this trans???</TD></TR></TABLE>

This thread is about the bell housing not the transmission.

read the rule book.

TRANSMISSION, MANUAL:
Transmission must be from the same manufacturer.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1992Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.battleoftheimports....s.php

Read the rules.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the bell housing was not legal for spfwd which is why im sure nobody is using it in the street class's..... i think we all have high hopes and dreams to have spfwd again one day lol

that and its crazy expensive!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Heheh I know what you mean Joe...I was pondering the other day that the "SFWD" Class doesnt even seem to be a "street car" class anymore. I think they should consider moving the existing Hot Rod cars into the ProFWD since there are very few hotrod cars anyways and move us "sfwd" cars into a hot rod class...I mean that's what it seems like anyways right? Exhausts coming out the hood and stuff doesnt seem very street class
Old 07-22-2008, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (Hybrid-Performance.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid-Performance.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think they should consider moving the existing Hot Rod cars into the ProFWD since there are very few hotrod cars anyways and move us "sfwd" cars into a hot rod class...I mean that's what it seems like anyways right? Exhausts coming out the hood and stuff doesnt seem very street class </TD></TR></TABLE>

For the few of us building a Hot Rod car, I would not like to see that happen.

Lets not highjack this thread.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (Turbo-charged)

i was just talking with steve about these crazy expensive sfwd cars. i think you guys should move into hotrod class ! (tony, joe, miller, pretty much all of these sfwd cars are "baby" hotrods, hell some of ya's have more expensive setups then some of the currently running hotrod cars. progression is just insane
Old 07-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes? (DaveF)

i'll be the first one to admit the class has gotten out of hand LOL

so about those billet bell housings..... haha
Old 07-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was just talking with steve about these crazy expensive sfwd cars. i think you guys should move into hotrod class ! (tony, joe, miller, pretty much all of these sfwd cars are "baby" hotrods, hell some of ya's have more expensive setups then some of the currently running hotrod cars. progression is just insane </TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed, i have been saying it since the rules were released it is WAY out of reach for most....

so again how bout them billet thingy's lol
Old 07-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
so about those billet bell housings..... haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

pocket change
Old 07-22-2008, 06:37 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was just talking with steve about these crazy expensive sfwd cars. i think you guys should move into hotrod class ! (tony, joe, miller, pretty much all of these sfwd cars are "baby" hotrods, hell some of ya's have more expensive setups then some of the currently running hotrod cars. progression is just insane </TD></TR></TABLE>

i hear you but i still like the thought that my car is still a street car -- not necessarily that streetable but a "street" car nonetheless
Old 07-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yo my **** is still a street car

Quick Reply: Question of Liberty's billet bell housing for SFWD type classes?