Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris...

I noticed how you locked the thread,"to all the real street racers u know who u r". i was wondering why you did that? I know how some H-T.com members are very Anti-Street racing, but i think this is one forum of H-T that can not discriminate against street racing. Drag Racing takes place on the streets as well as actual tracks. Street racing is a sub-culture that spawned many of the top dogs in todays racing circuits. It would be a lot better to allow streetracing topics on this forum instead of just shunning it and having this out of sight, out of mind approach to it. Majority of the members who post in this forum arent immature 17yr old kids who go to the "weekly gatherings of what looks like a F&F shoot" anyway, so i dont think it should be treated as so. Besides...the races that do take place are in secluded industrial areas most of the time during the wee hours of the night where there are no signs or traffic or any other forms of exsitence, so in all actuality it can be dubbed for an acutal track. i think others will agree with me on this one and can you let there be chit chat about streetracing. If we deny the topic of acutal streetracing...its like denying the roots of what this forum is all about. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (ian)

Isn't this what the kills forum is for?

Brian
Old 01-15-2003, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (Brian*Black99Si)

DRAG RACING IS NOT STREET RACING.
Street racing is way to dangerous to promote on H-T, plus it's illegal.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (ian)

I noticed how you locked the thread,"to all the real street racers u know who u r". i was wondering why you did that? I know how some H-T.com members are very Anti-Street racing, but i think this is one forum of H-T that can not discriminate against street racing. Drag Racing takes place on the streets as well as actual tracks. Street racing is a sub-culture that spawned many of the top dogs in todays racing circuits. It would be a lot better to allow streetracing topics on this forum instead of just shunning it and having this out of sight, out of mind approach to it. Majority of the members who post in this forum arent immature 17yr old kids who go to the "weekly gatherings of what looks like a F&F shoot" anyway, so i dont think it should be treated as so. Besides...the races that do take place are in secluded industrial areas most of the time during the wee hours of the night where there are no signs or traffic or any other forms of exsitence, so in all actuality it can be dubbed for an acutal track. i think others will agree with me on this one and can you let there be chit chat about streetracing. If we deny the topic of acutal streetracing...its like denying the roots of what this forum is all about. Thanks for your time.
I agree.
I don't think he is promoting street racing or condoning, just asking that it can be talked about.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (earl)

I don't know what Street Racign should be talked about on the Drag Racing forum.

Sure, if you wanna apply some of the knowledge you learn at the track on the street...I don't care. There is really no reason to talk about street racing here.

Here's an example of what's 'ok' and what's not.

"What the best traction compound?"

That's an ok question...

"What can I use to hookup better when I'm streetracing"

That's a question that is frowned upon, and may be locked. You see though, you can get your questions answered without bringing the topic into it though.

Suprdave
Old 01-15-2003, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (earl)

I agree with Earl, for obvious reasons. Street racing belongs in Kill Stories, or perhaps change that forum name to Street Racing, call it what it is. A new forum name might also drive home the idea that street racing should never be confused with organized drag racing. At the same time it supports Ian's comments that it's real, and yes, many of today's stars (and yesterday's stars, for that matter) started off street racing. But it definitely should NOT be handled under Drag Racing.

By the way Ian, many of the news stories about injury and death from street racing come from "deserted industrial areas where there are no signs or traffic or other forms of existence." You've just been lucky so far. I've buried friends who were not so lucky.

My 2 cents.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (All Motor Rex)

i cant believe u locked my **** up h-t, u got to ask yourself where did "drag racing" come from? all of it started on the street. they had no tracks back in the day. and even if they got tracks now its just a way of life. ive seen alot of stupid **** go on at the races but never between real racers ive been in races with 60-70 year old men that been doing this all there life u think by u not letting people post about street racing is gonna help or prevent it going on or even slow it down. theres always gonna be dumb ***** out there acting stupid and getting busted and having accidents it just depends on who u r and how responsable u r and u cant control that. hey brother i dont even know who u r are how u take this forum but one things for sure your not god. so dont try to act like it. what if someone put restrictions on u and told u, u cant go out of the house cause its DANGEROUS" out there and u could get arrested for driving over the speed limit and kept u locked up in your house u would tell them to **** off. "right" so all im saying is everybody should have the freedom to say what they like even if its your site u knew this in the beginning dogg so why start up a site if people cant say what they like.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (infinite)

where do u think DRAGRACING came from? the STREETS kidd
Old 01-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (infinite)

Deal with the lock...
Old 01-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question for the Drag Forum Moderator, Chris... (Arturbo)

Hehe, I can post in locked threads so I get the last word. NHRA was founded in the early 50's to combat street racing. Don't think you were alive then. Just because the import crowd found out about street racing in the last 15 years doesn't make it right.