Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Power Rev Racing 3.0 V6 TURBO Drag Civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 03:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a pretty badass project!!! Good luck with it. Also, pics of the Modena???
Old 09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: (Blanket Jackson)

Wow - Looks impressive. Props for something you definately don't see everyday.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power Rev Racing 3.0 V6 TURBO Drag Civic (M.A.R.C.)

If I didnt know any better I'd say it is......him
Old 09-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power Rev Racing 3.0 V6 TURBO Drag Civic (rainmanef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I didnt know any better I'd say it is......him</TD></TR></TABLE>

he drives a nissan! what does he know bout workin' on honduh's
Old 09-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hardt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hardt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those blocks are capable of going as big as 4.4 or so. 98mm bore spacing and enough deck height to go pretty big on the stroke. The only downside to the J30's would be the heads. They have tiny little intake valve which happen to be the same diameter as the exhaust valves. Id highly recomend going to CL Type S Heads with 36mm intake valves in stock form and an increase in flow of around 50 cfm over the stock J30 heads. The valve angles are perfect for large valves as well. I see no reason why you wouldnt be able to run a 38mm intake valve in the J32 heads, even with large cams you should still be fine with clearance.

The only downside I see with the J family is the lack of R&D and available info in general. If thats not an issue for you than your on your way. When done right, these V6's are plenty capable of 400+WHP NA with un real torque capabilities in comparison to an average 4 cylinder, even more so with a FI aplication. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Would it be capable of that hp allmotor without the benefit of a header. I dont think you could port them out opitmally the way they are. How are the nsx heads designed are they different. If they use the same design i could see 400 but if not i doubt it. Has anyone done 400 in an accord. Im all for hope as i would like to do this in my teg . I was thinking a good 300 whp and another 150 of nitrous oxide and id be real happy.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Re: (vtecmissle)

The J30 heads off of the accord have the manifold cast into them, the J32 heads do not. The j32 Type S heads are the heads of choice by far.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 PM

Default Re: (vtecmissle)

Serban FTW!!!! :D
Old 09-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GoFastDepot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoFastDepot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Serban FTW!!!! :D</TD></TR></TABLE>

gnome &gt; ogre
Old 09-05-2006, 06:27 AM

Default Re: (M.A.R.C.)

Maybe in a world of make belief!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Re: (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pics of the turbo manifold should be intresting...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will try and post up a good close up picture of the manifold tommrrow.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so how many people said it wouldnt fit? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Whats funny is I just seen a post last week about someone asking if its possible to fit this motor in a civic. And someone replied. Are you crazy. Its to F*#king big

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerofdreams8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the weight difference between the B-series and J-series engine/tranny?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know the weight difference. Just know the tq #'s are hugely different

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M.A.R.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

he drives a nissan! what does he know bout workin' on honduh's</TD></TR></TABLE>

He just likes to come and watch. Get in pictures, and talk $hit the whole time lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blanket Jackson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks like a pretty badass project!!! Good luck with it. Also, pics of the Modena???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry no pics of the Modena as its not my car
Old 09-05-2006, 10:17 AM
jep

this is nuts...lol. This looks like a real involved project. Ive always wanted to know whats the biggest motor that can fit in my CRX...well there you go...lol.

I think u guys should develop a swap kit (mounts, axles, etc) I know Id be interested.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Re: (jep)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is nuts...lol. This looks like a real involved project. Ive always wanted to know whats the biggest motor that can fit in my CRX...well there you go...lol.

I think u guys should develop a swap kit (mounts, axles, etc) I know Id be interested.</TD></TR></TABLE>

To be honest. If i was to come out with a swap kit. It will not be for the novice, as it will most likely not be a bolt on thing. There is a some notching and little cutting that needs to be done to fit motor in the car.
Crossmember and factory radiator dont fit either
Old 09-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Power Rev Racing)

dont get me wrong, that is a VERY impressive setup, but with all of that custom work, why not put the bitch in the back.

Instead of traction problemes, it would be wheelie bar strength.

Whats the planned HP?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:07 PM

Default Re: (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont get me wrong, that is a VERY impressive setup, but with all of that custom work, why not put the bitch in the back.

Instead of traction problemes, it would be wheelie bar strength.

Whats the planned HP?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well putting a motor in the back poses alot of problems with running at the track. Alot of rule issues to deal with. Right now i am going to be runing in Quick 16 while i continue to build the car, but the goal for the car is Pro FWD. Thats the reason behind staying fwd. Car is built for a specific class.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

gotcha, but whats the planned HP ur going for, and torque of course?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Power Rev Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I dont know the weight difference. Just know the tq #'s are hugely different </TD></TR></TABLE>

How is the added TQ going to help in a FWD car without traction to begin with?
Old 09-05-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Re: (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gotcha, but whats the planned HP ur going for, and torque of course?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really dont't know what to expect.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How is the added TQ going to help in a FWD car without traction to begin with?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Traction will be an issue, but i plan to run really good suspension, and wheelie bars
Old 09-05-2006, 02:04 PM

u need to move that slow car so i can see the REAL MACHINE parked behind it...`=P

joke...good luck with the car
Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hardt)

The motor is not that big it weighs 300lbs without tranny its a 60 degree's its really narrow and (3 cylinders wide!! ) I remember you powerev asking me about a V6 into Civic's. Pm me about stroking it to 3.5 (very cheap $350 range and getting ready made pistons and rods (JE & pauter). TL/CL are the ones that come with the LSD in it but I think you can stick a B-series LSD in there.

k20 What ? Cant fawk with a big ole SOHC! .

Oh and I weighed it *no transmission .
Old 09-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chingro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chingro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u need to move that slow car so i can see the REAL MACHINE parked behind it...`=P

joke...good luck with the car</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're the only slow one round these parts...

car's done... i'm callin you out... you and daryl
Old 09-06-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: (M.A.R.C.)

Stock Internals? Just curious why you picked the new accord motor over the j32a2(cl/tl type s motor with cl-s 6 speed transmission). I believe that motor has forged rods and crank from what I was told. Anyway, congrats on the swap. Good luck with the turbo setup.

Modified by BoostedTL at 4:11 PM 9/6/2006
Old 09-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They dont have forged rods. Just the crank.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:14 PM
B*A*N*N*E*D

Default Re: Power Rev Racing 3.0 V6 TURBO Drag Civic (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i want pics of that ferrari in the back.........detailed ones.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

me too

and i call photoshop til i see a massive cowl or scoop on the hood.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power Rev Racing 3.0 V6 TURBO Drag Civic (Ken Peak)

Damn Sean. I did not know you were ready to make it public. Looks really good. I'll get down there one day for a photoshoot when it is done.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Power Rev Racing 3.0 V6 TURBO Drag Civic (Power Rev Racing)

Nice job guys.

I'm real interested in hearing about the engine mods
you guys are going to do, cuz it's all applicable -
I have an 05 Accord 6MT!

Low 12's High 11s easy I think. What are you
folks expecting?

Modified by papiowhisperer at 8:27 AM 9/7/2006

Quick Reply: Power Rev Racing 3.0 V6 TURBO Drag Civic