Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Old School Pics of FL racing late 90's

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Old School Pics of FL racing late 90's

Originally Posted by Speedfab
This car is a hell of a lot faster now, lol.

You should post up some pics of your bug from back then Tracy.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:51 AM
New User

www.rx7s.com has alot of old school pics too..
Old 12-02-2009, 12:51 PM
New User

Originally Posted by Dwight @ Stage6
You should post up some pics of your bug from back then Tracy.
I'll see if I have any. I remember that day I had signed up for "power 4" or something like that, and everything was fine 'til I ran a 10.34 and nothing else in that class was faster than low 12s. They suddenly started coming up with all sorts of extra rules that weren't on the flyer, and I had to run the Quick 16 class. Even then a couple of THOSE people bitched. That was the last import event I took that car to, it was kind of crappy the way they handled things.

Funny to think about how fast some of those cars got within just a couple years. I do remember Eddie Bello being very cool about the whole thing, and his car was only running high 10s or so at that event. He BS'ed with me for a while that day. So was Vinny with the blue Supra, and he was only Vinny Eleven then, lol.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:54 PM
GDD Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by druidesque
For the guy asking about E. Bello...

He had some legal trouble...prosecutor in white plains was jeanine pirro...who later ran against hillary clinton unsuccessfully...but he's still running the porsche...has gone 220+mph in the same car.

I know someone who used to know him indirectly...have always kinda wished him well through all of his troubles...especially since he's so talented at building fast cars.

link: http://cbsnewyork.com/StoryFolder/story_085181937_html
i remember that very clearly. word of mouth was he was in jail, so i searched and found that out.

i know he's back, and with more power.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Killer_B
Here's an old pic I saved a long time ago.

I also remember when the Urbanracer site was first started. It was the 2nd place I'd go when I needed parts. Some guys I knew in Jersey where my #1 source... lol

Who's car was this and how did it do?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

E. bello is sitll around hes mad a few events down here this year with his new setup
Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow... This thread brings back some good memories.... Spec R Tuning... Miami Subs... CLASSIC!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:38 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastEg6
Who's car was this and how did it do?
DRT in NYC.. Car didnt do that great, but it was pretty cool to watch as a youngster.. lol... went like mid to high 9's at best..

Old 12-03-2009, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Regarding Bello, it took me many many days but I got some info from his side of the story, get some popcorn this is a huge post BUT is from the horses mouth.

Eddie Bello – My Story to Set the Record Straight

Topgun's cousin, Tommy's cousin, reached out to me at Bello Tec to build a twin turbo charged Porsche, Tommy brought in the car and I gave him a price of $16k for the entire job. All of which included a custom fabbed intercooler, two 60-1 turbos with a .63 AR and stage 5 wheel, two 40mm Tial waste gates, custom fabbed exhaust manifold, custom fabbed exhaust system, Carrera intake manifold, six injectors, custom fabbed fuel rail, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, intake filters, Haltech F9 fuel computer, MSD ignition, intercooler plumbing, camshafts, valve springs, titanium retainers, and rod bolts.

The motor came in to me as 3.5 liter, I disassembled it, put new piston rings in, put in ARP rod bolts, brand new bearings, reassembled and resealed it. I charged him $16k including labor for everything. What he actually paid me on the other hand was $13k after all was said and done. I guaranteed him that the car would have 600rwhp, instead the car made 650rwhp, which his cousin was also there to witness the power.

The car came to me with a 5 speed transmission, converted by another shop, that won't be mentioned. Tommy knows who did the actual job. They are also the same shop that did the motor conversion for him.

Several months later after he took his car, he calls me and tells me the motor is making a ticking noise. I told him to bring the car back to me and I'd check it out. It ended up being that it had a slight rod knock. I told him that we needed to fix this now before any further damage were to occur. I took the motor apart, and sent the crank out to get repaired, he decided to make his car a slant nose, so since there was a body shop next door we sent the car over there to get the conversion done. His motor was sitting on top of my work bench, completely disassembled waiting for the crank to get back. I only had two transmissions in the shop, a shortened housing G50 from Tommy's car, and a '94 3.6 Turbo transmission, which anyone that knows anything about Porsche transmissions knows that one is significantly longer than the other. That turbo transmission belonged to the motor next to it, a 3.6 twin turbo motor that I was building. Those were the only two transmissions I had in the entire shop, I had four different motors from different clients in the shop. One was my brother in laws, since I let him build up the motor at my shop, just to have a place to work on it. A friend of mine named Frankie which I was helping him out also had his motor there. And I had Johnny's motor, a 3.6, and finally Tommy's motor which was the 3.5l. I received a phone call from a guy in Dubai, and told me a client of his would an entire car built by me to be sent there.

I decided to clean up the entire shop, paint the floors over, so I could be prepared and the shop to look presentable for when the guy comes in on Monday. On Friday when I was painting and cleaning up the shop, I was dumping out the garbage and while I was outside there was a huge commotion, a massive group of police officers at the shop four down from mine. I paid no mind to it and kept doing what I was doing. Finding out later that the owner of that shop was involved in a big mess of Audi's getting stolen and stripped. I don't know all of the details nor would I like to know. The police decided to go from shop to shop, checking everything out. Now remember, my shop is four shops away from the one being raided. They went to a taxi shop, then went to Bobby's shop, they gave him **** since he didn't have a business license yet, and then they finally came to my shop. They asked me if they could come in and I happily said sure, they asked me for my business license and I just handed over my Federal ID number, since I didn't have a state license. I explained to him that I did only fabrication work. After we finished discussing all of that, he began to tell me how he was an ex BMW technician, and was asking me what I exactly did and telling me how he was really impressed with all of the stuff he saw there. This clarifies one of the biggest lies I've read on here, my shop was NEVER raided like people have said, I let them in and we just talked.

A half hour later one of the police officers comes back to my shop and asks me to go over to Tony's shop. I closed up my shop and walked over with him. I saw that all the store owners were sitting there as well. An hour went by and they take me back out and hand me a piece of paper saying it's a search warrant, I asked why, and told them they could have just asked and I would have let them in with out hesitation. They began asking me questions about a guy named Mario, which was involved with Tony, which was involved with things that had absolutely nothing to do with me. They saw motors and transmissions in my shop and wanted to take Johnny's motor, but I told them he had atleast $20k worth of worth to it, the motor looked beautiful, it was polished and powder coated. Tommy's motor was all apart and they didn't bother with it, they took my brother in law's motor and the other motor that was sitting there.

They also took Johnny's transmission and Tommy's transmission, and then they took the motors. Afterwards they handed me over to the police with the other owners and wanted to charge me with a bogus charge of stolen motors and transmission when they didn't even CHECK the numbers or anything.

Three months into this entire ordeal, I finally came to the conclusion I didn't want to deal with any of this any more. I didn't want to work on cars, I didn't want to deal with any of this. Tommy didn't want to wait so he called Patrick Motorsports and bought another transmission, thereafter I brought Tommy's engine, transmission, and car to Technology R where my brother in law worked out of, along with Johnny's car. Two weeks into having the cars completed, I decided I just couldn't work with cars any more, I left it for my brother in law to finish. Everything was built for the most part and just needed to be put together. I left everything to go motocrossing, I didn't go to jail like everyone claims, I was dealing with so much stress between court, between my girlfriend, between the bills, between dealing with everything around me, I just had to get away from everyone. I did what I thought was the best at the time, and just walked away, only dealt with the courts and wanted to get that issue solved.

As I was going to court, they originally threw out the charges they had on me, then retried it in the Supreme Court, because Tommy's transmission came back stolen, it came from a car back in '97 from California, how did it end up in his car? I don't know, but I didn't do the install of the transmission, the other shop did. I told Tommy to get the receipt from the shop that did that work, I asked him if he had it and he said he didn't. He went back to the shop that did the work, and told them exactly what was going on, the guy held back, he told Tommy he didn't have the records since it was so long ago, and didn't have his receipt for the transmission.

If Tommy had brought back the receipt with the transmission's VIN number on it, nothing would have happened; it wouldn't have been a problem for me. However that shop didn't give him the receipt. Since that was the situation, the district attorney didn't want to hear it, therefore I was back at fighting in court for something that had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with me. I kept going back to court back and forth, three different judges because the prosecutor never had anything prepared. Finally after everything that had happened, they wanted to drop it and make me pay a fine, a Urinating in Public fine, a $110 FINE. I spoke to my lawyer about everything and told him I wanted to sue the state for Defamation of Character, fabricating lies upon lies, implicating me in something that I had absolutely nothing to do with.

The final judge was a really nice guy, he called me to his chamber, sat me down, asked me why I was even fighting this, I told him that since I wasn't guilty, why should I admit to something I didn't do, even the fine had absolutely nothing to do with me. He told me to listen very carefully, and explained to me that he's had plenty friends that were lawyers, get their charges for what ever they had done, knocked down to that same fine, that it isn't on their criminal record, its just a basic fine. I spoke to my lawyer once again to see what was the best thing to do at the time and he suggested that it was the best route to go. I took it because I couldn't take it any more and wanted to finish everything. Go on with my life. Forget everything that had happened.

After that I spent four years motocrossing around the country, from Jersey to Connecticut, then to California, then to Texas, and finally where I spent a majority of my time, to Florida. I'd still go to drag strips to see what was going on, everyone that had met me or seen me saw that I had the dirt bike with me where ever I went. However after breaking two collar bones, a rib, a punctured lung, and about $50k in medical bills accrued I decided I couldn't do it any more. I sold my bike which was by far the biggest mistake of my life, since I was at the happiest and most relaxed point in my entire life. My mother called me that my father was passing away, so I came back home, to spend time with her and him. When I got home, I started working for Ferrari, doing fabrication work for different shops just bouncing around. I got burnt from doing it and decided to work for a shop in Jersey, where I had a manager position.

The entire time while I was at the shop I was still motocrossing. This is the same time frame where I met Matt (all of you know him as Maciej Rogozinski). Matt was telling me that he knew all of my past, he knew my accomplishments with Porsche's, and knew all about the work I did. He began to nag me about building another car. I told him I just didn't want to do it, I didn't want to have anything to do with the field, just wanted to relax. He kept pushing me and pushing me. So I thought of a brilliant plan, I told him that I wanted a specific car, a car that I knew was nearly impossible to find, for a price that was certainly impossible to imagine. One month passed, nothing, I was happy, I knew he wouldn't find anything, yet I always saw him searching for it. Finally after two months he comes to me with the damn car, lo and behold, EXACTLY what I wanted for the EXACT price I wanted.

I couldn't believe it. Basically I was pinned against the wall, he did exactly what I wanted, and found exactly what I wanted. I worked a few months at the shop when my friends from California called me and told me they had HKS waiting for sponsor me with all of the turbo related parts. So I began building the car and racing around the country. That's when Matt told me he'd begin posting on 6Speed, he told me he's been on there since he was a kid, I had no idea what 6Speed even was. He explained it to me as a HUGE Porsche site, with a ton of enthusiasts. Since we wanted to go into business together it seemed like a perfect idea. He was an extremely smart kid, I knew he was very polite and knew how to deal with clients, he knew how to do all of the computer work and was great at promoting and bringing people in. Perfect since he could run the shop while I did all of the fabrication and building. Matt was the one that pushed me no matter what, pushed me to do everything, pushed me to work my hardest.

Initially when he started posting, Tommy began to post bashing me. I had no idea who he was, all it was, was just bashing my name with no details. Later I found it, it was him bashing me about his car, not having the parts it was supposed to. I wondered what in the world was wrong with him, saying the transmission they took wasn't his transmission, meanwhile you must look back and remember there were only TWO transmissions. He began to bad mouth me. Matt tried to be professional and courteous. He attempted to clear things up, he wanted to figure out what was going on and cure the situation. However there was NOTHING to clear up. I told Matt that I didn't want this head ache. If things were going to go this way that I just didn't want to have a shop. I didn't want to bother with all of this when he was putting so much effort into it, to make it perfect. I told him to just not bother, and to continue going to school, and do what he was doing.

After I began working with this new shop, the same guy starts bashing me again. So I finally wanted to speak to him and find out what the problem was. Yesterday we spoke on the phone and I told him exactly. On the dot what happened in court, I told him everything that happened in general, and he told me that he knew his transmission was stolen. He said that his problem with me was that I had abandoned him with my brother in law to finish his car. I found out that my brother in law accidentally put the wrong clutch in the wrong car, the clutch worked fine, however it was just the wrong one.

That's what Tommy said his beef was all about. He told me that he NEVER bad mouthed me, told me he never said that I put the wrong parts in his car, and told me it was about integrity and leaving how I left. I told him everything that happened, I explained that everyone is different, and that I dealt with my problems in my own wait. I asked him what he wanted, he said that he wanted to be compensated for the money he spent with my brother in law. I said really? Don't you think that if you didn't pay him, you would have paid me to finish your car? It didn't make a difference who did it, either way someone would get paid. Who is going to compensate me for the $15k I spent going to court, on lawyers and getting my name bashed all over the place because of YOUR stolen transmission. I said I sucked it up, dealt with all of the problems, like you should have. I don't feel like I owe anyone anything, at most I owe an apology, but I think that might be even too much. If it wasn't for TOMMY'S TRANSMISSION, we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Going back to having a criminal record, I have NO criminal record, I was never arrested or convicted of anything, if you search my name from that day, when his transmission was taken, all of the information about me is the events I attended, and the events I won. Or me being at the SEMA show. If you go from that day forward, you see racing at E-town, the Texas Mile, SEMA, and the only bad thing that comes up is the transmission.

Everybody from 6Speed doesn't know anything about me, no one knows my past, when they look at my past the only thing they bring up is the transmission, bashing me non stop. That's the great thing about this country, freedom of speech, you can fabricate lies, and believe one side of the story. Everyone knows there are three sides to a story, each sides and the truth, however in this situation it is Tommy's side and the truth. I never went on the internet complaining, how to be a victim like he wants to be, I'm the victim, no one lost anywhere near as much as I did. I lost everything, more than Tommy, more than anyone else. But there is one thing that absolutely no one can take away from me, my accomplishments. Everything I've done with Porsche, I hold to this day, the worlds fastest 911 title, 9.1s @ 166mph, I gave everyone several years to catch up to beat that time, and no one has even gotten remotely close. I didn't realize that my work was that much ahead of everyone. And now, with my much heavier car, I go out to the Texas Mile, and set another record, I run a 219mph the first time out to the event. With a motor that wasn't fully tuned, and had a broken dowel pin that holds the damper in place for my timing sensor. The pin was snapped, and the pully moved an inch over, retarding the timing significantly. The cam timing was set wrong, and the ignition timing was incorrectly setup as well. The car ran horrible to be honest, and yet with all that I broke another record speed with a Porsche. Now because of that I have Yokohama as a new sponsor, they supplied me with taller tires since the gearing is off. The car now has 960rwhp @ 1.45 bar, and at .9 bar 700rwhp. No one seems to believe it and like I said I just must be ahead of everyone in technology since everyone doubts it. You can go to 'The Shop' in Connecticut and other shops I've been to and you'll see on their computers that the car makes 700rwhp on the dot.

And poor Matt had to deal with everyone bashing him, on and on, because no one wanted to believe him that the car makes the power that it does, since he saw it first hand. Young kid, that I taught everything, was being bashed on the internet by people who don't have any experience hands on but continue to say things aren't possible. He went on Rennlist and got banned on there because no one believed it, and then I just heard that he was banned off of here as well. Its funny how a person with the best interests, wants to show everyone his passion and a Porsche that continues to break records with ease gets treated like that.

Once I break the 230+mph mark, which I will do at the next Texas Mile event, to take care of Tommy with the Autobahn Supra, and then to take car of Hennessy, I don't have anything else to further accomplish with Porsche's, I will sell my car and go back to my passion of motocrossing, I just want to give thanks to everyone for listening to me and reading this. This is my first and only post I'll be making, so anything that's said from here on will not be answered. I wanted this to be my chance to set the record straight and nothing else. Matt would normally be able to answer all of the questions and be someone to talk to although that seems like it isn't possible. So finally, I'd like to say good bye.

- Eddie Bello
The People's Champ
Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like a good racing movie/also vaguely familiar to what was tried on h/t recently, just not to this extent.

As most of us know the justice system sucks some of the time>
Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 AM
GDD Moderator

^^^good read
Old 01-04-2010, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Those pics bring back memories. Check these out, Marc..

I know you remember this car:

Here's me and Chris(Topspeed86) circa 2001 I think? I was holding up my very first SMS Header.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey mike...."JUST TRY AND RELAX" lol
Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mike K
Wow. Those pics bring back memories. Check these out, Marc..

I know you remember this car:

Here's me and Chris(Topspeed86) circa 2001 I think? I was holding up my very first SMS Header.
MASTANDREA!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good read about Bello he never seemed the type to get into that ****. Pretty sad the guy is getting out of the game considering what he has done for the porsche world and that's with so many drawbacks. It would be scary to see a no budget spared built Bello porsche.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do any of you have any pics of peps old whitecoupe or blue hatch or any of his cars...maybe joshs yellow ctr he had back in the day topspeed guys were wayyyy ahead of there time for back then i give it to them....
Old 05-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EM2Civic
Good read about Bello he never seemed the type to get into that ****. Pretty sad the guy is getting out of the game considering what he has done for the porsche world and that's with so many drawbacks. It would be scary to see a no budget spared built Bello porsche.
X2....
Old 05-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turdflo
aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................... the.....................................90's!!!lol
Thats what I'm saying haha....still nice pictures though
Old 05-26-2010, 02:44 PM
No Sales Forums

damn those were the days !!!! Good old Moroso and the track packed full of people sat and sun. Hotels with no vacancy...lol it was great
Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 AM
GDD Moderator

i was there (with dynamic turbo) in my 99 si at moroso when humberto ran his first 9 second pass, got interviewed by speed as soon as he got back to the tent (didn't even let him get out of the car), then got approached by an official for running so fast without a cage (or a specific cage for his pass).

street car, automatic, a/c. i rode in it once with one of the mechanics down 72nd (when they were first by nw 25st) and i couldn't grasp on to the oh **** handle because the ****ing G forces pressed me in to the seat.

i had never been in such a fast car. i was 18.