Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

November 5-6 at MIR: U.S. Army World Cup Finals (Import vs Domestic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: November 5-6 at MIR: U.S. Army World Cup Finals (Import vs Domestic)

Does anybody know if John Shepherd is going to be able to make it this yr w/ his 7sec AWD Talon.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performace
Old 08-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Don't call it a comeback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: November 5-6 at MIR: U.S. Army World Cup Finals (Import vs Domestic)

Will not miss this event for anything. Last year was tons of fun, cold and all. We came, we saw, we won!

GreasyBlocks will be back in for sure.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We will be there with the ek,i cannot wait this is the best event of the year and im counting down the days!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KeseK24RSX
Does anybody know if John Shepherd is going to be able to make it this yr w/ his 7sec AWD Talon.

-Marquis
-KMOD Performace
Yes, he plans to run this year, I spoke to him last week. He would have ran the event last year if he had his new shifter set-up finished before the event. He has it right now and he is out testing this year already to get all the bugs worked out for the WCF event. He will be running in the "X275 vs Hot Rod" class. Can't wait to see what he runs this year. He went 7.70 @ 195 at the WCF back in 2007, and now the car is lighter and he has 10.5" tires on all 4 corners instead of the 9" tires.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also be sure to check out the WCF Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/importvsdomestic
Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Stay in tune with the WCF website too at www.importvsdomestic.com

There are updates now coming everyday on the site, stay up to date!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to try to come from Watertown,NY to spectate this event.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will be there with a massive pittsburgh crew.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There is a massive Pittsburgh crew?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rogueeg6
There is a massive Pittsburgh crew?
Last year there was at least 30 people in my crew alone, add Dometic guys and J&S dyno guys,and you get a massive crew! Your more then welcome to come down with us!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will never miss this event! Hopefully my turd will be together in time
Old 08-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fmfkid250
Last year there was at least 30 people in my crew alone, add Dometic guys and J&S dyno guys,and you get a massive crew! Your more then welcome to come down with us!
Im going to try to get my car done before then and roll down with everyone.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Which heavy hitters are attending on the domestic side?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm coming looking forward to see some good racing this years as always.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fmfkid250
Thanks. My sister actually lives 20 min from the track. I go there as much as I can. I'll pm you closer to the event and we can meet up down there.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The 2011 WCF class rules for the ET Bracket & Index Classes are now up...

E.T. Bracket Class Rules
http://importvsdomestic.com/rules/11/11.htm

10.50 Index Class Rules
http://importvsdomestic.com/rules/08/08.htm

11.50 Index Class Rules
http://importvsdomestic.com/rules/09/09.htm

12.50 Index Class Rules
http://importvsdomestic.com/rules/10/10.htm

The Heads-Up class rules will be posted by September 15, 2011
Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Trial User

This is the best event of the year in my opinion. Definately not to be missed.

Will it be cheaper to buy multi-day passes or cheaper to buy a day at a time for this event? Though it was only $5 and needlessly wearing an orange band at the bars Saturday night at the last import event, announcing a better deal to those who only bought a one day pass after others payed for two days for the discount is not honest. I asked for a $5 refund at the gate and the woman looked at me like I was crazy and said not gonna happen. You can't say you always "do the right thing" and pay out all classes at full pay even if the class isnt full then turn around and screw the spectators that pay for a two day pass to get the better deal just to find out single day passes got half price the next day.

Im glad thats finally off my chest. See you in November.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hatwilder
This is the best event of the year in my opinion. Definately not to be missed.

Will it be cheaper to buy multi-day passes or cheaper to buy a day at a time for this event? Though it was only $5 and needlessly wearing an orange band at the bars Saturday night at the last import event, announcing a better deal to those who only bought a one day pass after others payed for two days for the discount is not honest. I asked for a $5 refund at the gate and the woman looked at me like I was crazy and said not gonna happen. You can't say you always "do the right thing" and pay out all classes at full pay even if the class isnt full then turn around and screw the spectators that pay for a two day pass to get the better deal just to find out single day passes got half price the next day.

Im glad thats finally off my chest. See you in November.
That was at the IREV event, and we were trying to help put a crowd in on Sunday, so dad offered a discount to the Saturday spectators. We didnt know that would upset people. We lost a lot of money on that event, we thought people would understand that, and understand why we offered a discount. Email me your address at jmiller@mirdrag.com and I will send you $5.

The WCF event is a whole other animal with 10,000 people as we have been doing the WCF for 16 years. If your there both days at the WCF event buy a 2-Day wristband and save yourself $5.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jason Miller
That was at the IREV event, and we were trying to help put a crowd in on Sunday, so dad offered a discount to the Saturday spectators. We didnt know that would upset people. We lost a lot of money on that event, we thought people would understand that, and understand why we offered a discount. Email me your address at jmiller@mirdrag.com and I will send you $5.

The WCF event is a whole other animal with 10,000 people as we have been doing the WCF for 16 years. If your there both days at the WCF event buy a 2-Day wristband and save yourself $5.
And this is why Jason is the man. Always going out of your way to make every one happy even when you know it's not possible. Wish there was a way I could help give back and show you how much us racers appreciate everything you do for us. A lot of us know you lost money giving us an extra race this year and even though you did, you still are trying again next year. I'm sure this race will eventually be huge if you don't give up on it.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Trial User

As I said its only $5. The cost isnt a real issue. What suprised me was the way it was done. Simply a business decision that didnt work quite as planned i imagine. Other than this, there has never been a bad experience, big or small at MIR. Everyone works hard to keep things moving and to entertain the crowd. Noone has every approached with a bad attitude like so many other tracks. I'll not bother with the refund, but your offer to do so makes it right by me.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BILLY_BAD_A$$
And this is why Jason is the man. Always going out of your way to make every one happy even when you know it's not possible. Wish there was a way I could help give back and show you how much us racers appreciate everything you do for us. A lot of us know you lost money giving us an extra race this year and even though you did, you still are trying again next year. I'm sure this race will eventually be huge if you don't give up on it.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, he plans to run this year, I spoke to him last week. He would have ran the event last year if he had his new shifter set-up finished before the event. He has it right now and he is out testing this year already to get all the bugs worked out for the WCF event. He will be running in the "X275 vs Hot Rod" class. Can't wait to see what he runs this year. He went 7.70 @ 195 at the WCF back in 2007, and now the car is lighter and he has 10.5" tires on all 4 corners instead of the 9" tires.
That's awesome to hear!

It's always fun to watch Shepherd's Talon run, it's wicked. I missed WCF that year when he ran that 7.70, but I saw the vids, he lost to Mike King on a holeshot. Good to know he'll be out there again this year. That class is gonna be VERY interesting this year I heard.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Silva Bullit DC4
That's awesome to hear!

It's always fun to watch Shepherd's Talon run, it's wicked. I missed WCF that year when he ran that 7.70, but I saw the vids, he lost to Mike King on a holeshot. Good to know he'll be out there again this year. That class is gonna be VERY interesting this year I heard.
it is always exciting to see shepherd run!! i think the run against mike king was a qualifying pass. shepherd was number one qualifier after that run, and ended up blowing his motor in eliminations because of a 2-3-2 shift. it was a bummer i am stoked to see him come back though!!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2011 WCF Class Rules For Mickey Thompson Tires "Outlaw vs. Extreme" are now posted below...
http://www.importvsdomestic.com/rules/01/01.htm

2011 WCF Class Rules For ATI Performance Products "Radial vs. Modified" are now posted below...
http://importvsdomestic.com/rules/02/02.htm

2011 WCF Class Rules For Holeshot Performance Wheels "X275 vs. Hot Rod" are now posted below...
http://importvsdomestic.com/rules/03/03.htm

2011 WCF Class Rules For JPC Racing "Street Fighter" will be posted by September 15th, 2011 on www.importvsdomestic.com

2011 WCF Class Rules For "Super Street" will be posted by September 15th, 2011 on www.importvsdomestic.com

2011 WCF Class Rules For Driveshaft Shop "True Street" will be posted by September 15th, 2011 on www.importvsdomestic.com

2011 WCF Class Rules For "All Motor" will be posted by September 15th, 2011 on www.importvsdomestic.com
Old 09-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow just wow.....

Quick Reply: November 5-6 at MIR: U.S. Army World Cup Finals (Import vs Domestic)