Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Norwood Autocraft/T&T Motorsports/Stephanie Eggum Hotrod Scion TC spy shots

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Better than steak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Norwood Autocraft/T&T Motorsports/Stephanie Eggum Hotrod Scion TC spy shots (Explicit_Racing)

I guess the truck that was stuck in the mud out back was finally moved? Seeing bob get mad because of the rut was pure comedy!!
Old 03-10-2005, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Norwood Autocraft/T&T Motorsports/Stephanie Eggum Hotrod Scion TC spy shots (Arturbo)

is that a carbon fiber rear axle? also, are there "rod ends" welded onto the upper wheelie bar attachments, it looks as though the "hook" for the wheelie bar is removable?

Modified by Dturbocivic at 10:49 AM 3/10/2005
Old 03-10-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Norwood Autocraft/T&T Motorsports/Stephanie Eggum Hotrod Scion TC spy shots (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess the truck that was stuck in the mud out back was finally moved? Seeing bob get mad because of the rut was pure comedy!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

You missed the rest of it, they put a piece of plywood under the tire, when trying to get it out of the mud and the tire caught the wood, shot the wood flying, which Bob was standing on and he did a backflip into a wheelbarrow. Literally, feet in the air, flew about 4' through the air into a damn wheelbarrow!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Norwood Autocraft/T&T Motorsports/Stephanie Eggum Hotrod Scion TC spy shots (Explicit_Racing)

poor bob is so accident prone! ive seen that poor guy get hurt so many times! racing is a killer! cars looking good steph, good luck this year ill see you later in the year! wont be racing the states this year only cali!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yummy!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Norwood Autocraft/T&T Motorsports/Stephanie Eggum Hotrod Scion TC spy shots (Dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> is that a carbon fiber rear axle?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I was wondering when someone would notice tha. I shipped them some carbon tubes for the wb top tubes as well.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: (bambooluv)

The car looks good so far. It will be interesting to see Ali's car when it's done also.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (S13Sean)

so stephanie is gonna be driving this car now instead of her civic??
Old 03-10-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: (SpoolnG2)

Yeah, it's a carbon fiber rear axle, one of Bob's "one-off" pieces and yes, I'll be driving the Scion, the Civic is for sale...
Old 03-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Explicit_Racing)

very impressive....good luck to you this year. I saw u run at BOTI this year at 66 and was totally impresssed. You got a good crew too, they were nice to talk to. Best of luck.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Explicit_Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Explicit_Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, it's a carbon fiber rear axle, one of Bob's "one-off" pieces and yes, I'll be driving the Scion, the Civic is for sale...</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is a sweet car you got goin..... too bad, you didnt put any more time into the civic, i know it coulda been in the 8's with a little bit more seat time/suspension tunning etc. GOOD LUCK .
Old 03-11-2005, 03:53 PM
RMF

Default Re: (Dturbocivic)

Doesn,t that carbon tube flex alot?Did you put 2 part foam in it.And what keeps it from spinning? Is it like a 4 link deal?Are the link bars carbon too?
Thats all the questions for now.LMAO
Old 03-12-2005, 06:43 PM
RMF

Default Re: (RMF)

I wasn't being a smart *** .I really want to know if it flex's or not. Maybe if it was bigger in dia.

Oh and which red car?because the one on top looks like an old 308 or some kind of Italian job.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RMF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Doesn,t that carbon tube flex alot?Did you put 2 part foam in it.And what keeps it from spinning? Is it like a 4 link deal?Are the link bars carbon too?
Thats all the questions for now.LMAO</TD></TR></TABLE>

Flex? Carbon is stiffer than steel. Carbon is very stiff. The diameter is also slightly larger than what might normaly be used in steel at 1.625" OD. Besides that I don't think this axle gets loaded very much, I'm ther are supporting links and springs as well.

Why would you need the rear axle to spin on a FWD car? I would guess the hubs do all the spinning.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:09 PM
RMF

Default Re: (crx12)

Ha ha .You don't want it to spin.But when you hit the brakes something has to keep it from spinning.Like a ladder bar or a 3 or 4 link set up.And I have felt that tubing and its not as stiff as chrome molly tubing.And the rear axle has around 200lbs sitting still with out a driver.If you push down on that car I will bet you money that rear end flex's
Old 03-13-2005, 02:08 AM

Well, I would bet the tube is bonded into some type of bracket. The tube weighs about 5 times less than Cro-Mo and the deflection compared to Cro-Mo would not be that different if at all assuming we are comparing same wall thickness and OD. Plus much of the launch load will be shared by the wheelie bars. It would be interesting to see a head to head deflection test vs. cro-mo. The tensile strength is for uni-carbon fiber composite is about double what high carbon steel is so I don't think it's going to break. Maybe I'll head down to my local fab shop and post the deflection test. Even that wouldn't tell the whole story since the true loading is so dynamic.

Anyhow this is about the Scion and I would love to see some pics as to how it is mounted also.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Anyhow this is about the Scion and I would love to see some pics as to how it is mounted also. </TD></TR></TABLE>

me too.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbo96wr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo96wr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes that is ALI's car getting fitted with a car/fib body. the car on the right is rado's scion body, also compare the hieght diff. the scion is 3" total from the ground and the celica has a 2" drop and look at the height difference between the 2 car's.

Modified by turbo96wr at 1:07 AM 3/10/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RMF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ha ha .You don't want it to spin.But when you hit the brakes something has to keep it from spinning.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the rear brakes are only for staging/burnout.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

More info.... since I have joined the other side....
Old 04-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (_Keith_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _Keith_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">More info.... since I have joined the other side....</TD></TR></TABLE>

More info...hmmmm let's see.

-Stephanie Eggum got "86'd" from Norwood Autocraft, (which sucks for other driver's in the Hot Rod class, because with her behind the wheel you pretty much had the "guaranteed win" if you lined up against her)
-the cage probably won't pass certification
-the carbon rear axle (in it's current state) is extremely unsafe (ie: TnT Celica crash, part 2 waiting to happen)
-the rear shock mounts are illegal
-the last little tidbit of info I have is the best, and I'll be saving it for last

It would take some serious re-building of the car to make it safe/competitive. I only know of one or two guys that can "bring that car back". And Bob Norwood ain't one of them.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:05 PM

THAT'S A SHOCK!!!!!! that's 2 in a row for the Norwood camp... and you'd think from the pics that the car was gonna be an ace...
Old 04-08-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: (sunny20)

Bob Norwood can't build a Hotrod car? Hasn't he been building cars since most of us were in grade school? How did he pull off all of the bad *** machines I've seen over the years? What is so hard about building a cage that passes tech? You have the NHRA rule book, a good welder, and the right type of tubing and you have a legal cage. Sorry if I seem a bit lost but this is the first bad thing I have ever heard about Norwood?
Old 04-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Lierley Fab

i think that a lot of stuff will be coming out about norwood what do you think the stuff would look like it tony was not there....tony is the man
Old 04-08-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: (Fabman)

Wow I just read the other post about the Subaru This looks bad

Quick Reply: Norwood Autocraft/T&T Motorsports/Stephanie Eggum Hotrod Scion TC spy shots