Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

NOPI Combining awd and rwd with fwd? Common!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (misfertech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry there no more.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

whaaa? when did nhra go?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I LOVE NOPI!!...

Quite a few cars are coming next year from Puerto Rico to Race in Nopi

</TD></TR></TABLE>

umm, i call

the PR cars never show up when everyone says they are, i thought we were supposed to have 27 of them this year running a full NHRA season and nightcapping at some ADRL races and then following that with Hot Import Nights..what happened to that? they get scared of the Nuclear Banana?

Old 11-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Innes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Innes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

umm, i call

the PR cars never show up when everyone says they are, i thought we were supposed to have 27 of them this year running a full NHRA season and nightcapping at some ADRL races and then following that with Hot Import Nights..what happened to that? they get scared of the Nuclear Banana?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

when the hell did eddie hill un retire?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Arturbo)

wasn't you who said Van's SRT had a "unfair" advantage using a OEM automatic?
and you made a fuss over it...WoW Art 1 single SRT-4 since 2003 has stepped up and ran competiive and you complained, how is that not having a problem with other makes?

point being you only want clones
B series/Hondas/Acuras by "your" posts towards the CM/SRT/Ballard
Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Innes)

Hey lol James

Lets see why should they come back to NHRA AFTER THE DISGUCTING conduct of NHRA
forcing them to take there turbos apart...treating them like ****

Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Hey look the idiot showed up. This thread wouldnt be complete with out you. I dont think you know how to read very well maybe I should put in in spanish? Let me make it more clear, FWD vs FWD. FWD= Honda, Cobalts, SRT4, Scion, Nissans, etc. FWD means you put the slicks on the front tires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously art usually I agree with you but come on. you are ok with FWD cobalts with huge potential with the auto and K series cars(clutchmasters proven) but against RWD? what does it matter what wheels are driven as long as the times are close and the class is fair? its not like they are taking LS1 powered 240's and putting them in with single cams we are talking a close racing heads up class.

PS- the fastest PRL trapped was 150mph I believe I am sure Jay will clarify that if it is correct and from talking to him earlier in the season I believe his BEST 60ft was a 1.37. I dont know mark from mazworx or darin personally so I can only speculate on their 60fts but I dont see them being that much different
Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey lol James

Lets see why should they come back to NHRA AFTER THE DISGUCTING conduct of NHRA
forcing them to take there turbos apart...treating them like ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey thats racing in a sactioned event. they want you torn down they can ask you to. it is right there in the rule book
Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Better than steak

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wasn't you who said Van's SRT had a "unfair" advantage using a OEM automatic?
and you made a fuss over it...WoW Art 1 single SRT-4 since 2003 has stepped up and ran competiive and you complained, how is that not having a problem with other makes?

point being you only want clones
B series/Hondas/Acuras by "your" posts towards the CM/SRT/Ballard</TD></TR></TABLE>
You tell me where I said I they had an unfair advantage. I have NEVER said that. I dont know what world you live in, or if you even know how to read english but the translator you have isnt working. I have never said that. You need to stop putting words in my mouth or clean your ears out.

And because only 1 SRT4 has stepped up thats my fault? Look at the SRT4 forum where they talk about the NOPI/NHRA merger. It was only 3-4 pages long. That tells me not a lot of SRT4 racers wanted to race or cared about the class, and how is that my fault?

I want the cobalts to race. I want the SRT4s to race. I want all the FWD to race. What about I want FWD to race FWD didnt you understand?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Darring is racing next year in ULS I suspect

He ran 8.7 this past week on 75mm/T4 turbo
and is switching to a GT47-88MM/T6 to take the 6 speed Supra record...

Mark from Mazworxs with the white 240 is building a new car for a diffrent class

Thats leaves only
PRL and EasyStreet if they ever comeback
to be running low 9's

Old 11-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: (tony1)

Old 11-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"What about I want FWD to race FWD didnt you understand? "

LOL

Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotypeR@SPEC)

IF ITS "SANCTIONED BY NHRA" THEN THE CLASSES SHOULD JUST STAY THE SAME. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SPOOLINmatt)

there seems to be some confusion as to who is really in the decision making
is it a 50/50 or those Nopi have final say or vise versa

NHRA guy said in his POST said his Org will make the rules not Nopi
Nopi is saying they have a say...

a perspective from ESPN 's Bret Kepner

"The NHRA Sport Compact series has been a total disaster for several seasons and, rather than dump the whole program, they sold it to NOPI which, at this point, assures the few remaining NHRA SC competitors of a place to race. That's why this statement is actually fairly important:

“NHRA’s mission is to preserve and promote the sport of drag racing,” said Darcy. “Working with NOPI Motorsports on sport compact racing is intended to further that mission.”

If nothing else, it shows that NHRA didn't want to leave people out in the cold which is actually quite admirable. They could have easily said, "See ya!".

The fact that they're going to get NOPI to add the few NHRA classes which weren't already available at NOPI events is a nice gesture by NOPI but, quite frankly, it's not going to make much of a dent in NOPI's car count. It will, however, allow NOPI to move into a handful of NHRA-only markets to which they had no previous access. The four largest of those would be Englishtown, Atco, Pomona and Fontana.

It's also important to remember that NOPI lost Sony at the end of '06 to the NHRA SC series. Gotta be some sweet revenge there!

While NIRA hasn't been around since NHRA bought 'em out in '01, BOTI (Battle of the Imports) is still around with an eight-race series although their class structure is drastically different than that of NOPI/NHRA.

It's really a great deal for the racers, NHRA and NOPI. NHRA gets out of a nightmare intact, NOPI gets the whole enchilada and becomes the Gorilla of SC racing and the racers get a bigger series with the possibility of larger sponsorship, better purses and more events. "
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Darring is racing next year in ULS I suspect

He ran 8.7 this past week on 75mm/T4 turbo
and is switching to a GT47-88MM/T6 to take the 6 speed Supra record...

Mark from Mazworxs with the white 240 is building a new car for a diffrent class

Thats leaves only
PRL and EasyStreet if they ever comeback
to be running low 9's

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that easystreet isdone with the sub... He is looking into setting a deal with mitsu... So I guess that leaves 1 PRL.. Unless danny finishes his car up.. (i hear it is in paint)
I say that if rear wheel is allowed, they must run in reverse side by side burnouts
Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Better than steak

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by misfertech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there seems to be some confusion as to who is really in the decision making
is it a 50/50 or those Nopi have final say or vise versa

NHRA guy said in his POST said his Org will make the rules not Nopi
Nopi is saying they have a say...

a perspective from ESPN 's Bret Kepner

The NHRA Sport Compact series has been a total disaster for several seasons and, rather than dump the whole program, they sold it to NOPI which, at this point, assures the few remaining NHRA SC competitors of a place to race. That's why this statement is actually fairly important:

“NHRA’s mission is to preserve and promote the sport of drag racing,” said Darcy. “Working with NOPI Motorsports on sport compact racing is intended to further that mission.”

If nothing else, it shows that NHRA didn't want to leave people out in the cold which is actually quite admirable. They could have easily said, "See ya!".

The fact that they're going to get NOPI to add the few NHRA classes which weren't already available at NOPI events is a nice gesture by NOPI but, quite frankly, it's not going to make much of a dent in NOPI's car count. It will, however, allow NOPI to move into a handful of NHRA-only markets to which they had no previous access. The four largest of those would be Englishtown, Atco, Pomona and Fontana.

It's also important to remember that NOPI lost Sony at the end of '06 to the NHRA SC series. Gotta be some sweet revenge there!

While NIRA hasn't been around since NHRA bought 'em out in '01, BOTI (Battle of the Imports) is still around with an eight-race series although their class structure is drastically different than that of NOPI/NHRA.

It's really a great deal for the racers, NHRA and NOPI. NHRA gets out of a nightmare intact, NOPI gets the whole enchilada and becomes the Gorilla of SC racing and the racers get a bigger series with the possibility of larger sponsorship, better purses and more events. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I read that on the RX7 forum too. But he was wrong when he said NOPI lost sony at the end of 2006. NOPI only had XBOX (microsoft) and NHRA had sony. I dont know what he is talking about the revenge.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rules could make all sorts of cars run similar times, its still not racing. Anyone that disagrees with that doesnt understand this whole drag racing thing. What you do to an awd/rwd car to run 9.20's and what you do to a fwd car are totally different. Having these blanket classes is worthless.

Instead of having the best engine/chassis builder and the best driver win, you have the rules deciding the outcome.

Make it fwd only and everyone is facing the same challenges and its true racing.

the class really should only be 92-00civics/integras w/ b-series. that would be an awesome class and would only descriminate against a few current cars.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

a key point was raised about SRWD..... the class doesnt have many people enter because they are limited to pig cars like teh supra/evo/subby and the list goes on...
cars like the 510/corolla are **** outta luck because they dont weight 2600+lbs.....

i or my father can not run anything but quick 16 because our cars dont make weight yet none have any reduction in weight...

a class with a combined field would be nice because it would be like whos the best of the best within a certain set of rules..... but the weight on the RWD guys is killer....
Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the class really should only be 92-00civics/integras w/ b-series. that would be an awesome class and would only descriminate against a few current cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that might be the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

seriously, i'm almost mad i even got involved in this thread. this is all speculation until a rule book is finished.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: (PRLdrag240)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PRLdrag240 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that might be the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

seriously, i'm almost mad i even got involved in this thread. this is all speculation until a rule book is finished.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah I didnt agree with that either. LOL
Old 11-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dmotoguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dmotoguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the class really should only be 92-00civics/integras w/ b-series. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (S@nt0s)

What type of cars do you and your father have?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wHOAlly)

think it through harder..

then watch domestic racing

then think it though again.

if everyone is limited to the same motor, same chassis, then it is a real class. 90% of the cars fit that anyways..

think people.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Default Re: (rhamlinii)

69 corolla
82 starlet

Old 11-13-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: NOPI Combining awd and rwd with fwd? Common! (tommyten)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tommyten &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats why SFWD is successful...nobody has an advantage over anyone. </TD></TR></TABLE>
How does nobody have an advantage over another.
So your saying all the Top contenders in both NHRA/NOPI that are running low 9's dont' have an advantage over all the 10 sec cars?
On the line there is an advantage. as of rules and set up's no there is not. Cause the slower guy can step it up.

But how is that any different the the FWD Vrs AWD/RWD. the rules will allow both cars to pretty much cross the finish line at the same givin time with it's full potential..

You want everything on a more equal basis. Then Why not Limit all the FWD's to a 61mm, and RWD/AWD to a 59mm. That way you don't have these top guys with 900+ hp walking away and it will be more on everyone's shoulders to who can dial in there car and drive better.
Also a lot less motors will blow and a lot less oil downs. at least my opinion with 6-700hp.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: (jpenman50)

Just finished with Paint,
Now finializing the VVL motor
How's your car? Ready for the new season?

Quick Reply: NOPI Combining awd and rwd with fwd? Common!