Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

"NHRA UNLEASHED"

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "NHRA UNLEASHED"

Anyone else get this email?? Im sure we wont be included but just wanted to Share.

Dear SPOOLINmatt the Bad ***,

Atlanta Dragway is so excited to announce the following press release. NHRA Unleashed is going to be "the event" of the year! It will celebrate the grassroots racer and car enthusiast and provide an interactive drag racing event like no other! This event will make its premiere at Atlanta DRagway on June 11-13, 2010. As more details become available, the information will be emailed to you.

Sincerely,
Crystal Wilson
Atlanta Dragway

IN THIS PRESS RELEASE
"NHRA Unleashed" Released....
NHRA AND PRODUCERS OF POPULAR DRAG RACING SHOW
ANNOUNCE AGREEMENT TO PRODUCE MEDIA PROPERTIES
First Project "NHRA Unleashed" to Celebrate Pure American Horsepower
GLENDORA, Calif. (Jan. 7, 2010) - NHRA and producers of the popular drag racing show Pinks®, Stephen Pullin and Jack Schaeffer, have agreed to create, develop and produce media properties including new racing competitions, new events and television programs. The first project, NHRA Unleashed, will celebrate pure American horsepower in an interactive festival environment.
Pullin and Schaeffer's Disrupt/ive Studios, and NHRA, will explore and develop innovative properties focused on wide open wheel-standing heads-up competition embracing the car enthusiast, the roots of NHRA. NHRA Unleashed is the first of these properties, to be staged in 2010, in Atlanta, Indianapolis, Columbus, Ohio, and Gainesville, Fla. A schedule of events is listed below. The plan is to expand NHRA Unleashed to other premier drag racing facilities in the United States in 2011.
"We have been working for several months with Stephen, Jack and the team at Disrupt/ive Studios to create this unique relationship," said Tom Compton, president, NHRA. "We are excited about creating new entertainment media properties and developing entertaining, interactive events aligned with television programming that highlight the foundation of NHRA, the grassroots racer and car enthusiast."
NHRA Unleashed will provide a fully interactive experience for spectators and participants, embracing a new breed of drag racing enthusiast looking for pure, door slammer heads-up competition on the track, ranging from the 10.5 Outlaw to the 13-second weekend warrior, and a festival environment off the track. At an NHRA Unleashed event, everyone and everything is part of the show which will feature heads-up, no index racing on the track, interactive events including Kart Track and Autocross activities, as well as the traditional car show, car/parts swap meet, and car corrals. The drag racing format on the track will have the sole purpose of highlighting competition for the pure heads-up grassroots competitors in the country, vying for the coveted Wally® trophy. Each event will be as much a regional "happening" as it will be a drag racing event and will include exhibition runs by a variety of race vehicles.
"We want to develop events and broadcast programs that capture the sport, lifestyle, culture and original brand of NHRA Drag Racing," Pullin said. "We believe the NHRA Unleashed event embodies everything we are looking to create jointly, a celebration of pure American horsepower."
Further details on NHRA Unleashed will be announced later in January. In addition, NHRA and Disrupt/ive Studios intend to make further announcements in the coming months about additional creative ideas and proposals currently in the planning process.
About NHRA
Headquartered in Glendora, Calif., NHRA has 80,000 members and 140 member tracks nationwide. As the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States, NHRA presents 23 national events featuring the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and NHRA Get Screened America Pro Mod Drag Racing Series. Two NHRA-sanctioned bracket racing series provide competition opportunities for drivers of all levels: the NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style presented by AAA. NHRA also offers the Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 8 to 17. In addition, NHRA owns and operates five racing facilities: Gainesville Raceway in Florida; Atlanta Dragway in Georgia; National Trail Raceway in Ohio; O'Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis; and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Southern California. For more information, log on to NHRA.com, or visit the official NHRA pages on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
About Disrupt/ive Studios, Inc.
Disrupt/ive Studios Inc, is a full service media production and television development studio based in Los Angeles, CA. Disrupt/ive Studios was founded in 2008 by Jack Schaeffer and Stephen Pullin to expand on its affiliate company, Pullin Television, Inc.'s ability to create compelling media properties and television programming with active and loyal audiences. Pullin Television, established in 2004, has produced all five seasons of the breakaway hit series PINKS ™, three seasons of PINKS ALL OUTTAKES™ and will commence its fourth season of the highly acclaimed PINKS ALL OUT™ for Speed Channel, Inc. this spring.

With ongoing development in the US and Australia, Disrupt/ive Studios was established with the core belief that tomorrow's entertainment must reach the audience through multiple channels of distribution and experience. To that end, Disrupt/ive Studios is focused on creating and distributing compelling content with both existing fans and developing audiences through innovative television, new media, digital and live event series.

2010 NHRA Unleashed Schedule
June 11-13 Atlanta Dragway
Commerce, Ga.

Aug. 6-8 O'Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis
Indianapolis

Sept. 10-12 National Trail Raceway
Columbus, Ohio

Nov. 5-7 Gainesville Raceway
Gainesville, Fla.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
rota92

Default Re: "NHRA UNLEASHED"

cliffs plz, too many bold words lol
Old 01-07-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by SPOOLINmatt

"We want to develop events and broadcast programs that capture the sport, lifestyle, culture and original brand of NHRA Drag Racing," Pullin said. "We believe the NHRA Unleashed event embodies everything we are looking to create jointly, a celebration of pure American horsepower."

I think the last sentence explains everything for us.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cheapens the Wally.

What no drifting....
Old 01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MazworxRacing
They might as well hold up a sign that says "imports not welcome"
Old 01-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"a celebration of pure American horsepower"
Old 01-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Our cars are pure american power, we're all american, using pretty much all american made stuff, making Muscle power lol. Ok so the body was made in canada lol.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did they mention "lifestyle and festival"? Sounds like a something they have already tried with the sc crowd.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BoostR41
This is exactly what I was thinking! I dont know that I could support NHRA ever, bailing on sport compact when it certainly wasnt in short attendance. It appears to me that sport compact is regaining momentum and I dont think it would be right for NHRA to reap the benefits of that.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Autocross at an NHRA event?

I love these emails that tell exactly nothing of what the event is about. Heads up drag racing with door slammers that range from "the 10.5 Outlaw to the 13-second weekend warrior?" Sounds like Pinks All Out with a new title sponsor but they gave exactly 0 details on how the event will work.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BoostR41
Isn't that typical of the NHRA to be that way towards imports? Well unless you have a Datsun with a SB in it.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i htink we all know where the NHRA stands when it comes to us. after the NHRA/NDRA debachle, i dont know how much faith i have. and anything with pinks? ill take with a grain of salt.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WTF, we still dont get **** out here in california! NHRA you guys suck *****!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

x2^^
Old 01-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MazworxRacing
x3
Old 01-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

After alllllllllll these years....the NHRA still doesn't get it do they?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

got an email from a guy inside of NHRA, he said imports are welcome. He will have more info for me later.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K20Ahondas
got an email from a guy inside of NHRA, he said imports are welcome. He will have more info for me later.
Oh course your welcome to come pay entry and do well to receive no publicity. I bet you could win any of these race shows on TV and still be discredited some how. The only thing similar to this thats already a huge success is the import vs domestic shootout (@ MIR is it?). Now thats good racing and would be great televised!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They should have imports vs domestics all over the country!!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, Of course they will take your money and say you are welcome, but if you are even in the field, you will get half a run shown andthey will snap to the next race and refer to you as the little civic that could.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I live 30min. from the ohio track and will probably try and race at it depending on how good the other events look.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Old Schooler

I look forward to seeing what this event is all about. Who is involved with this on the NHRA side? Let's hear it NHRA!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my civic was made in Ohio? pure American horsepower?? i guess the Americans that built my car weren't American enough... FWD haters is all those bastards are .
Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And the new Camero is built in Canada....
Old 01-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GaryG
I look forward to seeing what this event is all about. Who is involved with this on the NHRA side? Let's hear it NHRA!
Pat Cvengos of NHRA is looking into this more for us.