Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

New racing TV show - Looking for teams

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this ganna be bracket racing or just heads up. if its bracket i dont see a reason to make big mods between rounds when u can just get a good consistant time and run it threw out the show. also i dont even think it would be possible to spend a $7500 budget in 6 hours. i mean it sounds great but very unrealistic.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MindLess311)

I am also wondering.....

realistically, it will be very hard to get a 4 cylinder car, to go very fast against muscle cars without nitrous, turbos, or superchargers.
A V8 can gain way more power from a simple cam than a 4 Cylinder would.

I am stating this because you guys mention Imports Vs. MUSCE CARS, and for example look at pinks: I DON'T WATCH IT BECAUSE US 4 CYL. GUYS ALWAYS HAVE TO MAKE EXTREME DEMANDS to make it en even race.
We ae tired of seeming to the public as a bunch of wimps with no Horsepower, it could end up bieng a no win situatuion and I would like to join the show, but I would not want to look like a JACKS **** asking for 10+cars. (i mean really), thats why we expect more details (on the fairness) if you want some real racers to participate. All we want is some fun fair racing. but you have to have power adders on these 4 cylinders!!!

anybody else agree???

A perfect Example was HASPORT on PINKS with their CRX. , they took a HONDA with power adders and nice racing, nice results, and a show I really loved, all the others were crap.

thanks
Old 02-08-2007, 02:24 PM

Maybe I missed it in here, but does it say that the car has to be stock to begin with that you want to enter with? Or is the only stipulation for round one: tags, insurance, no power adder?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (jamheg1101)

i think a DSM would be perfect for this show.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: (dturbocivic)

does that mean were not gonna build a turbo mustang anymore? lol
Old 02-08-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: (rota92)

take the piping off and put a non-turbo manifold on it, lol

im sure thats ESPN material.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GrinderGuy)

haha, dsm would be perfect, those cars damn near have "free mods" just waiting
Old 02-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So from what i have looked at this is what i would do....
It never says the vehicle has to be stock so throw a built motor in the car with a ems,already have injectors big enough to make 500whp,fuel rail,pump and everything including the turbo manifold with just exhaust hooked up to it.
Run round 1.make a good showing ...Move to round 2 and buy the turbo(1500) now u can make 500 whp...run round 2...Make a really good showing.....Go to round 3....Add anything else u would need ie.1600cc injectors....Run round 3 make a really really good showing and move to 4th round....Take the 7500 and throw a huge party turn the boost up and go for BROKE.......Car should be good for 9's
Oh and buy as much **** on the show as u can from HONDA-TECH....which makes for a good PLUG FOR THE SITE
Old 02-09-2007, 02:07 PM

I wonder if they specify who you can buy the parts from and if they have to be new...... More answers on these rules would make it a bit clearer.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jamheg1101)

I spoke with the producer yesterday and e-mailed her the reaming questions that she was not able to answer. I will post everything up once I get the information back from her
Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (underpressure02)

The way the rules sound the only way to even have a shot with a 4 cylinder is build a car specifically for the show, either striped out CRX or an unturbed turbo car, or some other crazy thing. I think showing up with an LS1 car you could pretty much own this show with the time limits and the money allowed.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Corey G)

Hey we can build a motor and toss a progressive 400 shot on that baby in 4 hours. It would do some damage!

I'll donate my EVO! Blow it up!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ooh ooh, i've got a question!

is the host going to be a ******* moron who doesnt know a goddamn thing about cars like rich christianson by any chance?

do any of you guys remember the first few episodes? nobody on that crappy show knew anythuing about cars. in the caption where it described modifications it said "nitris" meaning nitrous.

when i watch rich christensen talk about cars i feel the same way i do when i saw R kelly perform that "trapped in the closet" travesty live on MTV. i cant help but feel embarassed for them/ hate them
Old 02-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

after reading the rules i think this show isnt going to be very entertaining. just think of all of the shows where people have no time limit prior to taping(pinks) or where people have several weeks (street tuner challenge) and they can barely make thier cars work. how do you expect half of these cars to make it down the track. maybe a muscle car can just wing it but our high compression and high rpm engines need to be properly tuned and that takes time and the proper equipment.

also where do you buy these parts from? are they going to have a hotdog stand that sells turbos and slicks?

the only way i could see this show working is if they have teams with identical cars show up. that way they could have a variety of parts for that specific car. once you start talking about multiple cars there suddenly becomes thousands of parts and hundreds of places to buy them from which i would be willing to bet that few of them have 1 hour shipping.

but if you had 2005 mustang GT day, and a bunch of people with mustang GT's raced to qualify and then got the first parts budget and the subsequent increases in budget you could put together a good show. it would be all about strategy. the guy who showed up with the most power would qualify the lowest and therefore would get fucked in round two with lenghts of a delayed start or whatever. but the guy who shows up with the stock mustang would get the worst qualifying time but have the advantage in round two and if he uses a good strategy he could become the faster opponent.

it could come down to driving ability in a big way. or choice of tires, or built NA versus the guys who just used nitrous. that would be entertaining

you could do mustang day, evo day, corvette day, whatever. and then maybe at the end of the season have the top qualifiers from each of these race.

the way they are throwing this together seems like it will suck really bad. remember the first season of street car challenge? they had a freaking skyline vs a four door VW, vs a cobalt.

come on. that is so unfair. an awd drive car that can suck down boost like a ***** vs some econoboxes?

are you reading this producers? change your idea or you show will be just as lame and just as much of a laughing stock as the fast and the furious and pinks. us in the import scene can spot someone trying to capitalize on our interests from a mile away. im sure one of you was sitting in a board room and thought to your self, "how can i make money off of people who like racing?"

let me answer that question. BE THE ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DOES IT RIGHT!

employ people that know what the fvck they are doing and listen to us. there is nothing more frustrating than a lame corporate attempt at involving itself in a scene when they cant pretend well enough. its like when your friend has the annoying step dad that thinks he's still 25 and he tries to "hang" with his step sons friends and he tries to talk with thier lingo. it is always pathetic.

please listen
Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 PM

So a sport compact (stock) will attempt to take on another (stock) Domestic? How can a sport compact compete? Seems the domestic will walk on us in the short run.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:01 AM
NooB

Default Re: (EdmondsWashington)

Street legal? in cali nothing is street legal here..not even a intake with a carb sticker
Old 02-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pipes producer, I think you should rethink the concept of the show. These competition type build shows are never fair. Its also not a good reference of how this sport and industry is made of.
I say make it like the amer hot rod, amer chopper, Trucks, etc, type shows. A high end build up of a Honda with real performance parts that us racers actually use would make a good show, teach the new guys, and interest the hardcore guys. So you can get every end of the spectrum.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IT'S ME DAVID)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IT’S ME DAVID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Street legal? in cali nothing is street legal here..not even a intake with a carb sticker </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL
Old 02-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.E.G.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.E.G. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
are you reading this producers? change your idea or you show will be just as lame and just as much of a laughing stock as the fast and the furious and pinks. us in the import scene can spot someone trying to capitalize on our interests from a mile away. im sure one of you was sitting in a board room and thought to your self, "how can i make money off of people who like racing?"

let me answer that question. BE THE ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DOES IT RIGHT!

employ people that know what the fvck they are doing and listen to us. there is nothing more frustrating than a lame corporate attempt at involving itself in a scene when they cant pretend well enough. its like when your friend has the annoying step dad that thinks he's still 25 and he tries to "hang" with his step sons friends and he tries to talk with thier lingo. it is always pathetic.

please listen</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha

from page two....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FUCATYPR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not trying to be a dick but stick to producing and hire real racer to help set up the rules or you're going to end up with a show gayer than Pinks.

Your show can be the answer for all the people that hate Pinks but watch it because it's the only show like that on the air.

P.S. Pleeeeeeeease make sure the host has a FN clue. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my question is if you get eliminated in round 1 or 2 do you get to keep all the parts you put on your car , and where are you going to get the parts (do you have to bring them and just show them recetes of how much you payed for the parts) , and it says you win money , how much money do you win if your the last car standing
Old 02-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (deryck324)

Okay to answer some questions.

The race is bascially a bracket race. Each car will be run by your driver and then one run will be done by the shows driver. They will get a baseline from that and use that to calculate the handicap. I asked if every round will have a handicap start and was told yes.

They will use a .400 Pro Tree.

There is no break outs and no throttle stops or delay boxes allowed.

There will be a Mig Welder on site.

I had asked about a dyno on site and waiting to hear back about that and also if you can tune your car after each build time.

The question concering the parts is this. In the begining of the show you will be asked what parts you want and they will try and get them from the sponsored vendors: Summit, Titan, Magnaflow. If they do not have the parts you are looking for they will order them from where you request.

I asked about the price since a lot of us know people that own shops so can we get a "hook up" on the price. I was told all parts will be purchased at retail amounts.

You are allowed to run MT drag radials so you are not restricted to just running BFG's.

If you win the first round they will impound your car until you come back out for the next round and the next taping session.

Those are all the notes I have from my phone conversation and e-mail with Pam. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I missed anything.

I am still interested in doing it.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (underpressure02)

sounds like my "backyard hook up" kinda show !!!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a EF hatch and EG coupe ready for dontaion!!!!

Any North East peopl down?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a EF hatch and EG coupe ready for dontaion!!!!

Any North East peopl down?</TD></TR></TABLE>

car has to be a 95 or newer..

If you have a 95 EF, then you must be special
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GrinderGuy)

lol, my fault

Sorry for not reading the whole thing, something i myself make fun of.

Quick Reply: New racing TV show - Looking for teams