Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

K SERIES DRAG HEADER ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K SERIES DRAG HEADER ?????

Is it legal to have your exhaust exit underneath you car in the pro allmotor classes?
On a B,H,F or D series the side exit header design seems to be the most efficient.
But on a K powered allmotor drag car a side exit doesnt seem like it would work as well as just dumping the exhaust underneath the car. Ive seen pics of the skunk2 RSX, Scott Molher's neon and that Insight. I couldnt see where the exhaust exits so i assumed they just dumped it under the car. I was wondering if anyone has seen these cars in person or knows the rules off hand. thanks
Old 08-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: K SERIES DRAG HEADER ????? (Rusty Shackleferd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rusty Shackleferd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it legal to have your exhaust exit underneath you car in the pro allmotor classes?
On a B,H,F or D series the side exit header design seems to be the most efficient.
But on a K powered allmotor drag car a side exit doesnt seem like it would work as well as just dumping the exhaust underneath the car. Ive seen pics of the skunk2 RSX, Scott Molher's neon and that Insight. I couldnt see where the exhaust exits so i assumed they just dumped it under the car. I was wondering if anyone has seen these cars in person or knows the rules off hand. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive seen skunk's exhaust up close and its exits straight to the rear

one of the reasons most honda teams use side exits because its difficult to get good ground clearance with a 4 into 1 collector underneath the oil pan.