Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Jerrold Rhodes on BET.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jerrold, I'm pretty embarrassed reading that article...

I can't believe you said you are the first black NHRA Sport Compact Racer. Maybe the first Black SC Racer to run 11s in an 8 second car. Oh Yea, you were really carrying the torch great for us when I used to see your old CRX racing on ESPN and it would break or run 12s every single pass. Honestly, it sounds to me like he said that stuff assuming noone he knew would ever read it or hear about it.

It's kind of like when you meet some girl, and you tell her a bunch of bullshit just to hit it. Well, you are assuming that noone who knows the truth about you is ever going to talk to this girl. Then later you find out that you have a mutual friend, and the mutual friend found out what you told her and ****-blocked you.

That's basically what's happening here...Jerrold never thought HT would read that article so he said some **** that he definately shouldn't have said.

It's so hard to be a fan of yours Jerrold...You come on forums and talk trash to people. Then, if anyone talks trash back suddenly you start insinuating that you are going to beat up anyone that talks bad about you. Noone is skurrred...On top of all that, you goto the track and put on horrible performances...I have seen your CRX at the track, and I saw Stephen's old car when you bought it. Everytime you go down the track I'm thinking, "Damn, this is gonna be the pass where he holds it down." Nope, WRONG...Honestly I think I have seen your cars in person and on TV a total of like 10-12 passes...and EVERY single one is junk. You should take some of that 8.9Mil and spend $35 to goto a test and tune and get your **** together.

Yea, so you are probably going to come back and tell me to build a ProFWD car and come to all the races and see how hard it is, blah blah blah. You got screwed over by Nelly, blah blah blah...Noone want's to hear it, because you've pretty much always sucked.

[Bottom Line] I just lost the tiny, tiny bit of respect I ever had for you.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Shooting Star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read that article and why do black people have to make such a big deal about the first this the first that...It sounds like sportscenter the first night after the bears win, then when the colts won. It was a 2 week period about how the first black coaches doing something great for the black community. They are both awesome coaches, does it matter if your black, white, purple, or green? This racial bullshit is exactly that bullshit.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Suprdave)

(Jerrold never thought HT would read that article so he said some **** that he definately shouldn't have said.)

What are you talking about!!! Thats not what I said!!! What I said is stated on here!!! from my own words!!!!

(if anyone talks trash back suddenly you start insinuating that you are going to beat up anyone that talks bad about you.)

Again what are you talking about!!!! I am letting people know on this public form about what's going on with our program when they wanna take shots at us about our performance at the track. I never stated anything about beating people up! Your just blowing things out of proportion so you can look cool on (HT) . That's your opinion. Opinions are like A**holes everybody's got one and everybody thinks the other ones stinks. On that note If I see info retaining to us and im able to state my opinion on it in a public forum such as (HT) and people are stating things about us that are incorrect. I will get on here and state my opinion. Well, at any rate, you can feel anyway you want to about this issue. I don't really care.The people that really know me on a personal level know that that's not my style. Well I have said plenty on this matter.

The next time you choose to quote me find the things that I really said on (HT) and copy paste the information.Otherwise your just going to look like a dumb *** when I come on here to tell you whats up.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: (Skeletor_1320)

So you said nothing contained in paragraph 5?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skeletor_1320 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the 2nd time I have answerd you......
Old 02-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Skeletor_1320)

It is your responsibility(as a professional)to not let things like that happen.You should have asked the interviewer not to print the article until you have read it.Deadlines please, how long does it take to email that article? You could have had it within seconds of it being finished.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Jerrold Rhodes on BET.com (4piston)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4piston &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
-#5 is sickening to me. It seems to me that bigotry and segregation is kept alive BY minorities. That article implies a HUGE stereotype...isn't that something that the "rest" of us are always deeply criticized for?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im with Luke.. 100% SCracing is one of the several motorsports organazations that has tremendous diversity (as compared to nascar and IRL, etc) Why tarnish it with this racial horseshit.. I dont think theres a single person who benefited from that article..
Old 02-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Jerrold Rhodes on BET.com (GrinderGuy)

from the comments on that article:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bad ***, posted: 11/14/2006 5:10:12 AM

posted by: skeletor1320

hes a bad ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is just going to go back and fourth, lock this thread....
Old 02-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What do you mean, he didn't say anything in paragraph 1,2,3,4 or 5.BET made the whole thing up.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:00 PM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Jerrold Rhodes on BET.com (eddiecut)

done and done