Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

IMPORT FACE-OFF: Houston Raceway Park - Jan. 20, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:55 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMPORT FACE-OFF: Houston Raceway Park - Jan. 20, 2008

This will be the 1st 1/4 mile Import money race in Houston since 2004. Houston area racers and shops, please support this event so we can continue having it at HRP instead Gulf Greyhound Park. Here's the info...

4th annual IMPORT FACE-OFF presented by COMMUNITY SCION: Sunday, January 20th at Houston Raceway Park. Event website = http://www.IMPORTFACEOFF.net (to be updated with 2008 rules and Houston specifics after 12/16/07)

Gates will open at 9am. Qualifying at 11:00, 12:15, & 1:30. Eliminations at 2:45, 4:00, & 5:00.

COMPETITION DRAG CLASSES AND PAYOUTS
SFWD Quick 8 $1200 presented by S.P.E.C.(FWD 4 cyl only, slicks and open exhaust OK)
Street Class Quick 8 $1000 (FWD, RWD, or AWD 4/6 cyl or rotary only, DOT tires and muffler required)
All Motor Quick 4 $500 (F/R/AWD 4/6 cyl or rotary, n/a engines only, slicks OK for FWD only, open exhaust OK)
4G63 Quick 8 presented by Forced Performance "jackpot" race (100% of entry fees to be paid to winner(s)
Bracket 14.99 and Faster $200 (any import or domestic sport compact)
Bracket 15.00 and Slower $200 (any import or domestic sport compact)
Motorcycle Bracket $100 (any motorcycle of import origin)
*full fields required for full payout. Full = 8 cars for Quick 8 classes, 4 cars for Quick 4 classes.

PRICES: Spectator $13 with flier (regular $15) - Car show entry $25
Test and tune racer (open to any make/model) $20 - Competition racer (import or sport compacts only) $30
FREE competition passes for contestants traveling 200+ miles. Visit website for more info.

OTHER ACTIVITIES that will be going on include: car/truck/bike show, drifting, stereo crank it up contest, hot body contest (weather permitting), burnout contest, mixed martial arts expo with open submission grappling, vendors, giveaways (free Hooter's wings and NOS energy drink!), and DJs.

We also need help passing out fliers. If anyone would like to help, please email your name and mailing address to hybridentertainment78@yahoo.com. Promoters are assigned a number and are paid on commission, $2 for every flier that comes in with your number on it. Spectators bring in the fliers because of the $2 off admission coupon. Checks are mailed within a week after the event. The program pays well if you get enough fliers out. There are successful, repeat promoters every year at every location.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, I hope I have my CRX ready by then...
Old 12-11-2007, 05:36 PM
E-thug

Default Re: (civicious)

I so hope my car is done again for this....
Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man i cant wait for this. Help support this event guys. I dont mind driving to dallas or san antonio for events, but this is sooo much closer.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:39 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

Default Re: (vietjdmboi)

The San Antonio race had a great turnout with 13 SFWD racers, almost enough for a Q16. Hopefully we can make the HRP event a Quick 16 race.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:40 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

Default Re: (GSRcaucAZN78)

I need shop names and addresses to mail fliers to. If know some, please post. The phone book isn't helping much.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:41 PM
E-thug

Default Re: (GSRcaucAZN78)

not looking good for me
Old 01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
GSRcaucAZN78

Default Re: (boostismycrack)

bump for the face-off. Some people don't realize that IFO is at Houston RACEWAY park this year, not Houston Motorsports Park. HRP is 1/4 mile, not 1/8 mile.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a week away guys.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got got back from doing some testing at the track... i broke 4th gear again but i will be ready in time!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alopez84)

good luck bro. i just got home a few hrs ago from picking up ALOT of stuff in htown and have been at work since 7:30 this morning. hope to see you guys out there.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95civicgsr)

first IFO to go to. too bad my hatch isnt gonna be ready and tuned by then. would love to compete in the all motor class. cant wait
Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alopez84)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alopez84 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got got back from doing some testing at the track... i broke 4th gear again but i will be ready in time!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You were moving up top!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95civicgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good luck bro. i just got home a few hrs ago from picking up ALOT of stuff in htown and have been at work since 7:30 this morning. hope to see you guys out there.</TD></TR></TABLE> Let me know if I can help J, If you need to use the dyno let me know!

There also will be a well known race promoter walking around the pits and looking at the turnout. San Antonio had a nice turnout let's see if Houston can step-up
Old 01-13-2008, 10:56 AM

Default Re: (C Squared Motorsports)

I'll be out there to support. My project is gonna take some time
Old 01-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

up for sports compact racing in tx!!!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (95civicgsr)

Any results from today?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

I just have to say that I am VERY disappointed in IFO.

In the all motor class there was a competitor that had nitrous on his car. He had nitrous on his car in this event, Tulsa and some of the others that we have seen him at. I brought this to Cliff's attention in Tulsa and he said he would handle it. Here in Houston the same guy again had nitrous installed on his car again with his solenoid half *** hidden under his intake manifold.

The racer said he hasn't ran nitrous in two years. I asked him why his car has consistently gotten faster every race? He said that he built new motors...bla bla bla. Well if he has built new motors and hasn't sprayed in 2 years then why did he REINSTALL the nitrous?

Everybody that competes in ALL MOTOR knows that it is an absolute no no to have ANY nitrous equipment installed on your car. This is clearly stated in the rules of the other sanctioning bodies. There is a loophole in IFO.

Why would this racer show up to MULTIPLE events over the course of a couple of years with nitrous equipment installed? And then...why would he be upset if someone challanged him and thought that he was spraying? Its pretty suspicous that you had time to build new motors tear stuff down and yet you still chose to install the nitrous and you expect everyone to just believe that you are not spraying...

Some people will say that I am just complaing because we didn't win. This is not the case. Wether we win or not isn't the point. The point is that when multiple thousands of dollars and countless hours are spent preparing a car to race in a class with a specific set of rules you want a fair shake.

I don't know if the dude was spraying or not. If he was, he is a cheater...simple as that. He went on to win the event.

The reason that I am disappointed in IFO is because they let it happen...multiple times now. Cliff assured me that he looked the car over and there was nothing hidden, but I don't think Cliff had the time to do a thorough search.

The racer DID remove a nitrous line that went to the back of the car where a bottle would have been in the spare tire area, but there was another steel braided line that ran under the dash from the engine bay. I suspect that he had a cheater bottle under the dash and used the line in the back as a diversion and would remove that line but leave the solenoid as the line removed was a dummy and the real line was under the dash.

All in all, Cliff puts on a good event and I know he tries hard to please both the participants and spectators, but this issue needs to be addressed.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (20lbbooster)

man that **** is lame. I would have threatened for him to cut all wires to his solenoids and still kick his ***.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SPOOLINmatt)

Call his *** out in the staging lanes while other competitors are watching. Then see what he does. Cheaters suck.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SpeedDreamz.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpeedDreamz.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Call his *** out in the staging lanes while other competitors are watching. Then see what he does. Cheaters suck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We did, he did nothing but make excuses.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all i know is that it was cold as hell. It was alright I think it could be better. It was great seeing everyone out there. I have some pix too. might post them later
Old 01-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 20lbbooster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just have to say that I am VERY disappointed in IFO.

In the all motor class there was a competitor that had nitrous on his car. He had nitrous on his car in this event, Tulsa and some of the others that we have seen him at. I brought this to Cliff's attention in Tulsa and he said he would handle it. Here in Houston the same guy again had nitrous installed on his car again with his solenoid half *** hidden under his intake manifold.

The racer said he hasn't ran nitrous in two years. I asked him why his car has consistently gotten faster every race? He said that he built new motors...bla bla bla. Well if he has built new motors and hasn't sprayed in 2 years then why did he REINSTALL the nitrous?

Everybody that competes in ALL MOTOR knows that it is an absolute no no to have ANY nitrous equipment installed on your car. This is clearly stated in the rules of the other sanctioning bodies. There is a loophole in IFO.

Why would this racer show up to MULTIPLE events over the course of a couple of years with nitrous equipment installed? And then...why would he be upset if someone challanged him and thought that he was spraying? Its pretty suspicous that you had time to build new motors tear stuff down and yet you still chose to install the nitrous and you expect everyone to just believe that you are not spraying...

Some people will say that I am just complaing because we didn't win. This is not the case. Wether we win or not isn't the point. The point is that when multiple thousands of dollars and countless hours are spent preparing a car to race in a class with a specific set of rules you want a fair shake.

I don't know if the dude was spraying or not. If he was, he is a cheater...simple as that. He went on to win the event.

The reason that I am disappointed in IFO is because they let it happen...multiple times now. Cliff assured me that he looked the car over and there was nothing hidden, but I don't think Cliff had the time to do a thorough search.

The racer DID remove a nitrous line that went to the back of the car where a bottle would have been in the spare tire area, but there was another steel braided line that ran under the dash from the engine bay. I suspect that he had a cheater bottle under the dash and used the line in the back as a diversion and would remove that line but leave the solenoid as the line removed was a dummy and the real line was under the dash.

All in all, Cliff puts on a good event and I know he tries hard to please both the participants and spectators, but this issue needs to be addressed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

big this competitor should have been disqualified for even having nitrous components installed bottle or not. IMO

Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 PM

To start off about the nitrous issue. Yes, the car did run nitrous before in the past. The reason that is install in the bottom not to conceal it but because it's nearly impossible to mount a direct port on a skunk 2 intake manifold due to their short runners. There's not enough space between the fuel rail and the plenum and the air intake temp sensor location. Every since we decided to compete in the all motor class, the nitrous has been removed. The reason the foggers are still there because it's a little complicated to remove since they are located on the bottom of the mainfold. We figure removing the bottle was good enough, since we been running like that for all last season with no issue until today. Since it was bought up today, we will remove the foggers by the next IFO event in Feb to keep everyone happy. The car went 11.0 today, it'll be in the 10s by next event......
Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 PM

Default Re: (tony1)

sup tony. In qualifying, bogged out of the hole had to double clutch i went 10.1 @ 153. 1st round of elimination broke 4th gear but won the round since the other car red lighted. I decided to run the semi with no 4th gear anyway. Had the race all through 3 gears, held it off the rev limiter in 3rd for as long as i could, went 10.8 @ 107. Not good enough..... Liberty Gears by next event in Feb. (the track was cold, NO traction!!!)
Old 01-21-2008, 06:30 AM
GSRcaucAZN78

Default Re: (phong)

I checked the car thoroughly, even layed on the ground and looked under the car.

we'll make a rule update for the all motor class this week, absolutely no n20 components.

Quick Reply: IMPORT FACE-OFF: Houston Raceway Park - Jan. 20, 2008