Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

IDRC International Finals Oct 16th, 2011 Auto Club Dragway / Fontana, CA

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IDRC International Finals Oct 16th, 2011 Auto Club Dragway / Fontana, CA

smh
Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Munkyw3rkz.webs.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: IDRC International Finals Oct 16th, 2011 Auto Club Dragway / Fontana, CA

We will be there with a few cars the corolla will be there on a new set up running quick class
Old 10-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is anyone sure that this event is still happening? It's almost painfully obvious that they dont really care who shows up, we went through this lack of rule posting for the last event as well. Basically, you find out when you get there if your car is legal or not, which seems a bit foolish.

Thanks IDRC. Whoever is in charge of this crap should be fired, he is obviously worthless.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pretty pathetic to see an event organizer not have any info. I think people are really trying to support and go to this event but it makes it hard to when there's hardly any information. Come on IDRC, put a bit of effort into it please. I'm sure everyone wants the race to happen but if there isnt any marketing or talk about it, its hard to be hyped about it.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by locash
Basically, you find out when you get there if your car is legal or not, which seems a bit foolish.
thats the part of most concern! rather be prepared with the rite info then any surprises.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think the event is still going on . all of the local shops out here got flyers sent to us and phone calls to make sure we will be there. as for the rules we dont know either. this event is gonna happen. so show up guys and lets make it happen!

I just wanna race!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is bs we need some damn rules already
Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 PM

i just alked to jeren on face book he said full exhaust for pro AM. guess we not going. im not gonna re tune the car and spend 600$ or more onthe whole exhaust.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe it would be best to just leave the old rules. Just for this last event.

This will give you more time to work on your NEW set of rules for next year.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ctrparts.com
i just alked to jeren on face book he said full exhaust for pro AM. guess we not going. im not gonna re tune the car and spend 600$ or more onthe whole exhaust.
Why not race the quick class which if the exhaust thing is true alot of people are going to be in.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Luserkid
Why not race the quick class which if the exhaust thing is true alot of people are going to be in.
well its nice to go race iin the class you supposed to race in. im not in la either. its alot of money to go to basically test.

i can do that here in sac.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigballer69
I will let you guys know when the revisions have been finalized, should have it all together this week. Thank you for checking back
This reply was on Sept 12, 2011------it's already Oct! We are not taking 5 cars and towing a few hundred miles to your event, only to find out the day of the event that our cars does not comply to the revised rules. Tell us why we should support your events when you guys can not decide on something very simple.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's not even worth driving the 2 hours to spectate if half the cars aren't going to show up. come on guys, get your **** together. pretty near 1 week until the event. If flyers are out, wheres the info (updated rules)?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this event is going to be a flop. Nothing but slow street cars are going to show up
Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So how do they expect us to even know this, are we all suppose to call them up personally, and then they will tell us? What does full exhaust even mean?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks like website is gone....... Failz!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

website is back up. doesn't look like a "full exhaust" rule is in affect
Old 10-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

EVENT SPECTATOR and PARTICIPATION FEES
Racer Entry - $80
Fun Run Entry - $40
General Admission / Spectators: $20
Children (6 - 11): $5
EVENT SCHEDULE (TENTATIVE)

08:00am Gates Open
09:00am Time Trials Begin
01:00pm Eliminations Begin
04:00pm Finals
05:00pm Closing Ceremonies
RACE CLASSES

E.T. Bracket Class

Are you ready to run what you brung? It doesn't matter how fast your car is or isn't. There's a bracket class for you to win within the IDRC's bracket classes. Open to all import and high-tech domestics from stock to dragsters. The bracket classes feature the best foot brake (no delay box) racing action. Vehicles can be mild to wild, full race or full street. Bring mom's car, it's time to have fun!

SUPER MOD - 13.00-seconds and up dial

SUPER COMP - 7.50-seconds to 12.99 dial

Fun Run / Shake Down

A perfect time to just enjoy your car on the 1/4 mile drag strip or to do some test passes to see what your vehicle is really capable of.
HEADS-UP CLASSES

TRUE STREET

Looking for real street performance? Check out the IDRC's True Street Class. With all cars running on D.O.T. radial tires, through the mufflers and in "street legal" trim, the IDRC gives the local "Kings of the Street" a chance to become national heroes.

All vehicles in this class maintain factory chassis construction. A minimum class qualifying time of 13.99 must be met to make the qualifying field

ALL MOTOR

Similar to the Quick and Street classes, all vehicles in this class are encouraged to maintain the factory chassis construction. Variations from the factory chassis restrictions will result in additional weight asessments as outlined herein.

QUICK CLASS

The original "heads up" import drag racing class continues to the sport most popular. Pioneered by Turbo and Hi-Tech Performance Magazine, this class has evolved to present leading edge technologies while still maintaining its original purpose - to showcase the performance available from today's production compacts. All vehicles in this class maintain the factory chassis construction. The highly developed quick class rules allow many different makes and models to be competitive in the same class. This allows for manufacturer rivalries, as well as the constant front-wheel drive versus rear-wheel drive showdowns. Competitive cars currently run in the 9's or 10's at sea-level tracks.

PRO-AM ALL MOTOR FWD/RWD

PRO-AM TURBO FWD

SCALE POLICY

All racers MUST scale after every pass. Failure to scale during qualifying means the run will not count. Failure to scale during eliminations will result in disqualification and reinstatement of the losing competitor, providing they also scale and make minimum weight.

..........SO WHATS THE WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS IF YOUR GOING TO SCALE EVERYONE??? ARE ****ING SERIOUS WITH THESE RULES???
Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dang 20 bucks for spectators
Old 10-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It looks like no rules for the Pro Am classes just like it was a month ago!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Event is in 1 week
Old 10-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know there has been a lot of confusion about what is going on and I apologize for the lag with the rulebook. Originally we were planning on having a new rulebook set for this last event, but with only one event left in the season and everyone's vehicles already in their current state and with so little time left in the year/season we decided to run with the old rulebook for this last event and we will issue a new revised rulebook for the next season.

The rulebook is posted onto our website at www.importdrag.com, the site was originally down for a while and I apologize for that. Our site domain was shut down and we basically had to do a mad scramble to get everything up again.

If all of this confusion has deterred you from coming to race at the event, I apologize. In the end we are here to provide Southern CA racers with a place to race. There aren't that many sanctioned events taking place here anymore and we are doing what we can to keep the scene alive.

If you have any questions or complaints, i'm all ears.

Originally Posted by ifiluky
Maybe it would be best to just leave the old rules. Just for this last event.

This will give you more time to work on your NEW set of rules for next year.
I completely agree, we will be running with the old rulebook for this last event to provide as least confusion as possible and to keep it fair for those that have raced at our past events.

well its nice to go race iin the class you supposed to race in. im not in la either. its alot of money to go to basically test.

i can do that here in sac.
If you are willing to make the trip down here, we'd love to see your vehicle run. My friends and I used to race all the time at Sac Raceway when I lived up there, i'm glad that they are still going strong for the Nor Cal Folks.

Originally Posted by i-VTEC racer
This reply was on Sept 12, 2011------it's already Oct! We are not taking 5 cars and towing a few hundred miles to your event, only to find out the day of the event that our cars does not comply to the revised rules. Tell us why we should support your events when you guys can not decide on something very simple.
We were originally going to revise the rulebook to accomodate more racers, but we ultimately decided to run with the old rulebook for this last event so that people wouldn't have to change their setups last minute. What class were you thinking of racing in? If you have any tech/rule questions you can post them here and I can have our tech department answer them for you if you can't find your answer in the rulebook. Ultimately we appreciate all racers that come out to the event, because without racers we can't have an event and without events people don't have places to race. Drag racing is the most raw and oldest form of racing, and we just want to continue to have events where people can enjoy their cars in a safe environment.

Originally Posted by civic nation
this event is going to be a flop. Nothing but slow street cars are going to show up
We welcome all cars, as long as they are down to race. Whether it be slow street cars, rental cars, 8-sec street cars.

Originally Posted by **Shorty**
looks like website is gone....... Failz!
Website domain basically blindly kicked us in the *****, and we had to call 25 different call centers located in the following countries; India, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, etc..... to get the site back up. But it's back up!

Originally Posted by civic nation
dang 20 bucks for spectators
Our spectator prices have been $20 since I can remember, but maybe I can work out a special www.honda-tech.com deal for you
Old 10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigballer69
I know there has been a lot of confusion about what is going on and I apologize for the lag with the rulebook. Originally we were planning on having a new rulebook set for this last event, but with only one event left in the season and everyone's vehicles already in their current state and with so little time left in the year/season we decided to run with the old rulebook for this last event and we will issue a new revised rulebook for the next season.

The rulebook is posted onto our website at www.importdrag.com, the site was originally down for a while and I apologize for that. Our site domain was shut down and we basically had to do a mad scramble to get everything up again.

If all of this confusion has deterred you from coming to race at the event, I apologize. In the end we are here to provide Southern CA racers with a place to race. There aren't that many sanctioned events taking place here anymore and we are doing what we can to keep the scene alive.

If you have any questions or complaints, i'm all ears.

I completely agree, we will be running with the old rulebook for this last event to provide as least confusion as possible and to keep it fair for those that have raced at our past events.

If you are willing to make the trip down here, we'd love to see your vehicle run. My friends and I used to race all the time at Sac Raceway when I lived up there, i'm glad that they are still going strong for the Nor Cal Folks.

We were originally going to revise the rulebook to accomodate more racers, but we ultimately decided to run with the old rulebook for this last event so that people wouldn't have to change their setups last minute. What class were you thinking of racing in? If you have any tech/rule questions you can post them here and I can have our tech department answer them for you if you can't find your answer in the rulebook. Ultimately we appreciate all racers that come out to the event, because without racers we can't have an event and without events people don't have places to race. Drag racing is the most raw and oldest form of racing, and we just want to continue to have events where people can enjoy their cars in a safe environment.

We welcome all cars, as long as they are down to race. Whether it be slow street cars, rental cars, 8-sec street cars.

Website domain basically blindly kicked us in the *****, and we had to call 25 different call centers located in the following countries; India, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, etc..... to get the site back up. But it's back up!

Our spectator prices have been $20 since I can remember, but maybe I can work out a special www.honda-tech.com deal for you
Are you weighing Pro-Am cars? Your old rules don't specify weight requirement for that class. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by i-VTEC racer
Are you weighing Pro-Am cars? Your old rules don't specify weight requirement for that class. Thanks!
We will not be weighing Pro-Am cars, only Quick Class and All Motor will be weighed.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
NooB

Rule is there are no rules haha

Quick Reply: IDRC International Finals Oct 16th, 2011 Auto Club Dragway / Fontana, CA